Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one for the Inline 6 pros.......(tuner design) '74 1500

I am in the process of building an adapter plate to fit my 1974 inline 1500 to my T2X 12 inch mid section, and i guess i need to incorporate some kind of tuner.................Soooooo, i was hoping i could get some input from the wealth of knowledge & experience on here as to length shape etc. etc.
    I can easily copy the T2x tuner and adjust the lengths to suit the regular inline, or i can adapt a 2.4 v6 bell type tuner on or anything really, there is no concern with trying to get it through the engine mounts like the factory mids, and of course the easiest way is to just have no tuner at all, but lets have some ideas...
    The hull is vee bottom, 14.7 ft, under 400lbs hull only and is strictly for racing, circles & point to point.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id look at the tuner that came with the 1974 1500 and make it like that. The t2x tuner is really long on one bank of 3. But on a standard firing order 1500 you would not need that.

if you have the standard 1500 tuner that may be best.
    L6fan57-88

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i knew the twister one was long & short, but i think i could copy the long side & make the short side longer to suit the regular exhaust tuning, i do have the regular '74 tuner, but it is kind of kooky looking because of the shape changes needed to get through the upper mounts, i thought a bit straighter might be better?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think straight is good.

It would be interesting to model the T2x adaptor and if you have time play with the lengths.

If you lengthen the short one up to closer relate to the longer side of the T2x tuner you will most likely change your power band to a stronger lower end I would imagine. The longer the tuner the better torque a motor will typically see at a loss to top end HP.

The 1500 tuner is pretty short If I remember right.

Others on here are much much better at this than I. The exhaust side of motors mystifies me at times.

C
    L6fan57-88

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great info and along the lines I was thinking also, the 1500 tuner does seem very short, (although I don't have any others to compare)
    The whole inline motor mystifies me mate but it's fun learning, I appreciate the replies!!!