0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

give me your opinions please, be nice

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141117_225341.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	394.5 KB 
ID:	309867hey all you outboard guys, im new on here, but not new to boats and the building of them. I mostly have built pleasure and sportfishing boats up to 60 ft. I've been in the biz since the 80's. so why am I posting a pic of a boat on here, well first let me say I know its a terrible pic, my computer at home was fighting me, so I just took a pic of screen with phone. this boat as you see it doesn't exist. parts of it do, but I had a Photoshop guy add the closed cockpit to it. It was the cheapest way to get to a concept photo. I do own the hull just not with the enclosed cockpit. the hull is 25' buy 7'. it will run in the 70's with a 225 optipop on it. I want to produce this boat, using this hull, and please before you ask me who's hull is it, i'll just say don't worry about that. I own it, it is not mfg. anymore, wont be, gone long gone. it was not and is not trademarked, copyrighted, or protected hull design. I want to offer this hull in 3 configurations , open bow, open cockpit wind in your face and this version, enclosed cockpit. it will not be totally enclosed, the top is open all the way to the rear seats. it will have removable rear roof panel to fully enclose if desired. it will have 10" set back jack plate, and will probably be powered by a 250 vmax. should see speeds in the 80's. this pic was taken at a slow speed. it will get up on top and fly. no pad, doesn't walk, nice and smooth. so with that said would you buy one if it becomes available, and what would you expect to pay for one? first class infused glass work , cored, no wood, clean rigging, great interior, your choice of colors on gel. im just putting this out on here to get some feed back, on the style and what some one would pay. please let me know. thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ditch the yammi and put on a 300XS. Find out what it really will do and post up vids with some legit #s. It's a new boat to the market and has to be proven sometime.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey thanks for the reply, but without telling you who made the hull, I can say it was run with a 300 suzy and set a "world record" in its day, as I was told by a factory worker who knows the boat . havent found anything on the apba. but will continue to look. I personally have ridden in one that ran 75, with a optipop 225. with jackplate stuck at about 1 inch below bottom. it wasn't working. that's why I bought one. the hull is proven and one just like it is owned by a guy on this site that runs tunnel hull boats at the circle races. these are the only two in existence that I have found. so what do you think of the cockpit?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be a cool open bow hot rod
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

Scream & Fly Flying Machine of the Month:
    September 2005

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ild&highlight=

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it a true tunnel ?
    the boat and story sounds familiar also

https://www.facebook.com/scott.steffe

Replacement Fiberglass Windshields For just about every hydrostream
    Fiberglass Seat Shells 18 wide high backs, 18 wide barrel backs and 23 wide big boy barrel backs

call 941-575-8914 with any questions

7 to 3pm 5 days a week
    Custom Fiberglass and Paint
    In Business since 1984

for sale

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no tunnel here, v hull no pad

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what do you think a bare hull with canopy will be?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks cool, with all the bigger boat companies building canopy boats, I was wondering how long until someone built a SOB. Good luck and go for it!! can't wait to see one
    SOB RACING!!! Because Golf, Basketball, Football and Baseball takes only one BALL!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys, my price goal is about 20to 25 grand for rigged hull , no motor. it with power should be in the 40s. but all that can change. I get good pricing on supplies but labor and all other cost are not fixed. it could also be sold in a stripped race version to, my hull with motor, rigged, fuel 1800lbs.

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Personally I only see a small market for a cockpit boat of that size in the pleasure arena. They are not user friendly for everyday boating. I don't think motor loyalty plays in weather it will run well or not. JMO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimtheboatguy View Post
    thanks guys, my price goal is about 20to 25 grand for rigged hull , no motor. it with power should be in the 40s. but all that can change. I get good pricing on supplies but labor and all other cost are not fixed. it could also be sold in a stripped race version to, my hull with motor, rigged, fuel 1800lbs.
    I think that's right in line with the other companies. What materials do u plan on using?
    SOB RACING!!! Because Golf, Basketball, Football and Baseball takes only one BALL!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the concept of an affordable, modern looking 25' sob that will run 80+ with any of the modern 300s is great! However, having spent quite a bit of time in different full-canopy boats, do not go that route. Not only are they very difficult around the docks, but the enclosed cockpit takes away almost all sense of speed. In a boat that is already barely considered fast by todays standards, an enclosed cockpit will make your proposed boat feel like it's hardly moving - even at WOT.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    Personally I only see a small market for a cockpit boat of that size in the pleasure arena. They are not user friendly for everyday boating. I don't think motor loyalty plays in weather it will run well or not. JMO
    Agreed, I just bought a canopy cat and opening it up for more versatility, I think the market is more open for a pleasure boat. I see a lot of guys getting giddy over bow rider conversions, I'm looking at doing one on a 28 deep v that I own. People are hitting sand bars and playing more than looking to race in a closed boat anymore. Just my $.02 worth...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no wood? infused,cored what resin? 28ft less than 25k do you plan to pull a profit? when will the first one be built? is there a waiting list?

Post some pictures of the bottom......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    I think the concept of an affordable, modern looking 25' sob that will run 80+ with any of the modern 300s is great! However, having spent quite a bit of time in different full-canopy boats, do not go that route. Not only are they very difficult around the docks, but the enclosed cockpit takes away almost all sense of speed. In a boat that is already barely considered fast by todays standards, an enclosed cockpit will make your proposed boat feel like it's hardly moving - even at WOT.
    Spot on statement!!
    Jim, sounds like a fun new project but read above statement/info before you give full commitment to final design!!! IMPO, canopy looks cool but I would not consider it in a boat that size at all..... GL!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast