User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    #2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never been a cat guy but,,, the Princess can't be with out 1 or 3, have to admit, since the cats are around (including the neighboring friendlies) the rodent population is down to zero. cats are their own personality types and every one is different, but they do take care of the varmits.
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah cats are hunting machines, especially the strays that don't have a 24/7 food bowl.. My cat gripe is they'll overpopulated in real hurry.. The area around the last house I lived in went from two cats to 40 in a couple years, whole cat pack would flee the porch everytime I opened the front door, litters of kittens under the house, males spray everything, crap everywhere, etc.. They'll control their own density in a given area like any other animal if they're reliant on natural food source, but inevitably some moron will leave food outside day and night and then it all goes to hell.. Animal control couldn't keep up with them, and due to the close neighbors I couldn't shoot them.. Crazy cat lady next door refused to stop the 5lbs of food a day despite warnings and fines.. Anyway, I still think a spayed or neutered cat or two around a house, shop, or barn is very beneficial.. Just leave fresh water out, do not leave food.. Old school farmer advice that seems pretty straight
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I'd rather have snakes around the shop than cats, the cats will get up into the boat and scratch up the decks and upholstery.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Stryker View Post
    I still think a spayed or neutered cat or two around a house, shop, or barn is very beneficial.. Just leave fresh water out, do not leave food.. Old school farmer advice that seems pretty straight

I love cats. Breaded and fried

PS, great tip.
    Last edited by Instigator; 11-01-2014 at 08:09 AM.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The late great Uzicat. Killed anything that moved. Including snakes.

He was one of a kind. Coolest cat I ever owned The runt of the litter he was in a pen with a litter of rottweilers when we got him from a Venice cop. Ever since then he thought he was a rottweiler.

No BS he'd come when you called him, he'd follow you everywhere you went. If you wadded up a cigarette pack cellophane & threw it he'd fetch it & drop it at your feet. Then sit there til you threw it again. He was a real piece of work. Lived to the ripe old age of 17. I miss that cat more than I miss my wife ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uzirat.jpg  
    '71 Glastron V153 - Composite rebuild - Unceremoniously wrecked
    '81 Baja 15 SS - "nine-paged" '77 140
    '81 Carlson C500 Metric - Currently in foster care
    '70 something Speedcraft - Allison 16R clone - Undergoing restoration
    '79 Carlson CVZ 19 - Far back burner
    WALK TALL AND CARRY A BIG BILGE PUMP

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 71V153 View Post
    he was in a pen with a litter of rottweilers when we got him from a Venice cop. Ever since then he thought he was a rottweiler....
    My sister used to have an ally cat when I was a kid that was a stud. A neighbor had a beagle they'd let piss in our yard and my sisters cat chased it home every time it saw it!

Used to get in fights under my bedroom window all the time. NEVER saw a battle scar on it.
    That cat was a hunting machine. When I used to cut our grass I used to hit bird and squirrel carcasses all the time that was only the head left.
    I remember one time that cat came up to the kitchen window while my mom was doing dishes and it had a squirrel in it's mouth w/its head missing and that freagin cat smeared the neck/stump across the window right in front of my mom.
    Thought for sure she was going to yack.

Oh BTW, turns out we do have a cat that visits regular. My wifes dog put it 20' up a tree yesterday
    Last edited by Instigator; 11-03-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a tabby cat that would sit on the seawall and dive in and catch mullet in his mouth, only problem was he would leave them on my porch like a prize, here I thought somebody was pissed and threw him in the canal cause he would come home soacked...cool cat...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm into pussies also!!! Really I am a cat guy. Had a 20lber that jumped out of my van 96 miles from home. Gave up on him till he showed up at my door step 26 days later - feet were bleedin, ear cut up, and 5 lbs lighter but except for that good to go! The one we have now is also a great pet. Gary
    "12" Super Lite Tunnel (11') "88" 25 Yammy twin carb "BANANA SPLIT"
    "77" Hydrostream Viper "87" 140 Rude heavy modded w/15" mid, Bobs nose and lwp "DANGER ZONE"
    "72" Checkmate MX-13 "80" 75 Rude w/15"mid and Nitro Lu (to be restored)

"Too much is never enough" Keith Richards " Dreams become reality via hard work and perseverance" G.A.Carbonneau

"This coming from an old man that strapped two bananas together, hung a motor on it and calls it a boat" XstreamVking

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On cats? My AZ 8 months year there but here to get out the heat, sun bird neighbors next door. One summer her cat was 100 feet up a Ceder tree front and howling like hell. They called a well known here "tree monkey" (tree service guru, and wearing dark clothing) and its getting dark. Saw them standing out there looking up and had to "investigate the WTF?"
    Well this dude, with only spikes and a strap around the trunk crawled up to get it. Then hear my phone ringing.

Answer it, and its a neighbor across street telling me to make sure the dog is in the house.."theres a black bear in the Ceder tree next door!" (It was the dude!) Always stupid "entertainment" here. But we do have "wild" here, bears, cougars, coons, possums, but the funniest yet was one PISSED OFF Porcupine that some how ended up marina end "A" dock and no WAY, you could get to yer boat! Nothing to do but wait him out and gone next day..probably a seal thought a "meal".....?..."this aint a Salmon! OUCH!" Gotta love nature at its funniest!
    Last edited by Robby321; 11-03-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olboatman View Post
    I'm into pussies also!!! Really I am a cat guy. Had a 20lber that jumped out of my van 96 miles from home. Gave up on him till he showed up at my door step 26 days later - feet were bleedin, ear cut up, and 5 lbs lighter
    Yup we had one disappear for quite awhile. Like three months. Big Siamese named Abe. I was working under a car in the drive when he finally showed up. He was definitely a lil worse for the wear. Lost alotta weight, feet like leather, his normally soft coat felt like steel wool.

He ate for two days, slept for a week. Then he was alright ... I 'member he din't stray too far from home after that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to turn this into a cat forum but ... this old story bears mention.

Years ago my wife called me at work frantic cuz she couldn't find our newly adopted Uzirat. I said Honey I'm at work, I can't come home right now ... don't worry he'll show up when he gets hungry. Lil while later my boss comes up'n says, "Doug you need to go home and find the cat."

And lo'n behold there he was. Nestled like a bug in a rug in one'a my old hemlets. Much to my wife's chagrin soon's I called his name he mewed'n stuck his head out.

That always drove her nuts. She'd say, "You yell at him, you hit him, and still he like's you better'n me!?" I answered that's cuz he respects me! Mebbe I oughta start treatin you the same way!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cantfindcat.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 71V153 View Post
    Not to turn this into a cat forum but ... this old story bears mention.

Years ago my wife called me at work frantic cuz she couldn't find our newly adopted Uzirat. I said Honey I'm at work, I can't come home right now ... don't worry he'll show up when he gets hungry. Lil while later my boss comes up'n says, "Doug you need to go home and find the cat."

And lo'n behold there he was. Nestled like a bug in a rug in one'a my old hemlets. Much to my wife's chagrin soon's I called his name he mewed'n stuck his head out.

That always drove her nuts. She'd say, "You yell at him, you hit him, and still he like's you better'n me!?" I answered that's cuz he respects me! Mebbe I oughta start treatin you the same way!?
    Doug? Ya nailed it....no more comment me here...(but for those that need learning as life damn sure aint easy............(and this bs toilet seat up or down?)..be glad ya don't have to go out the outhouse with a old Sears Catalog for a "butt wipe"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    Doug? Ya nailed it....no more comment me here...(but for those that need learning as life damn sure aint easy............(and this bs toilet seat up or down?)..be glad ya don't have to go out the outhouse with a old Sears Catalog for a "butt wipe"
    What
    What ya mean Rob----- I like my outhouse at my Maine camp! Sit with the door open and watch th deer, moose and grouse on my woodlot. Gary
    "12" Super Lite Tunnel (11') "88" 25 Yammy twin carb "BANANA SPLIT"
    "77" Hydrostream Viper "87" 140 Rude heavy modded w/15" mid, Bobs nose and lwp "DANGER ZONE"
    "72" Checkmate MX-13 "80" 75 Rude w/15"mid and Nitro Lu (to be restored)

"Too much is never enough" Keith Richards " Dreams become reality via hard work and perseverance" G.A.Carbonneau

"This coming from an old man that strapped two bananas together, hung a motor on it and calls it a boat" XstreamVking

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bunch of guys just returned from a camping trip to the glades by boat. A 6' rattler was sitting there waiting on them in the camp. Before somebody could shoot it, the snake eased into the woods. So, now we know that we have a deadly snake living in the camp. Any ideas on how to get a mongoose into the glades? No cat I have ever seen could get the better of a snake that size. We are going 40 miles from the ramp to camp site. Since my indian name is Chief Big Chicken, I am more than slightly concerned.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast