Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonpijanowski View Post
    We all know what king is on the street for Fast and it sure isn't Harley. But hey great pictures my brother is a october fest still says it was great..
    OK we get the drift that ya don't like HD's. OK me as heard the argument damn near 6 DECADES now, but?

Attachment 308325

And sorry if I "rattled my pipes" at ya, "another slow loud Harley coming by" the many times I rode through Utica too, back Midwest. And by the way, I crashed my 79 FXS leaving Sante Fe Wednesday nite Flat track races. Damn "Lectron" carb hung open a burn out, and I bailed as way "out my control now" and laid it down. Illinois HD..(friends then and still to the day, as went to school Bob Maxent, owner later) got it to fix. But in the shop, needed new sheet metal tanks, front fender. And drag bars were more like "horse shoes too!"

So the head wrench there said INS will pay new metal. BUT, said "ya want the new "Series Two" paint job we have? Series One was HD custom paint and for Sportys..only made 1000 each. So I said go for it as same done for big twins. BUT? There was a decal left side the tank that said...and I almost pissed my pants! " Limited Edition Series II of 1000" Guess what my number was? 613! My damn birthday! The old girl is right behind me in the shop now born 35 years ago. And still a teenager like me!

Anyway, the ONLY OTHER HD paint job same seen all these years? IN UTICA!. Anyway..didn't your mother teach you the "Golden Rule"? "If ya don't have anything to say nice, don't say anything"....so?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATT00013.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	308326
    Last edited by Robby321; 10-21-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never said I didn't like Harleys i like them all but i just don't know why they cut the pipes off a 70hp bike as if there fast...But like i said i like all bikes all my friends own Harleys and i own a 1800 Goldwing and tease them all the time...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OK, back to.."what was"..before. On Sturgis/Daytona. Been both. Many Sturgis, once March Daytona. Yep rode out the frozen midwest too..no trailer BS. No thanks, just a party unless ya like the races. Funny too as a good friend mine went there, and me at home then. Gave me a call.."can ya go and pick me up, bike froze solid, 100 miles from home?" He hit freezing rain, and simple "Froze", throttle, clutch, brakes! Good old "Sporty Eddy"..on the way dude. But on Sturgis? The Black hills, "Needles Highway", the "Monument", Crazy Horse in rock, Sturgis itself? FREAKING HEAVEN August with the best damn people ever met. First was 1986. Then a small great crowd, camped "City park" Then next was 1990, the 50th. HOLY MAMA! 50'000 bikers? And did the next 4 years there, Bike Week..(which is more like 3 weeks now, and a friend mines dad lives across from the Golf course, Sturgis to Deadwood, and HATES BIKERS..(but like the state income!)

But its got..(like Daytona).."corporate", for the dough. But on the Sturgis 1990. Friend mine wanted to go with his old "Ironhead Sporty. Never would do the 1000 miles without something going south..(Mag, gen for lights, idle? what light?"

So we did my van and a trailer the bikes, and his wife and two boys followed us. But then was in Sturgis? Ya get SHUNNED trailing in a bike. RIDE THE ROAD. But I digress..

I used to camp out Glencoe end the camp ground, at the finish line the 1/8th mile drag strip, and $60 for the week, free firewood, and food and showers..(and as private ya got naked, on the bike, and hit the showers...(gotta love the round of applause the naked girls!). And the Buffalo Chip was simple INSANE wackos there, free camping. BUT?

But look at 20 years later, Sturgis/Daytona. Last time me Sturgis was (1994) when Glencoe went to reservations only, next year. And $60 a DAY?

Now its million dollar motor homes, towing massive inclosed trailers, with "bling bikes"?

I did a month long..(gotta love retired, 20 years now, and still aint 65?) van ride with the doggy 2006 back to Illinois for a "all year 60's HS Grads "Last blast picnic" Went through Sturgis the way there and back. Simple went to hell from "what we started" Its still cool, but "respect the Elders"...who started all this crazy crap ya got put up with now! Sorry, as had we known the outcome? Hmmmm...(aint ya glad we did?...carry on kids..its all good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonpijanowski View Post
    Never said I didn't like Harleys i like them all but i just don't know why they cut the pipes off a 70hp bike as if there fast...But like i said i like all bikes all my friends own Harleys and i own a 1800 Goldwing and tease them all the time...
    OK, its simple me HD pipes. As a air cooled motor, AND much mechanical noise as push rod motors, valve train, and zero "water jackets" to control the noise, plus the over head cams and valves yap bikes to meet the EPA standards noise. Stock restricted muffs, as so leaned out to meet emissions its stupid. Before was when S+S carbs ruled (still do, and I KNOW George Smith, Viola Wi..S+S fame)

Then we dug the guts out the pipes, re jet the carb, and BOOM!. A "wake up"! (Fuk ya EPA)

But now its FI and simple remap after pipe work. Also on "short cut off HD pipes for noise" then? Never did zip but noise as those needed SOME pipe exhaust back pressure pulse for stopping the intake charge getting sucked in and lost in overlap exhaust.

Heres another "invention" HD came up with too, long ago. The crankcase breather system that V Twin shoved down stroke. Simple brilliant!

Kid..(ya gotta be), I got no bitch your comments as if I can simple educate ya the way I seen it over the years? Well for you to digest. Means little to me. What I BS is the truth, LIVED, not "opinions" No harm, no foul, no biggie me.

Now, lets go back to TX750 K'R. When (should say us, as my time too) first tried the new chit"? Well, its in the vid. But Class C flat tracking RULED when the old ironhead 750 "Twingles"..were figured out for "hooking up dirt" Do ya know what a "HD "Twingle" is without searching it ?
    Last edited by Robby321; 10-21-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the twingle when King Kenny came by hard and fast then Harley out lawed it...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't Know Much About Bikes, Bike Week, Nor King Whoever But I Sure Like The "Handel-Bars" On The One In The 2nd Picture...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Mike View Post
    Don't Know Much About Bikes, Bike Week, Nor King Whoever But I Sure Like The "Handel-Bars" On The One In The 2nd Picture...
    Simple "flat track bars, as "ya steer left, to go right" Ya need to lay it sideways, and use rear traction to move the bike, layed over. Front tire kinda useless in turns as leaned over? Rear does the "steering"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    Simple "flat track bars, as "ya steer left, to go right" Ya need to lay it sideways, and use rear traction to move the bike, layed over. Front tire kinda useless in turns as leaned over? Rear does the "steering"

I've Heard "Them" Called Lots Of Things But...FLAT Has NOTHING To Do With Those!! Better Look At Picture #2 Again...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Mike View Post
    I've Heard "Them" Called Lots Of Things But...FLAT Has NOTHING To Do With Those!! Better Look At Picture #2 Again...
    What post number?..ya losing me here. I'm talking racing, not the bling bikes.

(OK, looked #2! Those aint "flat bars", bar maybe, but thems .."hang on handles!". WOOF!
    Last edited by Robby321; 10-24-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3