User Tag List

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Will do
    2004 Checkmate Pulsare Bowrider
    2008 Mercury 300XS
    91.7 - MPH

88' Hydrostream Viper
    86' Carbed Bridgeport
    102 - MPH

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    Allys run 10-15inches with a 2.5 depending on what the purpose and load including the drivers weight. Yes the {fulcrum} balance point is right behind the front seats basically on a GS. Moving the motor in works for this. But the real problem isnt so much that as it is that the weight is also higher up in the air. Thats the biggest issue. Higher center of gravity making them top heavy in the event of a hook. A hook is just a hook as it happens by mistake or a mechanical failure. Running to close to the edge,trim angle,bad wave,prop hight, and a bunch of other reasons. They are designed to not roll over with an engine 440lbs or less in the even of a hook thew testing and design calculations . They are very weight sensitive more so than 99% of fast vee bottoms. The faster the boat ,tunnel or Vee the more sensitive the boat is to design parameters usually. This also mean less room for error. Allisons are the fastest Vee bottoms in the world with the least amount of power and demand respect because of this. They are a finely tuned hull. Going out side of the design capabilities is unfortunately something that is an experiment and not recommended for obvious reasons. The newer hulls have addressed the need for a boat because of the new engines that can perform safely with 505lbs sticking up in the air. The original designed boats were made around the 2.5. a 97 promax weighs 365 lbs. Thats 140lb difference hanging off the back. They are designed to handle a 80lb offset variance from the original 2.5 up to 440 lbs of the slightly newer 2.5s like the opti without risk of barrel rolling. So its like putting a 300 Verado on an STV kinda for comparison. If ya want to do this and not flip over your going to have to do some setup and be very careful while your experimenting with it.
    So to make this easy because Some have the attention span of a red squirrel on crack is to heavily modify a 3.0 and put the fat b!tch on a diet with 3.0 to 2.5 15 inch mid, some light weight bling bling ,with 2.5 ally cut sporty and if it takes a hard right it's driver error my boat has never had a ill habit till the mid got hacked and broke at about 90. Took very hard right turn trying to spit me out of the boat, it's just a chance we all take running high performance boats . Better parts or better set up will less the chance of it ever doing it again unless it is driver error . If it is truly driver error they we will have future reads or see a ally for sale soon
    1990 hydrostream virage diamondpower280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    glenn is going to make a come back, if allison gets the capsule on his drag in time he will be at jasper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by albypine View Post
    So to make this easy because Some have the attention span of a red squirrel on crack is to heavily modify a 3.0 and put the fat b!tch on a diet with 3.0 to 2.5 15 inch mid, some light weight bling bling ,with 2.5 ally cut sporty and if it takes a hard right it's driver error my boat has never had a ill habit till the mid got hacked and broke at about 90. Took very hard right turn trying to spit me out of the boat, it's just a chance we all take running high performance boats . Better parts or better set up will less the chance of it ever doing it again unless it is driver error . If it is truly driver error they we will have future reads or see a ally for sale soon
    haha you got that right except putten a 3.0lt on a diet. Thats been proven cant happen. Hard right driver error or mechanical. No other way. Well theres environmental but I would boil that down to driver error.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 200valeroyt View Post
    "Allisons are the fastest Vee bottoms in the world"... I have a lil Viper that may challenge that statement, ran 85 with a 2.0 - Stock 150....Ha... For another 9page thread some day. Had to break up all the Seriousness
    yaya meant 20 ft vee. But like you said thats a 9 pager easy. There has been years of discussion around this topic and many hooks and a few barrel rolls now. 2.5,s as Catfish said can do it to. Just harder to do it with a 2.5. I wonder if there has been more hooks in a vee hull or blow overs in a tunnel? Now theres a topic with 20 pages!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you posted it up. My friend has the same boat as yours and is still setting it up. Personally when I have been in the boat it feels like it wants to kill me. He strings it out and says he's comfortable in it now but I'm going to print this off and give it to him (not an internet guy) so he maybe can have a little more respect for what can/will happen with too much prop height etc. The 2.5's are going the way of the dinosaur so perhaps Allison should work on a new design or do some testing and see what mods (if any) can be done to the hull to make it run a little safer with a heavier motor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by albypine View Post
    Yea, for the 10th or so time I said I didn't let it slow down enough The only reason this has gotten so much attention is that it's something different with having a 3.0 on the back, I was injured somewhat and that I don't agree with every single thing that's been posted, although, I do with most of it. Most everyone that's owned one has hooked them at least once that's actually tried to run a decent speed. And you are correct with saying there may be one for sale soon. Who knows? Love the boat, but can't say that i'm thrilled with how violently they'll hook and i'd probably do it again at some point.
    2008 Mercury 300XS
    91.7 - MPH

88' Hydrostream Viper
    86' Carbed Bridgeport
    102 - MPH

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, for the 10th or so time I said I didn't let it slow down enough The only reason this has gotten so much attention is that it's something different with having a 3.0 on the back, I was injured somewhat and that I don't agree with every single thing that's been posted, although, I do with most of it. Most everyone that's owned one has hooked them at least once that's actually tried to run a decent speed. And you are correct with saying there may be one for sale soon. Who knows? Love the boat, but can't say that i'm thrilled with how violently they'll hook and i'd probably do it again at some point.
    Is 90 with a 200 (raised limiter and SVS) on a 20 xb2003 a decent speed?

I have not hooked but I have been cautious knock on wood and listened to everyones advice and done a lot of research.

The 21 is actually more dangerous in my opinion, I think there is too much lift builit in for mid range speeds. The ass end has kicked right a few times in the 50-60 mph range because I have overtrimeed. It just kickes 2-3 feet and and I bump the trim down and she straightens up. 2003 never did that.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess?
    2008 Mercury 300XS
    91.7 - MPH

88' Hydrostream Viper
    86' Carbed Bridgeport
    102 - MPH

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	suzuki-kizashi-bubble-wrap-suit-600-12426.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	306557
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Demeanor View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	suzuki-kizashi-bubble-wrap-suit-600-12426.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	306557
    That may work
    2008 Mercury 300XS
    91.7 - MPH

88' Hydrostream Viper
    86' Carbed Bridgeport
    102 - MPH

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I try and help where I can.

Ill try and locate some marine grade bubble wrap.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said before... Buy a used Triad. They have been run well into the oneteens... Have just as much seating.... Have better Gelcoat... And most importantly: THEY DO NOT HOOK with big motors... When they blow out its a non event.
    "They hate us 'cause they anus."

]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking at them prior to buying the GS. I've always heard good things about them in the handling department. I thk they may be a tick slower than the GS with same hp? Not sure?
    2008 Mercury 300XS
    91.7 - MPH

88' Hydrostream Viper
    86' Carbed Bridgeport
    102 - MPH

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking at them prior to buying the GS. I've always heard good things about them in the handling department. I thk they may be a tick slower than the GS with same hp? Not sure?
    Maybe 1 or 2 mph.... But they launch flatter. Also... How many GS's are running over 110?
    "They hate us 'cause they anus."

]

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast