Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

95 johnson 175 60 degree looper lync and sync

Does anyone have the correct step by step procedure to do the lync and sync for the carbs and timing advance on this motor with ois2000 ignition thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone? Don't really want to buy a manual for just this. But I though I read somewhere the timing is to advance at the same time the throttle does? Unlike others where it goes full advance then opens throttle does that sound right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The proper method is to use the pistol stop tool and ensure the pointer is in the right place to set the timing. Then use the timing box to set the low speed timing, and high speed, making sure the roller wheel is not in contact with the part it rolls on, until after you get the low speed timing right.

Then losen the screw on top of the port carb and push the linkage over and re-tighten the screw.

I think low speed is 6 degrees ATDC and high speed is 20 BTDC, but I usually set high at 18 on my motor.

It's kind of like asking me the address to wal-mart. I know where it is, but don't know the exact address.

Usually the timing isn't off, unless something breaks, or a screw is stripped out. Since all that up there is plastic, you have to be careful not to over tighten it. What I have seen is there is a wheel/roller that advances the timing when the throttle is opened, and it should be touching at idle. You'll see what I am talking about if you take the timing cover off, and have someone advance the throttle. The wheel needs to just touch the ramp to advance the timing properly as the throttle opens. The timing for high and low speed where you set it is "generally" in the same spot, perhaps a tooth one way or the other. So if you eyeball all that, and it looks like I described, then adjust the carb linkage.