Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apba kilo record

Well i cannot get a responce from apba they just will not let me know,all i get is boy thats a good question i dont know WTF is the problem with the question: can i try to beat a kilo record with a boat and motor that the class does not exist anymore? hence formula vee mod

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to me that if any record is currently considered valid then it can be challenged. The problem would be the inspector. It could be that whoever that person may be they may or may not know the particulars on the rules for the class in question. I would contact the sponsoring kilo event club and ask them.
    If you don`t mind my asking what class record do you wish to challenge?

DB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive wondered this as well. My particular interest would be SJ. Its a dead class, but wonder if you had the proper motor/boat could you go after the kilo?

Conrad
    L6fan57-88

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you have to get a hold of them and the powers to be during a kilo event and that could be in any region #
    here last i knew of for region # 5 and it changes is ( Howie ____? )
    and the first thing is to register and join APBA and obtain your drivers license from and for your region and class
    hope this helps ya
    good luck
    Last edited by afr; 08-24-2014 at 09:40 PM.

https://www.facebook.com/scott.steffe

Replacement Fiberglass Windshields For just about every hydrostream
    Fiberglass Seat Shells 18 wide high backs, 18 wide barrel backs and 23 wide big boy barrel backs

call 941-575-8914 with any questions

7 to 3pm 5 days a week
    Custom Fiberglass and Paint
    In Business since 1984

for sale

Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    To run at a kilo or circle course, the class has to have a current class number in APBA's computer system. Depends on whether the class is dead by lack of participation or eliminated from the rulebooks. Old classes that have been eliminated either never had a computer class number or have had the number eliminated from the system. A non-current class can't even be put on a race sanction - because the class number does not exist.

If a class is eliminated, you would have to run a "special event" kilo that would not go in under the old class and up that class record. You would have a new record in your "special event".

I am not surprised that the people who answer the phone at the office do not know this; its their job to answer the phone, enter data into the computers and wrangle the mail ... they aren't the rule people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kilo run

Quote Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
    To run at a kilo or circle course, the class has to have a current class number in APBA's computer system. Depends on whether the class is dead by lack of participation or eliminated from the rulebooks. Old classes that have been eliminated either never had a computer class number or have had the number eliminated from the system. A non-current class can't even be put on a race sanction - because the class number does not exist.

If a class is eliminated, you would have to run a "special event" kilo that would not go in under the old class and up that class record. You would have a new record in your "special event".

I am not surprised that the people who answer the phone at the office do not know this; its their job to answer the phone, enter data into the computers and wrangle the mail ... they aren't the rule people.
    formula vee mod, class has been gone for about 6-7 yrs,still have a boat set up to run but looks like it wont happen.Thanks guys for the replys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good information and correct. Did a record before a class was ending knowing the record would stand after the class ended. Didn't work out so well as it's just lost in the archives of APBA. Really not even accessible to view.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess its like trying to beat the 100 yard dash record in the Olympics. Even tho Usain Bolt could most likely crush the old 100 yard record the record books are closed for that event.

Makes sense and kinda sucks at the same time.

C
    L6fan57-88

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading all these post`s i`m suppose APBA should purge all old records from existance if they are not challengable. Sounds kinda like dirty politics are involved in trying to protect somebody`s record.

If it`s officially listed as a record it should be challengable.

DB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull View Post
    After reading all these post`s i`m suppose APBA should purge all old records from existance if they are not challengable. Sounds kinda like dirty politics are involved in trying to protect somebody`s record.

DB
    it is as far as i know but you have to do it under special event kilos

Fiberglass Seat Shells 18 wide high backs, 18 wide barrel backs and 23 wide big boy barrel backs

7 to 3pm 5 days a week
    In Business since 1984

for sale

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PBA should purge all old records from existance if they are not challengable.
    I wish they had an online list of all the records. I am pretty surprised they do not. Seems kinda like a waste of everyones time if you cannot find out a record from any class that has existed from any time period.

Im guessing the kilo's were being run when that class was viable with technology from that time period. I think with advances in technology (PROPS) many of the old records could fall if anyone wanted to go out and go after them.

Conrad
    L6fan57-88

Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull View Post

DB
    Pretty much has been done as you suggest. The old defunct records are gone, not officially listed, purged, so you should be satisfied

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much has been done as you suggest. The old defunct records are gone, not officially listed, purged, so you should be satisfied
    i have seen them posted ? i know u have had to a seen them 2
    but thats not what i was told all be it 8 9 years ago even a historical special event is out
    ill be damn not that i am looking anymore anyhow
    but that sucks

7 to 3pm 5 days a week
    In Business since 1984

for sale

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually i`m not. It would be better if the defunct class record still existed and was challengeable. I do however understand that once a class is gone there can be no record for such class. Can you imagine if all of the classes that have "gone by the wayside" still had their kilo records, mile records or marathon records listed how big the book would have to be? I for one wouldn`t want to be charged with the task of keeping up with them.

DB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the old records are in the archives at APBA. Just have to talk to the right person. Recently I was able to get copies of the old record I was involved with. Would be nice if you could look them up on line though.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast