Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

19' Seebold Eagle 1987

I'll be putting this up for sale in the Fall. Until then I'll be using it. Getting the word out there now in case anyone wants to test drive it before it goes into storage.

The boat is in decent shape overall. Deck has been painted, and the best I can tell, the hull is the original gelcoat. The paint job is good, but the transition from painted deck to non-painted hull is a bit klutzy. Hull is solid, the transom seems good, although there are cracks in the corners of the splashwell like you'd see on any HydroStream. Just to be safe, when I added setback I also added my own TSS (transom support system) just to ensure no future problems. At the same time, I took the opportunity to pinch off the tunnels to put some compression in it because it has none, as in zero, as molded.

Has new interior with 2 sets of buckets for the front. The original buckets are enormously heavy and way too narrow for my ass, so I added some coordinated Allison race buckets instead.

I removed the interior side panels to shed some weight, but I do still have them.

When I bought the boat, it had at 192lbs. of unnecessary extra weight (no BS, I actually weighed it). When I removed that, the performance increased. Then I added more setback and the performance came up again. Finally, I added the tunnel pinch-off and then it really came alive. The boat carries with neutral trim now where the original setup couldn't get out of it's own way. Has a 6" setback plate with a Land and Sea jack bolted to it.

The motor is a good running Laser 2.4 EFI with a poorly done nosecone. Otherwise bone stock. Best GPS speed so far is 83 mph with a 26 chopper. While the motor runs strong, this boat is screaming for more horsepower. Still runs oil injection.

In-Control shifter and foot throttle. Also have the In-Control foot trim, but I hated it so I took it out. Now it just has coil'y cord steering wheel trim.

Very comfortable seating position, and it is roomy.

Goes through rough water like a freight train, but again, she could use another 100hp.

Sits on a tandem axle trailer that's in decent shape, with brand new galvanized 13" rims/tires ($500 worth), bearing buddies, and has fully functioning lights all around. I wouldn't hesitate pulling this cross country tomorrow.

I like it because it'll go reasonably quick, but even better, it planes at only 12mph. Mama likes to do the slow cruising, so that makes for a boat she likes too!

Think HST, except with pickles, some interior space, and that you sit in instead of on and you've about got it.

With comparable power, this will not EVER run with and STV or Mirage speed-wise, so if that's what you're after this isn't the boat you want. This is NOT a candidate for competitive drag racing. What this does well is rough water at speed. The ride is really quite amazing for a 19 footer. It's about perfect for our local rivers where cruiser wakes are common.

I haven't weighed it, and I don't plan to, but it's a ski layup for sure. It's not that it's a pig because if it was it wouldn't perform the way it does, but you can walk on the deck anywhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 046.jpg   028.jpg   027.jpg  
    "Under Promise -- Over Deliver"
    • 1991 HydroStream Voyager XT (Waterski Magazine 1991) 200 SHO
    • BB2003 (aka Ali-Shot) 3.0L OMC
    • 2003 Mirage Ski Racer -- 300 ProMax
    • G3 X22 RC Pontoon F115 Yamaha
    • Ercoa 16' Pontoon w/Mercury 25EFI 4-stroke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried flipping the axles to get a little extra clearance, but it was too much. Try not to be distracted by the 4x4 appearance of the trailer. it's back down to normal height.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 025.jpg   012.jpg  
    "Under Promise -- Over Deliver"
    • 1991 HydroStream Voyager XT (Waterski Magazine 1991) 200 SHO
    • BB2003 (aka Ali-Shot) 3.0L OMC
    • 2003 Mirage Ski Racer -- 300 ProMax
    • G3 X22 RC Pontoon F115 Yamaha
    • Ercoa 16' Pontoon w/Mercury 25EFI 4-stroke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned