Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTB Mercury 2:1 / 20" LH Lower unit (CLE or STD)

If you have one hit me up.

Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a standard unit with or without a low water pick up kit. 850-527-7817
    www.eagleoneperformance.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would prefer a CLE. I do have a left hand CLE case, anyone know if standard unit gears and guts fit? The dilemma is I hurt the unit, tore it down and between moving from and too and new shop the parts box with the gears, prop shaft, vertical shaft.. etc was lost. I don't think anyone took them, but there is a possibility the kid cleaning the shop scraped them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the internals out of an ALPHA style (non-preload) case can be installed in a CLE case

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle One View Post
    the internals out of an ALPHA style (non-preload) case can be installed in a CLE case
    So I can start looking for a Alpha unit also? Left Hand I'm assuming.. whats a "non-preload"? I'll start looking online now.. thanks... unless you have one of those in the shop?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre-load units have a spring pin protruding out the top of the drive shaft about 3/4 inch.I have an ALPHA style left hand unit complete for $800.00.You'll need all the parts out of an alpha style NON preload left hand unit. You'll spend 3 times that much buying pieces. Now if you want a solution to your problem there it is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the vertical shaft a 20" off those units? Forgive the questions, lower units are one thing I have not tried working on yet. Does the gear ratio end up a 2:1 or 1:86?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the question is if I order that Alpha would I have all the piece to make my CLE Left Hand Case (case only), a working LH 20" CLE with a 2:1 gear ratio?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bare cases are the same on a RH or LH unit as I remember. The differences are the prop shaft and bearing carrier, reverse gear bearing and a few other small pieces. The LH unit doesn't turn backwards you're just running it in reverse instead of forward. You'd need a RH prop shaft and a RH bearing carrier. I also have new parts to make that conversion as well. What you are going to run into that will be a problem is which bearings fit your old case. Some of the forward gear bearings are both a different outside diameter and inside diameter and the case and gears have to be machined for that particular bearing. If you don't have any training or knowledge and none of the special tools (I have $4400.00 worth and we even service SSM units as well) I highly recommend you have someone who does assemble it for you. You need shimming tools, spanner wrenches. Bearing installation tools and more to do it correctly. You can't just swap out the pieces and have it assembled properly. You'll end up with a bunch of worn out gears and bearings if you do. We charge around $300.00 $350.00 to assemble a case plus parts.
    Last edited by Eagle One; 08-21-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle One View Post
    The bare cases are the same on a RH or LH unit as I remember. The differences are the prop shaft and bearing carrier, reverse gear bearing and a few other small pieces. The LH unit doesn't turn backwards you're just running it in reverse instead of forward. You'd need a RH prop shaft and a RH bearing carrier. I also have new parts to make that conversion as well. What you are going to run into that will be a problem is which bearings fit your old case. Some of the forward gear bearings are both a different outside diameter and inside diameter and the case and gears have to be machined for that particular bearing. If you don't have any training or knowledge and none of the special tools (I have $4400.00 worth and we even service SSM units as well) I highly recommend you have someone who does assemble it for you. You need shimming tools, spanner wrenches. Bearing installation tools and more to do it correctly. You can't just swap out the pieces and have it assembled properly. You'll end up with a bunch of worn out gears and bearings if you do. We charge around $300.00 $350.00 to assemble a case plus parts.
    was that a yes or a no? if I sent you a LH CLE case and bought your LH alpha what "other" parts would be needed to do the swap and how much would it cost in labor (appox cost)?