Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question Repowered Block serial nomber ........... what is this block ??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	repower S-N.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	302287

One reason for the blown engine could be lying in this mystery.

The picture attached to this post shows the tag from Mercury, it is a repowered engine that gave up.

Now If I read correctly, 80 would be the 80th block done this year (2001), 97-94 would be the years covered by this block and R for ''repower '' and 97 would be the new standard for this block Right ??

Could anyone turn his light toward this interrogation , I would like to find out If I did the bleed routing correct ans according to the right block.

I also checked that the main ject were 78 but NO, there was a bulletin in 2000 or something that stated to change the main jets from 078'' to 074''.

Now If I use 300 heads, should I go back to the old figures (jet size ) like 78 instead of 74 ?

Glastron GT 150 W OMC 140
    Glastron GT150 w OMC 235
    Hydrostream Vision with 2.0l 135
    Hydrostream HST w 3.0L 225

I know two things that are infinite, the Universe and Human's Stupidity, although I am not sure about the first one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't think ive ever heard that reasoning is there a chart some where on this logic? i have a 2001 blown 2.5 ,200 cdm motor that was a merc reman in 2006 it had that date on it but it was just a oring block by merc which i have not seen many that were really all that great this one had mixed pistons and rods in it and it popped with a lot of life in the rings left!! this thing set up for 6 years after owner had it put on while it was pretty new he got sick and died they sold it to new owner (it was a one owner boat he ran it for 2 years and boom)i wish i could help on carb motors but i have had ZERO luck with rebuilding them , for me they pop very quickly i think the jetting is critical though