Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiStvEuro View Post
    Are you kidding me I never knew about that or anything. I don't know you or do you know me but I don't bull**** people , I was up front with him from day one , I'm not admitting to anything as I didn't know and if he saw something when he bought the boat I would of never sold it to him as I wouldn't even advertised it on scream and fly, I have bought and sold many things on here and never scammed anyone. So before you start making false statements maybe you should think. I wouldn't want this done to me so I wouldn't do it to anyone . The last time I used this boat was at river ranch and I blew the motor and decided to sell it to soon I hope build a bigger boat. I didn't sell it because it was falling apart.
    if you wouldn't have sold it like that then give the guy some money back I feel my friends pain he's out 12 k because you sold him a boat with stress cracks on the bottom that's bull sh**t and I was there when my friend got the boat from you it's in the same condition it is as when he got it from you hasn't even moved since he brought it down from you're house.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drove from Richmond to Miami to buy a boat that was mint from pictures that I did not know were old. The cracks and repairs I saw under that boat were deal breakers for me, I do not buy worn out junk and a reduction in price would not have mattered. The deposit is owed in full, he is lucky I am not asking for gas money and hotel stays. Deposits are not non-refundable, they are to hold an item for purchase. The item was misrepresented and whether or not you feel sorry for your friend for getting burned does not change the fact that I am owed my deposit.
    Speed is expensive, how fast do you want to go?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to mention when I showed Joel the problems he apologized and agreed to refund my deposit that afternoon when he got home. Since then his phone has been off. If he refunds my deposit I will update this post to that effect but at this point he is a crook.

Lightning21 also has been telling people that I was a no show and that is why he held the money. This is a total lie so that he can pawn off a torn up boat to an unsuspecting stranger. Be a man, refund the money and lets move on.

RayGarcia
    The cracks under the boat are bad enough to let water penetrate the hull and weaken the integrity of the boat. They were from hitting something, not from the boat flexing. If they were normal stress cracks then why did you post "if you wouldn't have sold it like that then give the guy some money back I feel my friends pain he's out 12 k because you sold him a boat with stress cracks on the bottom that's bull sh**t"

I was also told the trailer would make the trip home and the tires were dry rotted as bad as I have ever seen, the speedo was shown in the photos and not on the boat, the rear hatch was falling off and even missing a hinge and the boat was overall tired. It was in no way "mint."

Normal stress cracks are found on the top deck, these were not acceptable. You think I drove all the way to Miami with the intention of backing out? I had an engine lined up to purchase when I got home for it and had to back out of that buy, these shady deals are a domino effect for several transactions and screw everyone along the way.
    Last edited by kylemclaughlin; 07-24-2014 at 05:33 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raygarcia View Post
    And to the people who are bashing the boat saying it's damaged I disagree the boat has a stress crack on the bottom which is minor but it's nothing serious to refuse a buy people buy boats all the time on here with blemishes and tones of stress cracks even de laminations and to the guy who denied the purchase stop crying over 500 dollars a deposit is hold on something not all deposits are refund all you could of made an offer on the spot to wear that minor crack could of got fixed and you could of got your money's worth but you didn't.
    So, you and this "Joel" character feel it's ok to keep a man's deposit even though the boat isn't as it was described? This has nothing to do with the condition of the boat when "Joel" bought it "Joel" should have done a better job of inspecting the boat when he bought it. That's on him, not a potential buyer. This has everything to do with the condition of the boat that "Joel" described in his ad not being what he said it was. "Joel" has put forth basically zero effort other than placing an obviously incorrect ad on S&F, but feels he should profit $500 on the deal, while the potential buyer is out his deposit, gas, hotel, and food money? I'm just not sure how any sane individual can come to the conclusion that it's right to keep the man's deposit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2oskiier30 View Post
    So, you and this "Joel" character feel it's ok to keep a man's deposit even though the boat isn't as it was described? This has nothing to do with the condition of the boat when "Joel" bought it "Joel" should have done a better job of inspecting the boat when he bought it. That's on him, not a potential buyer. This has everything to do with the condition of the boat that "Joel" described in his ad not being what he said it was. "Joel" has put forth basically zero effort other than placing an obviously incorrect ad on S&F, but feels he should profit $500 on the deal, while the potential buyer is out his deposit, gas, hotel, and food money? I'm just not sure how any sane individual can come to the conclusion that it's right to keep the man's deposit.
    AMEN! Well said
    Flint River Mafia

1983 Laser LTV #007 RIP Lloyd Burns
    1994 Mirage RR "The Purple Drip" SOLD
    2002 Laser LTV "SOLD"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemclaughlin View Post
    BTW he acted like he had never seen the cracks under the sponsons and agreed to give me my refund and now will not
    Have his house burned down , that ought to straighten out the lying problem for the future . Feel the pain .
    Last edited by Tom Foley; 07-24-2014 at 05:47 PM.
    " The Fleet of Old Boats "

'73 -14' Orlando Clipper Skiff -Yamaha 25
    93- 18 ' Renegade Nomad Flats boat -Merc 150
    '94 - 21 ' Allison XB - 2003 -Merc 260
    '97 - 19 ' STV Euro - Merc - 260
    '99 Benninton 2375 TOONER - V-6- 2 liter 150 Mariner
    2001 Grady White 263 - Twin Yamaha 250 OX 66

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now he is trying to sell it on Craigslist...http://keys.craigslist.org/boa/4584055899.html

I decided to make my own post down there http://keys.craigslist.org/boa/4584925141.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sucks! If the guys that is selling the boat is that hard up for $500.00 maybe he needs to stand on a corner and collect change from tourist! Give the man his deposit back!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foley View Post
    Have his house burned down , that ought to straighten out the lying problem for the future . Feel the pain .
    You tha man Tom! No BS and take no prisoner!
    Flint River Mafia

1983 Laser LTV #007 RIP Lloyd Burns
    1994 Mirage RR "The Purple Drip" SOLD
    2002 Laser LTV "SOLD"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you found another one Kyle.

Good luck getting your deposit back, I had an RV dealership near Gastonia, NC do the same thing to me several years ago. The motor home they had advertised as mint had delamination on the outer skin along with many other flaws, no one was there that could write me a check at the time so they would mail it to me. I call them a week later and they informed me that since I asked them to change the oil, oil filter and fuel filters and didn't buy it, they were keeping my deposit. It wasn't worth the 5-hr. drive each way to get it back and they knew it. Total crooks, they're everywhere.
    Lee Sanderson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    * removed by bigkiddd
    Last edited by BigKiddd; 07-25-2014 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MiamiSTVEuro is the previous owner of the red euro that Lightning21 is now trying to sell that this thread is about. I do not know anything about him or the condition of the boat before lightning21 "aka Joel" bought it. He called me when this thread was started and said that he had just bought another Euro in Maine, it may be this one http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ummerford-euro

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Props4u2 I am very lucky that I found another one that was in such great shape before leaving Florida. Sorry to hear about what happened to you, normally I do not send deposits if I am planning on making a trip that quick and unfortunately I will have to go back to a more guarded way of conducting business. Its not over yet but they are out there..

Bigkiddd MiamiSTVEuro is the previous owner of the red euro that Lightning21 is now trying to sell that this thread is about. I do not know anything about him or the condition of the boat before lightning21 "aka Joel" bought it. He called me when this thread was started and said that he had just bought another Euro in Maine, it may be this one http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ummerford-euro

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Am I understanding this correctly ?

Ray Garcia Knew the boat his friend Joel had bought , and is now trying to sell , was and still is CRACKED on the bottom , yet Joel , was not aware of this problem ?

Either Way , Stress cracks are not a execptable anywhere on the bottom , of a High Performance Boat !

Hmmm , Selling a Euro , to buy another Euro . This whole deal stinks !!!

Rich Martin 018
    Last edited by RNM018; 07-25-2014 at 12:20 PM.
    HAVE BATTERIES , WILL TRAVEL !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone let's make something clear , I owned this boat for over two years and wasn't aware or ever seen and cracks on the bottom of this boat and I didn't sell it because it was a broken boat I sold it because I was tired of the 280 money pit and I wanted a new 300xs which they don't make 15 inch as jack barsh cut the 20 to 15 for that 280. And more then that boating in Miami in the keys I wanted a bigger boat w a new motor and warranty . I didn't make this kid buy my boat and I am not him. So everyone me out of this thread . Anyone that seen me at the runs knows I keep my stuff nice but seems people have nothing better to do then talk . I have bought and sold many things on this site and never screwed anyone.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast