Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our son got some seat time in our Laser LTV last weekend!

Brandon took his USCG safety course and we finally let him drive our Laser LTV. We marked the trim gauge with a NO-GO line so that he couldn't trim it out far enough to let it really fly, but my wife was with him for his first run. I had a LONG talk with him about looking away at the camera during while driving, I was really upset by that. But, with that said he finally got to drive our boat. In the video he went 62 MPH, the next pas he went 70 MPH. Other than the looking away I'm really proud of him for taking the time to learn how to drive it and watching me all these years in anticipation. After we let him drive it we learned that the laws changed on the lake to now he can't drive it again until he's fifteen even though he took the USCG safety course, poor guy has to wait another three years before he can do it again.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/N_bkki9Fe4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Jeff & Suzette Georges

Nitrous for your motor is like cocaine........a little probably won't hurt, the problem is only doing a little!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a shot of the boat with my wife driving it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suzette in Laser.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	301974
    Jeff & Suzette Georges

Nitrous for your motor is like cocaine........a little probably won't hurt, the problem is only doing a little!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is so awesome that he has parents that encourage something other than video games and television like many do today. My father was a hard person to get along with and really didn't participate in much with his kids other than taking us fishing and hunting. But now everytime I go to the water or in the woods I think about all those times, just add I am sure he will remember his first time driving that beautiful boat.

Good job buddy, and nice boat.
    Slimm
    Hire the handicapped, we're fun to watch

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Slimm, My kids will tell you I can be hard to get along with also! I hope they remember these things as long as they live. My daughter has driven the boat a few times and has a great time with it also, while learning how to drive the boat she spun it out once and almost threw me out of the boat. Brandon and I have done a few projects together and I hope we get to do many more. He started with building a Polaris PWC engine with me and the last one he built all by himself, including indexing the crankshaft! They're great kids and we're really proud of them! Ashley and I are looking for a project for her first car that we can work on together.
    Jeff & Suzette Georges

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserLTV View Post
    Thanks Slimm, My kids will tell you I can be hard to get along with also! I hope they remember these things as long as they live. My daughter has driven the boat a few times and has a great time with it also, while learning how to drive the boat she spun it out once and almost threw me out of the boat. Brandon and I have done a few projects together and I hope we get to do many more. He started with building a Polaris PWC engine with me and the last one he built all by himself, including indexing the crankshaft! They're great kids and we're really proud of them! Ashley and I are looking for a project for her first car that we can work on together.
    That's awesome, you can rest assured they will remember these times forever. Things like this give me hope that humanity isn't all lost in video games and UNreality tv.

Slimm
    Hire the handicapped, we're fun to watch

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah my kid is still only two but I'm already tryn to find a old Hydrostream for me to giv to him when the time is right. Want to build him a small hydro to race as well .... My kid won't hav video games I already hav decided that ..,,, go carts dirt bikes and stuff like that .... I know he will get hurt ... I sure did ... But I grew to love being outdoors and on the lake water skiing .... And all that other ... It's the only way to live ... People spend way too much time indoors .... My mom wouldn't let us in the house when we were kids .... Way to go man .... My dad taught me all kinda of fun stuff ... How to slide a car on a dirt road ... How to hit on chicks it's what life is all about !!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool. I bought my grandson a go kart when he was 2 years old (almost 3). Of course he wrecked it within minutes but we showed him how to fix it. By time he was 4 he was powersliding it into mud puddles to get his sister dirty. Good thing he doesn't live close or he would have already have a boat. He is 11 now.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The no go on the trim must have to prevent overheat because that johnyrude cant push that thing fast enoughf to get out of shape just kidding thats great bet he thought he was ten foot tall and bullet proof.yall are in Acworth lets ride somtime pretty big crowd of us in ga just got a new laser in our local fleet
    19 bullet
    82 v king
    84 v king
    93 stv pro comp
    07 venom
    80 gt20
    93 v-21
    89 stv procomp
    97 xr 2001
    89 stv pro comp
    82 17 action marine
    99 action craft flats boat
    88 xr2002
    90 Stv pro comp
    10 mirage 1/4 master
    98 mirage 1/4master

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speedinstream, it would be great to get together some time! When and where do you guys usually get together? That's the exact phrase I used to describe him "ten foot tall and bulletproof". He got such a kick out of it! Other than Suzette, her step-father (he had the boat built for him back in 1988) and I that's the fastest anyone has driven the boat. We waited patiently for the kids to get to the age we can let them drive it. Now he has to wait patiently another three years before he can drive it again legally.
    Jeff & Suzette Georges

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbnfun2 View Post
    Yeah my kid is still only two but I'm already tryn to find a old Hydrostream for me to giv to him when the time is right. Want to build him a small hydro to race as well .... My kid won't hav video games I already hav decided that ..,,, go carts dirt bikes and stuff like that .... I know he will get hurt ... I sure did ... But I grew to love being outdoors and on the lake water skiing .... And all that other ... It's the only way to live ... People spend way too much time indoors .... My mom wouldn't let us in the house when we were kids .... Way to go man .... My dad taught me all kinda of fun stuff ... How to slide a car on a dirt road ... How to hit on chicks it's what life is all about !!!!
    I love being a Dad and having a good time with the kids. When it snowed last winter we took the kids out and showed them how to drive in the snow in my "big dumb redneck truck", that's what they cal my Suburban (lifted on 36" tires"). They are like a sponge and take in everything we show them. Since I was a fabricator they've learned how to use the plasma cutter, mig welder and and most of the shop equipment. I hate having to be the disciplinary person, but it has to be done from time to time. They're great kids and really make my life great! Oh yeah, my son got in trouble in school for kissing a girl, so I think he already learned the picking up chicks part. I guess I showed him too early that it pays to be confident around women (not an arrogant ass, but confident). LOL!
    Jeff & Suzette Georges

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rock, I can't wait to be a grandparent! Well I don't want it to happen too soon, but you know! My Mom and the other grandparents have a great time with the kids and I'm looking forward to that. I look at my kids and have hope for the future (I know all parents say that, but it's true), they're kind hearted and have a good head on their shoulders. They's both learned from the school of hard knocks that it's ok to get banged-up as long as you learn from it and get back on that horse!
    Jeff & Suzette Georges

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ride oconee ,sinclare , lanier in the off season lake Rusell is awsome bunch of us getting together on lake blackshear in cordeal in September u should ride down lots of hot rods
    19 bullet
    82 v king
    84 v king
    93 stv pro comp
    07 venom
    80 gt20
    93 v-21
    89 stv procomp
    97 xr 2001
    89 stv pro comp
    82 17 action marine
    99 action craft flats boat
    88 xr2002
    90 Stv pro comp
    10 mirage 1/4 master
    98 mirage 1/4master

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by speedinstream View Post
    We ride oconee ,sinclare , lanier in the off season lake remove Rusell is awsome bunch of us getting together on lake blackshear in cordeal in September u should ride down lots of hot rods

Yeah glad to see some others around the area. Clarks Hill wouldnt be too far for ya either, thats next weekend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet Brandon bummed he can't drive till his 15 birthday

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drove my first LTV when I was his age thirty years ago. Remember it well to this day. AWESOME