Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scammed / stolen from by a fellow member....

On the 7th of June I was contacted via private message from a member of this board about purchasing a propeller from me. I was eager to help someone on here as well as possibly trade for something better suited to my specific boat/engine combination. This member seemed very friendly and eager to trade a prop he had no use for to my prop.
    I shipped my prop to him early Monday June 9th, it arrived Thursday the 12th. Then communication came to a stand still.
    I sent several messages over the next week or so, no response. I finally settled in my mind that I was being ripped off so I sent a message saying as much. Within a few minutes I got an email from him with lots of apologies and was told that my prop was mailed to me 'yesterday' and thanks for your patience.

I have now waited another ten days and some more unanswered emails about a tracking number for the prop. I sent an email a few minutes ago clearly stating my intentions and three ways to prevent this escalating into a legal matter.
    This member has until end of business day Thursday the 17th to get me the prop he promised as trade for my prop, return my prop and locking hub as he received it, or pay me for my prop. I am happy to accept any one of those three choices. If not resolved by business end Thursday, I will reveal this members name in hopes that no one else is scammed / ripped off by this person.

I feel 100% that I have done everything I agreed on, and yet have gotten nothing in return.

Slimm
    Hire the handicapped, we're fun to watch

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You should pm Greg just to keep him in the loop. Hopefully he will monitor the other parties transactions to keep any one else safe until resolved. JMO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    You should pm Greg just to keep him in the loop. Hopefully he will monitor the other parties transactions to keep any one else safe until resolved. JMO
    That is a good idea, thank you.

Slimm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear it man!...Seems like this is happening more and more...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're more patient than I am in giving another 7 days.
    You never know what your faith is, until your faith has been truly tested.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell it all brother!
    Flint River Mafia

1983 Laser LTV #007 RIP Lloyd Burns
    1994 Mirage RR "The Purple Drip" SOLD
    2002 Laser LTV "SOLD"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    post his name its only right and maybe you could get Spec Boat to make some calls he works...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep us posted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update: Time to see how things work

The additional time I allowed for the person to do the right thing has come and gone without a single reply to my last three emails. I do not know if the person is a lying piece of trash thief or if there has been an emergency that has caused the delay in this person getting back to me but even an emergency doesn't take a month and a half with sporadic responses.

The member who has in my eyes showed himself to be a lying piece of trash thief is 2stroking.
    I think I have shown myself to be MORE than accomidating and willing to work with the situation but the facts are He got my prop and never sent his and has not made any effort to complete the trade as he promised. I have every email exchanged and will attach them as soon as I get them copied to text, or screenshot.

I will update with more info as legal proceedings occur.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2Stroking.jpg 
Views:	807 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	301731

Slimm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the complete back and forth between the two of us.

<BEGIN PASTED MESSAGES>

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com>

24p prop
    27 messages

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 2:05 PM
    To: speedboater@live.com
    I have not seen any cracks in the prop. If you will get me a zip code I will be happy to work out a cost for shipping or you can tally it yourself if you like. I live in Danville, Ky 40422. If you have a use for the prop I can send it to you for the cost of shipping and you can inspect it, then we can talk compensation or trade or whatever. I have no use for the prop at the moment and I took it in on trade with a few items. Combine the manner in which I acquired the prop with my general lack of knowledge pertaining to fair market value of these items and you will see that I just can't toss out a price.

I have a 99 2.5l 200 Mercury and am currently interested in locating some carburetors, WH-22 or WMV-18. Also I would be interested in any props for this engine in the 26-30p range, three or four blade. I am really easy to work with, just let me know what you have.

Scott

Sean Patrick <speedboater@live.com> Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 3:44 PM
    To: oswall03770@gmail.com
    Hi Scott,
    Thanks for the quick email! I Actually have a really nice mazeco that is the 2nd best prop I've ever owned-- I usually set up for pinned to the seat from 0-80+MPH and that prop had great acceleration and respectful holeshot-- only prop I ever liked better was my 26" yam I drag copy that had cone cup added/&whatever prop magic they do..
    The mazeco has one small ding with the tiny start of a crack there, in the leading edge of one blade that could be fixed very easily to make it perfect again.
    I ran it a few times after noticing the little ding and the tiny crack did not change but I'd get it welded if I was gonna use it daily again...
    Its pristine other then that.
    Just a thought that you might want it-- had my STV about 108-109.something MPH on GPS(didn't always carry GPS so maybe a lil more) very easily with that prop but since I'm only running a 2.0liter till I get the funds to finish either the modded 2.5litet or build my dream 3liter for the day I get a virage, God willing!

Anyways I'll ask post office about shipping costs and let you know this evening or tomm..
    Thank you again- this prop will get me on the water this year, I'll talk to you soon
    Sean Patrick & Megan Robinson

Sent from my Kyocera Hydro

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> wrote:

[Quoted text hidden]

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 3:57 PM
    To: Sean Patrick <speedboater@live.com>
    Hi Sean,I am interested in the prop. Can you tell me more about it? Is it a thru hub or over hub and what pitch is it? My 2.5 has had the block decked, heads shaved, front half has been cut .050" and stuffed, and Chris Carson reeds with a 1" carb spacer. I wanted to have an engine that was very powerful yet still maintain the 'bass boat' usability. I wanted to have as much throttle response and pulling power from idle to about 6000 RPM and I think I have accomplished that. This thing is amazingly responsive and it pulls like a team of pissed off Clydesdale's.

Looking forward to hearing from you again
    Scott

[Quoted text hidden]

Sean Patrick <speedboater@live.com> Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 4:23 PM
    To: Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com>
    This would prob be a great prop for your setup- its a 28"(inch) pitch, and since it looks to have been blueprinted and some cup added to help it bite harder the cupping adds about an inch of pitch...
    I'd trade ya if you want-- that might be the best way to start out... if you wind up not wanting it I have a bunch of stuff you might want instead- or just pay ya cash, Although I'm pretty good with set ups and i think you'll wind up loving the 28" ma eco...
    Either way, glad we got in touch
    Ttysoon-- Sean & Megan

Hi Sean,I am interested in the prop. Can you tell me more about it? Is it a thru hub or over hub and what pitch is it? My 2.5 has had the block decked, heads shaved, front half has been cut .050" and stuffed, and Chris Carson reeds with a 1" carb spacer. I wanted to have an engine that was very powerful yet still maintain the 'bass boat' usability. I wanted to have as much throttle response and pulling power from idle to about 6000 RPM and I think I have accomplished that. This thing is amazingly responsive and it pulls like a team of pissed off Clydesdale's.

Looking forward to hearing from you again
    Scott

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Sean Patrick <speedboater@live.com> wrote:
    Hi Scott,
    Thanks for the quick email! I Actually have a really nice mazeco that is the 2nd best prop I've ever owned-- I usually set up for pinned to the seat from 0-80+MPH and that prop had great acceleration and respectful holeshot-- only prop I ever liked better was my 26" yam I drag copy that had cone cup added/&whatever prop magic they do..
    The mazeco has one small ding with the tiny start of a crack there, in the leading edge of one blade that could be fixed very easily to make it perfect again.
    I ran it a few times after noticing the little ding and the tiny crack did not change but I'd get it welded if I was gonna use it daily again...
    Its pristine other then that.
    Just a thought that you might want it-- had my STV about 108-109.something MPH on GPS(didn't always carry GPS so maybe a lil more) very easily with that prop but since I'm only running a 2.0liter till I get the funds to finish either the modded 2.5litet or build my dream 3liter for the day I get a virage, God willing!

Anyways I'll ask post office about shipping costs and let you know this evening or tomm..
    Thank you again- this prop will get me on the water this year, I'll talk to you soon
    Sean Patrick & Megan Robinson

I have not seen any cracks in the prop. If you will get me a zip code I will be happy to work out a cost for shipping or you can tally it yourself if you like. I live in Danville, Ky 40422. If you have a use for the prop I can send it to you for the cost of shipping and you can inspect it, then we can talk compensation or trade or whatever. I have no use for the prop at the moment and I took it in on trade with a few items. Combine the manner in which I acquired the prop with my general lack of knowledge pertaining to fair market value of these items and you will see that I just can't toss out a price.

I have a 99 2.5l 200 Mercury and am currently interested in locating some carburetors, WH-22 or WMV-18. Also I would be interested in any props for this engine in the 26-30p range, three or four blade. I am really easy to work with, just let me know what you have.

Scott

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 4:35 PM
    I am happy to trade, but I want to make sure you are happy with this prop. If you can get me an address I will ship this one out tomorrow. My address is:
    Owen Wallace
    445 Dillehay St
    Danville, Ky 40422
    When you get this prop, if you decide you want some money to boot due to its flaws just let me know. I have the locking thing that the nut and washer lock into as well and will send it along with the prop.
    Thank you
    Scott
    [Quoted text hidden]

Sean Patrick <speedboater@live.com> Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    U got it Scott-- if you want I might as well send the 28"mazeco out to you as well..
    Sean Patrick
    149 fox hill rd.
    Edinburg, NY 12134

We'll keep in touch and if were both happy we'll just make sure its fair for you and me both--
    Thank you and we'll talk soon[Quoted text hidden]

[Quoted text hidden]

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    Your package is on the way. The post office had that zip code as Northville, I guess they know where it's going. Tracking number is 9114 9012 3080 3122 8629 45.
    Scott
    [Quoted text hidden]

Sean Patrick <speedboater@live.com> Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:14 AM
    To: oswall03770@gmail.com
    Thank you very much Scott,
    I'll send the prop for you out asap- just gotta get paid from one of the lil jobs I've just finished-- but I'll get it out at most a few days, hopefully later or 1st thing in the morning..
    Oh, and its an over hub prop, almost same as a big ear chopper but mazeco's design which a lot of people like cause they go for pretty good money when I see them for sale..
    I'll ttysoon and thank you again so much, I should be on the water this year because of you! A lil 2.0liter merc is all about revs and no torque so there's no way the 28" would have pushed a 20ft hydrostream HST!!
    Sea & Megan
    [Quoted text hidden]

[Quoted text hidden]

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    I hope you are happy with it. Now you have me pretty excited to see how this 28 wields on my torque monster 2.5. LoL.
    Thanks a lot
    Scott
    [Quoted text hidden]

Sean Patrick <speedboater@live.com> Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:40 AM
    I feel like a kid in a candy store too!! I can't believe I'll BS on the water soon!
    Lmk if u want anything else, I got a 2.5 Carb 245hp block, all nic , just needs 2 nic sleeves installed and I have them both to go with the block-- I'd like to build it but I've already got another 2.5 started I just need to order the last 3 or 4 pistons & assemble!
    But the 2liter will have to do for this season....ESP since Ill have a prop that should work with the setup!
    Thank you and ttysoon
    [Quoted text hidden]

[Quoted text hidden]

Adirondack Mobile Marine Services & Engine Rebuilding <speedboater@live.com> Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM
    Hey Scott,
    I just wanted to ask you what the shipping cost you?
    I'm just asking cause I'm hobbling around on crutches so even though I have a ton of work(tis the season for marine mechanics and hardcore boaters alike!) I have to be careful and do the physically easier jobs for a few more weeks-- its prob about halfway healed but I gotta say I almost forgot how bad it hurts breaking bones!! Its a compound fracture in the outer part of my left foot-- riding street bikes I learned ALL too much about breaking bones, and being older now it def is harder & healing is a lot slower.. boating is sooo much safer and social too, making friends everywhere we go you know?!
    Anyways, sorry for the book-- I just figured knowing how much I need to get her shipped out to ya would be helpful- I should get paid Friday at the latest, but I'm selling some leftover wood from the property getting logged so I'm trying to mail it today- I just want to send you the prop asap cause I know you gotta be like me, JONSING to try it out and get out on the water!!

OK, again sorry for the book, I just figured I'd ask how much the shipping cost you...
    Thank you and I'll ttysoon
    [Quoted text hidden]

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM
    It cost me $23 to ship this prop to you, priority mail 2 day by weight. This package was 8 lb 15.8oz according to their scale.

[Quoted text hidden]

Sean Patrick <speedboater@live.com> Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 1:17 PM
    thank you Scott
    I'll get it out to ya asap![Quoted text hidden]

[Quoted text hidden]

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 1:20 PM
    No worries Sean, thank you.
    [Quoted text hidden]

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    You had plenty of time to get that prop installed and tested....I would have taken a sick day so I could 'test' it all day today. LoLLet me know how it works for you, I am excited to hear.

Scott

[Quoted text hidden]

Sean Patrick <speedboater@live.com> Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    I'm JONSING SOOO bad-- BUT its been pouring rain since it came , u think it was either wed evening or Thursday I forget now bit its on my coffee table and the wife has been ordered to NOT touch it....lol
    I got yours boxed up and ready to send out to ya, I should get paid by 2:30- 3pm at latest so I'll run to town and send it out right then...
    OH, and since the lake is about a mile away, right at the bottom of my road, with a restaurant/bar and a launch right there I can use anytime, I've literary been working at my house in the shop-- but if it let's up for even a minute I'm gonna be the only guy out there- and I'll be grinning like no tomorrow getting my 1st run if the year!
    I'll tty later so u know & thank you again *-- Sean Patrick
    [Quoted text hidden]

[Quoted text hidden]

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 11:34 AM
    I bet she touched or when you weren't looking, and then she laughed and giggled like a kid with a bouncy ball! LOL. Let me know how it goes. I wish I was that close to the lake. It takes me about 15 minutes or so to be in the water, I guess it could be worse.
    Scott
    [Quoted text hidden]

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 7:07 PM
    Hey buddy just curious if you have had a chance to try that out yet and how it worked out for you.
    Scott
    [Quoted text hidden]

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 1:16 PM
    Hey buddy. Just thought I would touch base with you and see what the status is on the prop. Wondering if you had a chance to drop it off for shipping. I haven't heard from you since you got the 24, I hope everything is ok with you and family and maybe you just got busy with work.
    I hope to hear from you soon.
    Scott
    [Quoted text hidden]

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 5:23 PM
    Well it has been quite long enough of a wait to hear from you and apparently you are not going to respond to my emails, so I assume you are just going to keep my prop and not keep up your end of the deal. That is pretty lame and seems me especially since I thought you were going to be a stand up guy.
    If I don't hear from you within the next day or so, I will assume you stole my prop and take action. I hate that, I really thought things would work out differently.
    Scott
    [Quoted text hidden]

Sean Patrick <speedboater@live.com> Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 5:36 PM
    Sorry took me a bit to get back to you, I just found out I'm going to be a father! It was completely unexpected but when my wife fainted and hit her head they tested at the ER and kept her for observation so I was by her side and have been catering to hear since its the early stage when things can happen if not careful..
    Anyways, i just got your prop back from the local prop guy, he does it part time in evenings, he's going to fix it up in next few weeks when I will have the cash to pay him..
    Anyways, I used your box and sent the mazeco out yday when I got paid for a small job so you should have it within few days..
    Please email me and let me know how the 28" does for ya, I am betting it will be your favorite, keeping rpm's down with very good top end and good hole shot as well..
    Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you with an update!

[Quoted text hidden]

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    Thank you for getting back with me. Congratulations on being a father. I remember how I felt when I got the news.I look forward to trying the prop and I think it will do the trick nicely.
    I will let you know how it goes.

Scott

[Quoted text hidden]

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 3:32 PM
    Sean,It has been 7 days since your message saying that you shipped the prop out, which would put the prop being shipped 8 days ago and I still have not received it.
    I would appreciate a tracking number or some information as to how you shipped it (USPS, FedEX, UPS). I could have walked the prop here in 8 days.

Thanks
    Scott

[Quoted text hidden]

Sean Patrick <speedboater@live.com> Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    Hi Scott, your prop will be there any day-- I reused your box for it and had it mailed out so you'll n getting it any day now..
    And for you having to wait a few days I won't listen to my prop guy and ask for a few bucks because of the mazeco being worth more..
    Oh, and in case I forgot to tell you, my wife and I are FINALLY having a baby! We've been trying for years now so we feel very blessed..
    Anyways, sorry I waited for my prop guy but I wanted him to check both props out..
    Have fun, I'm sure you'll be screaming and flying any day now-- oh, and I'll check for the tracking number and email it to you this evening when I get home from the job I'm doing and the baby dr appt..
    Thank you very much- Sean Patrick
    [Quoted text hidden]

[Quoted text hidden]

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 2:42 PM
    Hey buddy, still no prop. Did you get a tracking number for me?

Scott

[Quoted text hidden]

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 4:46 PM
    It has been 8 days since you sent me this message saying you sent my prop. I sent you a message 4 days ago asking for a tracking number, again no response. This has been going on for a month and 4 days. I made the decision to send you a prop that you said you needed in hopes that you would keep your word and we could both come away with something useful for our individual needs.

You offered to trade your Mazco 28p prop for my 24p prop. They both had some visible damage and we both agreed to just trade. I kept my end but as of this moment you have not. If I do not have one of the following three things by the end of business day Thursday the 17th, then I will be forced to file a complaint of theft by deception with my local Police Dept, the Northville NY police Dept as well as the USPS.

I am not trying to be rude or a jerk but I kept up my end of the bargain and it appears to me that you have no intention of keeping up with yours(even though you said you were mailing out my prop on the 10th of June). I really hate that, and to be put in a position to do what I feel I have to do especially when I thought since the members on Scream and Fly were a good trustworthy group of friends really aggravates me.

Scott

[Quoted text hidden]

Owen Wallace <oswall03770@gmail.com> Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 5:06 PM
    In my haste, I realized I forgot to list the options you have to stop this going any further.They are:
    1) Send me the 28p Mazco as you agreed and promised
    2) pay me for my prop ($300 plus the $25 to ship it to you)
    3) return my prop and the locking hub just as you received it (at your expense of course, I paid to get it there)

I hate that it has come to this but I can't help but feel like I have made every attempt to uphold my part of this deal and yet I have nothing in return.

Scott

<END OF PASTED MESSAGES>

Slimm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I'd say you went above and beyond.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone should blow up his phone with the email he lists.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't Sean Patrick the same guy that was shafting people a few years ago here? The location (Northville/Edinburg, NY) and the first name (Sean) sounds all too familiar. I can't remember exactly, but I think he used to have a different S & F screen name, and also a different last name?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a morron....
    Glastron GT 150 W OMC 140
    Glastron GT150 w OMC 235
    Hydrostream Vision with 2.0l 135
    Hydrostream HST w 3.0L 225

I know two things that are infinite, the Universe and Human's Stupidity, although I am not sure about the first one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JWTjr. View Post
    Isn't Sean Patrick the same guy that was shafting people a few years ago here? The location (Northville/Edinburg, NY) and the first name (Sean) sounds all too familiar. I can't remember exactly, but I think he used to have a different S & F screen name, and also a different last name?
    Thank you for that additional information, it may come in handy if anything comes from this.

Slimm

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast