Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stacker 6 carb first fire up video

Any old timers recall what orifice size was used for the water going into the stacks ?? The top one is running dry as seen in the video. This problem might go away with a lower unit on it or smaller orifice. Thoughts ??

Video isn't the greatest....haven't had time to do another one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWxqtkORE4k

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This is what I see when I click your link:

This video is private.

If the owner of this video has granted you access, please log in.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think it is fixed now...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This build came out of the UK from a shop near Liverpool..called Outboards and hydroplane Services...I bought this back in 2003 from the owner of the shop..Frank a Formula 1 mechanic and ran this shop for decades..The motor was tucked under a staircase in one of the shops.. A super BP with a T2x front half mounted on a T2X mid with a custom adapter plate..I wish I recorded the conversation we had, he was a wealth of knowledge and had photos all over the walls, even pics of brand new 75H Mercs on Hydros at a indoor boat show.. While I was there the son of the fellow that ran this motor stopped in. He said his dad was still running the boat this motor came off of with some late model power..I will try and post some pics..
    Great to see it running again with minimal effort...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!! Six carbs? Stacks? Water??? You sure GG approved this???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working on two sets of wet stacks for Miss Diablo and found that the orifice size was 0.067" in all of the nozzles. Good thing I checked them (actually one was broken, so had to make a new one), as all were completely plugged with carbon. Must have been run a lot without the water being used. (near old timer)

Quote Originally Posted by Old fiberglass View Post
    Any old timers recall what orifice size was used for the water going into the stacks ?? The top one is running dry as seen in the video. This problem might go away with a lower unit on it or smaller orifice. Thoughts ??

Video isn't the greatest....haven't had time to do another one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWxqtkORE4k

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    I'm working on two sets of wet stacks for Miss Diablo and found that the orifice size was 0.067" in all of the nozzles. Good thing I checked them (actually one was broken, so had to make a new one), as all were completely plugged with carbon. Must have been run a lot without the water being used. (near old timer)
    Thanks for the info Roger. I think mine were way bigger like .120~125" or close to that. Plus one set had a big cavity in front of the orifice I assume to keep water in there at all times.
    Last edited by Old fiberglass; 05-23-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by htower View Post
    This build came out of the UK from a shop near Liverpool..called Outboards and hydroplane Services...I bought this back in 2003 from the owner of the shop..Frank a Formula 1 mechanic and ran this shop for decades..The motor was tucked under a staircase in one of the shops.. A super BP with a T2x front half mounted on a T2X mid with a custom adapter plate..I wish I recorded the conversation we had, he was a wealth of knowledge and had photos all over the walls, even pics of brand new 75H Mercs on Hydros at a indoor boat show.. While I was there the son of the fellow that ran this motor stopped in. He said his dad was still running the boat this motor came off of with some late model power..I will try and post some pics..
    Thanks for the info and all your help with this Rod !! Still want a ride in your Jag XKE.
    Last edited by Old fiberglass; 05-23-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mocking things up to bring the old girl back to life after a 30 + year rest.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks pretty sweet Oldglass!
    L6fan57-88

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    Wow!! Six carbs? Stacks? Water??? You sure GG approved this???
    Sure.......Gene expect for the noise levels. I don't know how you ran the entire Parker 9 with noise the twin stackers put out. Back in the day when men were men...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a pic of the center fitting. Notice the small hole in the fitting where it screws into the elbow. Two other nozzles are shown as well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	389.3 KB 
ID:	298571

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have water injection on mine.
    But i can tell you the water coming out of the water outlet hose
    will be probibly 3 times that with a lower unit on it running.
    That should help things
    Dale

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old racing mercury with stacks

Quote Originally Posted by htower View Post
    . Some interesting information I can add to this story Outboard and Hydroplane Services were based at Ormskirk nr Liverpool in the 60's and 70's and was owned by Len Melly a boat racing driver he won the Paris 6hr race around 1964 with John Merryfield they had a business together called M M Hulls supplying Levi V hulls 'the last time I was there I purchased a Mercury sports master gear case in 1970.Well in 1969 there were only 6 Mercury 1250sbp engines came in to the UK all were purchased by ex Mercury drivers.Bill Shakespeare' Fred Miles'Steve Pinson'Don Ross/Jackie Wilson'Charlie Shepherds team'Lol Hopkins.Back to the T2x in 1973 only two were in the UK Bob Spaldings and Tom Percival's.The engine you have may have been built some years later from good used parts.A good friend of mine Steve Twigg lived nearby in Manchester he had a 1000sbp Mercury engine with Stackers he was a ex racing boat driver and official at the Windemere speed record attempts they never let him run his outfit due to the noise'he always used to ask me over he said he would run his engine in his garage just to upset his neighbours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    Here's a pic of the center fitting. Notice the small hole in the fitting where it screws into the elbow. Two other nozzles are shown as well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	389.3 KB 
ID:	298571
    Roger thanks for the pic. Your setup is different than the two I have, not sure what works the best. Where are you picking up the water for the stacks ?? This seemed like the best place for mine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast