Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2016 boat

Errol builds a nice boat. Found a couple of small oversights or maybe just my nit picky preferences. Still tweaking props, boat balance, etc. A 632 pound Verado on the transom and 75 gallons of fuel makes it sit low in the back and isn't conducive to high mph. Light load of fuel and the wrong prop runs 72.8 GPS. I run offshore a lot. Looking at a hydromotive 5 blade to minimize aeration in big chop and up to 3-5 seas. It likes a lot higher X height and more transom lift than the Turbo TXP OT-4 can deliver. It eats big chop comfortably and with a little throttle control takes 3-5 following seas bone dry. Overall pleased with the boat!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160528_183701.jpg   20160528_183928.jpg   20160528_183515.jpg   20160528_184024.jpg   20160528_183630.jpg  

20160528_183314.jpg   20160528_183533.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you like your boat. I also am happy with mine. As with any boat, it takes time to get them dialed in. I have used mine in some larger tourneys (BASS-Open; FLW-Costa) and never doubted the boat- just my hookset.....LOL. Welcome to the Lanier boats!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Take Brent up on his offer to help you with set up. He and Mike have done everything you can do in one-not all good stuff but they know how to take it to the limits for sure....

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Take Brent up on his offer to help you with set up. He and Mike have done everything you can do in one-not all good stuff but they know how to take it to the limits for sure....

Joe
    That won't be possible until I get back home. I am in kansas working right now. I will give them a call. Maybe see you up on the St John sometime.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take any help/advice offered! $$$

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hound329 View Post
    I'll take any help/advice offered! $$$
    I sent you a P.M.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little history of my old boat... 275 Verado 630 pounds, 1.85 gears. Two props TXP (3 blade long full size tube) and TXP OT4 (4 blade short undersize tube), both props 26 pitch.

The TXP 3 shoved my Stratus 201 XL Pro 80 mph at 6200 rpm's with a tournament load and two adults. Put a TXP OT4 on the Stratus and the RPM's dropped 5900 rpms and it slowed down to 75 WFO. The dealer that put the boat together got 83 out of it with enough gas to get back to the boat ramp and no load.

Rev limiter on the Verado is 6400 RPM's.

Now to my LCB... Standard weight hull, 275 Verado, Bobs Extreme jack plate, 75 gallons fuel capacity, poling platform, 4G radar and fishing lights on the platform. Equates to - LOT's of stern weight!

Errol got 72 GPS out if my LCB with about 10 gallons of gas by himself in the boat with the 4 blade prop. He predicted mid 70's out of the boat while he was building it.

My LCB loaded with +/- 50 gallons of fuel, two adults and tested under similar water conditions -

The three blade SUCKS on the LCB. It aerates WAY too much coming up on plane and in sizable chop and is a almost impossible to prevent it from blowing out in the bigger stuff offshore when trying to keep it on plane. On top end after tweaking trim and jack plate to optimum at speed (sweet spot) the slip numbers on the three blade run about 14%. At the sweet spot the 3 blade peaks at 6,000 rpm's at top speed of 69 mph.

The four blade bites much better coming up on plane, on top end and in the big stuff. The four blade hits it's sweet spot at a lot higher x dimension than the 3 blade. It runs out to about 70 mph with 50 gallons or so of fuel at 5800 rpm. Slip numbers running about 9%.

Not too bad except the RPM"S are way low and the stern is still buried in the water at 70 from the weight on the back.

Now... First let me say I know about as much about props and the next wannabe keyboard warrior...

I've watched a lot of vids of other LCB's. With all the weight that I have on the rear, my stern should and it does run deeper than the lighter boats. When the fuel load get's lighter in my boat the stern rides higher and speeds go up accordingly. I like the way the boat performs, but I'm digging for that something to give me more stern lift. If I can get the stern up the boat will run a LOT faster.

From what I can research a longer diffuser tube adds more stern lift. I have noticed the stern riding higher with my full size long tube 3 blade prop at high speeds. I am considering a 5 blade prop for the increase in mid power/cruise fuel economy (less slip) and better rough water performance. I'm considering a Hydromotive P5X or a Maximus (maybe labbed) in about a 24 or 25 pitch.

Suggestions?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hound329:

I will gladly do my best to help you. Give me a call.

954 673 1175
    Brent
    2009 LCB 2005 300X

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is one pretty boat mold!
    1970 15' Allison/135 Chrysler stacker
    RC Mod-VP Boats

IMPBA District 13
    NAMBA District 3

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prop

Quote Originally Posted by hound329 View Post
    A little history of my old boat... 275 Verado 630 pounds, 1.85 gears. Two props TXP (3 blade long full size tube) and TXP OT4 (4 blade short undersize tube), both props 26 pitch.

The TXP 3 shoved my Stratus 201 XL Pro 80 mph at 6200 rpm's with a tournament load and two adults. Put a TXP OT4 on the Stratus and the RPM's dropped 5900 rpms and it slowed down to 75 WFO. The dealer that put the boat together got 83 out of it with enough gas to get back to the boat ramp and no load.

Rev limiter on the Verado is 6400 RPM's.

Now to my LCB... Standard weight hull, 275 Verado, Bobs Extreme jack plate, 75 gallons fuel capacity, poling platform, 4G radar and fishing lights on the platform. Equates to - LOT's of stern weight!

Errol got 72 GPS out if my LCB with about 10 gallons of gas by himself in the boat with the 4 blade prop. He predicted mid 70's out of the boat while he was building it.

My LCB loaded with +/- 50 gallons of fuel, two adults and tested under similar water conditions -

The three blade SUCKS on the LCB. It aerates WAY too much coming up on plane and in sizable chop and is a almost impossible to prevent it from blowing out in the bigger stuff offshore when trying to keep it on plane. On top end after tweaking trim and jack plate to optimum at speed (sweet spot) the slip numbers on the three blade run about 14%. At the sweet spot the 3 blade peaks at 6,000 rpm's at top speed of 69 mph.

The four blade bites much better coming up on plane, on top end and in the big stuff. The four blade hits it's sweet spot at a lot higher x dimension than the 3 blade. It runs out to about 70 mph with 50 gallons or so of fuel at 5800 rpm. Slip numbers running about 9%.

Not too bad except the RPM"S are way low and the stern is still buried in the water at 70 from the weight on the back.

Now... First let me say I know about as much about props and the next wannabe keyboard warrior...

I've watched a lot of vids of other LCB's. With all the weight that I have on the rear, my stern should and it does run deeper than the lighter boats. When the fuel load get's lighter in my boat the stern rides higher and speeds go up accordingly. I like the way the boat performs, but I'm digging for that something to give me more stern lift. If I can get the stern up the boat will run a LOT faster.

From what I can research a longer diffuser tube adds more stern lift. I have noticed the stern riding higher with my full size long tube 3 blade prop at high speeds. I am considering a 5 blade prop for the increase in mid power/cruise fuel economy (less slip) and better rough water performance. I'm considering a Hydromotive P5X or a Maximus (maybe labbed) in about a 24 or 25 pitch.

Suggestions?
    Hydromotive props are the only props I have found that will run good on a heavier LCB, and I have tried about everything on my SHO powered rig. I have 2 that I bought new from hydromotive, a summer prop and a winter prop, both 4 blades and they perform great on my rig. I have a 26 in my garage if you want to try it sometime, as it is a backup. We have met before, as I live in Crystal Beach.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4