Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For SALE or TRADE: '86 Summerford Pro Comp and Tandem Trailer

Boat and trailer are SOLD Thanks S&F

I have a Roark Summerford-built 1986 Pro Comp "needle nose" hull and tandem trailer up for sale or trade. It is a kevlar comp hull with a very light cap. The finish is base coat/clear coat. The hull, floor and transom are solid. I cannot detect any rot or softness anywhere. There are numerous stress cracks in the cap as one would expect on a hull of this age, but not really bad and ugly like some of them get. Single seat and center steer, rigged for Merc w/ Merc control box and wiring harness, Hot foot throttle. 10,000 rpm tach, 125 mph Medallion speedo, water pressure, fuel, volt and temp gauges. 6" Detweiler manual jackplate. 18 gal plastic tank w/ Holley fuel pump and regulator. Ready to bolt on your motor and go.

Pics are here in my photo album:http://www.screamandfly.com/album.php?albumid=1509

This boat is a blast to drive and with a 2.5 fishing motor it is super quick out of the hole with the right prop. There's really no learning curve to driving this kind of hull beyond using common sense when you point it and shoot. At 80mph you can bury the trim and turn the wheel as hard as you can, it will turn on a dime like it's on roller coaster rails - hold on tight. At higher speeds it feels airy and rocks on the sponsons a little bit, needing no steering input at all.

Overall in very good condition, she's 30 years old and doesn't look new but back up about ten feet or more and she is still very pretty, especially with the matching trailer. The trailer is in great shape, a few little nicks here and there and some light rust showing around the tongue area. Lincoln Aluminum Spoke wheels, diamond plate step pads. Good wiring and lights, tires good, bearings are all good and well greased. Tows very nicely.

This rig gets a lot of stares and compliments and will make someone a very decent lake or drag boat. It has spent most of it's life kept inside and/or covered and it shows.

All paperwork for hull and trailer is in order, all tags and stickers are current.

This sale is for the hull and trailer only, although I can fix you up with a motor or a just a 20" mid and LU if you need one.

Well, there you have it. Thanks for looking
    Mike
    Last edited by mastertrax; 04-25-2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Items sold

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TTT Price reduced