Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help hook up 05 250xs to 89 200 controls an such

I recently got a used 2005 250xs (Serial # OT998763), thinking it would hook up to a 89 200 carb control cable directly. Well I put hung it on the transom of my tritoon today and did not see anything that looked like the old cable. The throttle and shift cable hook ups didn't even look the same, mine are the light gray ones. There are also a bunch of connectors dangling that I don't think I'll need. The boat I put it on only has a tac and amp gauge. And of course I'll need the trim and tilt stuff. Thinking I might need a return fuel line too, because the 250 is fuel injected?

What do I need to do to get this thing going? or is this something I should take to a Merc shop? Thanks, DT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no return fuel line needed. if the 05 motor has the big round 10 pin connector. merc sells a adapter harness to connect it the old style 8 pin harness. shift and throttle cables will work the same.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx for the reply Dave. I finally took a close look at it today. This motor (05 250xs) has an 8 pin connector up high on the side, so it just plugged right in. Trim wires were right there too. There is a bunch of newer style connectors hanging on it, but they must be for the smart a$$ type gauges. Finding the air pressure nipple for the big oil tank was a little challenge, its way down on the block opposite side of the oil tank. Hooked a hose to it and it fired right up. Can't wait to get it in the water!!!