Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark has been talking ro Ted for the last forty years Fuji, they go back a long long way. Don’t think they’ve ever been out of touch.
    Ted used to work the Miami and Lauderdale boat show for Mark when they were running Fountain World Wide.
    In fact I’m sure Ted bought all the go cart race team , lock stock and smelly motors complete with custom trailer/ workshop !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was on my way to lunch with my brother in law last Friday——- middle of a roundabout on the A27, minding my own business———— little old lady driving a dinky toy car decides she’s COMING THROUGH, ———- that is through the Trusty Lexus !! Wasn’t the best decision she ever made.
    She wrote off her own car and buckled the two near side doors on the Lexus!
    Now, here’s the rub———- to do a bit of panel bashing would take a day with another day’s painting and cooking—————— but no !it needs a pair of new doors and a complete repaint . Guess what——— the old Lexus IS not worth that much money———— insurance company want to write it off?
    What do I do ? If you own a diesel you might as well have leprosy———— tree huggers want you to buy a battery. Whichever way you look at it , there’s no change out of £30,000.
    I was perfectly happy with what I had——— it would have seen me out——- then a little old lady on a mission alters all that.
    Wonder If there’s a single person——- anywhere in this world, that has been happy with his insurance company.
    There are compensations if you buy an electric hybrid, Like no excise duty———— £4,000 towards purchase, electric bills paid till doomsday———- silent running, and for free, no noise, no smell, no joy.
    I have become an automaton————-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to check you are not being scammed by repairer and/or insurance, to write your car off then repair and sell.
    I assume its a financial write off and not an engineering write off, so you can fix it and put it back on the road?
    Last edited by powerabout; 01-23-2018 at 04:35 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    You need to check you are not being scammed by repairer and/or insurance, to write your car off then repair and sell.
    I assume its a financial write off and not an engineering write off, so you can fix it and put it back on the road?
    Pilgrim, I’ve had the trusty Lexus for seven years and a hundred thousand miles————- trade in against a new one, it’s worth about three thousand———— that’s the problem. Car is now twelve years old and not worth washers any more———— but I could never have wished for anything better!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie: First mistake; you should have asked the police to take you to the hospital as you didn't feel right. You can still do it and claim a delayed reaction. Second; tell her insurance " fix it or I'll turn it over to my attorney" Works every time here in the states. Good luck. You could always get one of the Kia's. They even make a hybrid version.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Jackie: First mistake; you should have asked the police to take you to the hospital as you didn't feel right. You can still do it and claim a delayed reaction. Second; tell her insurance " fix it or I'll turn it over to my attorney" Works every time here in the states. Good luck. You could always get one of the Kia's. They even make a hybrid version.
    Been looking at the Kia Niro Johnno———- even with all the handouts and freebies it’s over £25,000 with all the bells and whistles Another six thousand and I get what I want (Nipponese Neverwong )instead of a Taiwan tin can.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JW 23rd..png 
Views:	98 
Size:	962.5 KB 
ID:	397868

7 days and counting.....

This message was sent from the confines of the naughty step.

8. Likes ron54 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Penny finally dropped Bob———I stopped counting birthdays when I was a little girl——— the only thing I want for this birthday is a fresh built DFV, then just maybe I’ll live long enough to hear the old girl fire up again!
    I will admit you’re a real smart arse with piccies on the puter . Just wish I was half as bright Bob !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnno, that’s downright dishonest, I got to that stage where no amount of hospital treatment will put me right————- anyway , the little old lady was badly shaken, hanging on to her husband for dear life frightened she was going to jail . No, I don’t need to scare little old ladies———— plus, I sleep good at night.

11. Likes OLEGATOR, AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie: Well maybe then the skaking little lady and her husband will replace your trusty Lexus; you think?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie: Well maybe then the skaking little lady and her husband will replace your trusty Lexus; you think?
    No Johnno, I don’t have that much faith anymore, but nobody was hurt——— Lizzie was not on board, and at the end of the day. It’s a bloody car, an inanimate object with absolutely no feeling——— if it was burnt out, in a wreck or run off a cliff it wouldn’t make a dent in the day? That’s why we carry insurance——- to soften the blow. Fact that all insurance companies are lying thieving grasping bastards is neither here nor there.

14. Likes olboatman liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was going to try and get an hour or so in the shop today but never quite felt up to it———just too many aches and pains. Let’s see what tomorrow brings. Need to finish Odell's Mona Lou sooner than later or it’ll wind up in the scrap bin along with the rest of the “Didnt quite make its “

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Penny finally dropped Bob———I stopped counting birthdays when I was a little girl——— the only thing I want for this birthday is a fresh built DFV, then just maybe I’ll live long enough to hear the old girl fire up again!
    I will admit you’re a real smart arse with piccies on the puter . Just wish I was half as bright Bob !
    I will take that as a compliment and I thank you for it. As far as bright, your bulb burns far brighter than mine. I would have never thought to skirt around the rules and mount a Cosworth in a tunnel with an outdrive and run it with the outboards - Brilliant

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is a picture somewhere with it running on a stand I seem to remember proving its an outboard?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't an outboard; never was and never will be. APBA at the time said single crank, vertical shaft. designed as an outboard. That's why he had to run as a KT at Parker. And even then he didn't win his class. The fact you could pull it out of the boat without removing the drive doesn't make it an outboard. If my memory is correct, it never won a race against a real outboard. Sorry JW, but that's the facts.

Page 473 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 373 423 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 523 573 973 ... LastLast