Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    I have a sort of interest in the Bloodhound project as it is being put together not too far from my hovel, in fact a feller 3 doors away used to spanner on it until he got laid off once to often and decided that working at Heathrow Airport paid better and offered more security..

He didn't have a bad word to say about it.....other than they were always chasing funding, indeed having visited the workshop it still takes my breath away to see the standard of work involved.

One thing you never ever mention is what happens to Andy Green if things start to go wrong when he is flat out......one visitor asked that very question...
    we all looked down at our feet and said nothing!!
    Daft question anyway Phill-------guy must have been a moron-------same thing that happens when a rocket launch goes tits up.
    I would guesstimate above 250 mph, no safety cell in the world built today would have much effect.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    Volvo bought Seven Marine which happems to be a bunch of ex Merc guys
    Cant wait to see where that goes
    No Pilgrim------Volvo bought 50% of Seven !
    That means they bought INTO Seven.
    Understand "Dire Straights" was mentioned somewhere!?
    Look at the power to weight ratio on that thing and it's a no brainier-----it never had a gearcase worth a carrot-------what it did have was a very interesting drive system------can be the only thing Volvo were interested in.
    But, what do I know Pilgrim-----just an old boat racer, waffling on about nothing in particular?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What they should of done with a chev was this... A proper outboard and aussie to boot
    Been there, Done that, ------even had a Tee shirt one time ! A proper outboard and A "POMMIE" to boot.
    Nothings new anymore Pilgrim!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Daft question anyway Phill-------guy must have been a moron-------same thing that happens when a rocket launch goes tits up.
    I would guesstimate above 250 mph, no safety cell in the world built today would have much effect.

Agreed...Folks pay a small fee to come on an guided trip so although they may have little interest in what they see, a lot of it is just to say "they've bin".
    When you are dealing with the public you have to put up with a lot.............

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ever heard of "Night of the long knives"----"Night of the vampire" Etc: well tonight is the "night of the old farts"------in a hanger in Stuart!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all happening right now down in the hanger at Stuart airport------just spent an hour talking to the most amazing bunch of old boat racers you could ever hope to meet under one roof.
    Big thank you to Charlie Wolfe for taking the OFF meeting by the scruff of the neck and making it happen!
    Next years meeting will be different------we start making plans as of now.
    All we need are for some of the newer "old farts" to join the club and get the ball rolling, great things can happen if we pull together and make it.
    Thanks to the many old racers who took the time out to attend this years event, it was important to keep the ball running------miss a year and without continuity no telling what could happen.
    Thats me done for the day-----night night, may your god go with you.J.

7. Thanks GENE LANHAM thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Pilgrim------Volvo bought 50% of Seven !
    That means they bought INTO Seven.
    Understand "Dire Straights" was mentioned somewhere!?
    Look at the power to weight ratio on that thing and it's a no brainier-----it never had a gearcase worth a carrot-------what it did have was a very interesting drive system------can be the only thing Volvo were interested in.
    But, what do I know Pilgrim-----just an old boat racer, waffling on about nothing in particular?
    The deal says Volvo has a majority fo Seven so that 51% or more, hence control
    Whats wrong with the gearcase, far stronger then the 400ROS.
    twin pinion and shift above the gearbox, the perfect solution

9. Likes lars strom liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are 100% right powerabout..Volvo Penta runs Seven Marine..
    Volvo Penta has signed an agreement to become the major owner of innovative premium outboard motor manufacturer Seven Marine, enabling the Swedish company to extend its scope of world-leading integrated propulsion systems.

http://www.seven-marine.com/news/volvo-penta-becomes-majority-owner-of-innovative-outboard-motor-manufacture

Volvo Penta should also purchase the Evinrude division from BRP.

Volvo Penta should also purchase the Evinrude division from BRP.
    Merge Seven Marine and Evinrude into one outboard brand.
    Figure out the smartest and best name and Volvo Penta have a complete outboard lineup..
    From 5 HP up to 627 HP and soon diesels.
    I should get some commission out of this..!!

http://svera.se/blogg/volvo-penta-should-also-purchase-the-evinrude-division-from-brp/

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails seven.jpg  
    Last edited by lars strom; 11-04-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK Pilgrim, so I was 1% out, it's no secret Seven was up to its fetlocks in debt, had overspent to the tune of millions and was generally "up sh-t creek" with a product that looked good on paper, but was having problems with both engines and gearboxes! It's saving grace was the integral drive.
    Volvo were always the smartest company in the marine business when it comes to inboards, personnel and innovations.
    Different story with the outboard division-----so, what better way than to buy out a failing small company cobbling together the worlds biggest horse power label. Bingo! Volvo hit the jackpot----with 51% we can become the worlds largest outboard engine manufacturer at very little cost--------very smart move--------but you still have to prove the product to sell it-------and I figure that's some way off.
    Now let's get real------Nortek probably take 500 of the 400 ros's for the Centre consoles each year---( (which alone is far more than the entire F1 race motors) I haven't heard of any gear case problems, but if you know of some I'll listen!
    Total number of Sevens ever made I reckon, is less than three figures, with problems !
    Shudder to think just how many 400R's been manufactured to date.
    If the two pinion and shift box is the perfect solution-----why is it so problematic?
    YOUR SERVE PILGRIM!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lars strom View Post
    you are 100% right powerabout..volvo penta runs seven marine..
    Volvo penta has signed an agreement to become the major owner of innovative premium outboard motor manufacturer seven marine, enabling the swedish company to extend its scope of world-leading integrated propulsion systems.

http://www.seven-marine.com/news/volvo-penta-becomes-majority-owner-of-innovative-outboard-motor-manufacture

volvo penta should also purchase the evinrude division from brp.

volvo penta should also purchase the evinrude division from brp.
    merge seven marine and evinrude into one outboard brand.
    figure out the smartest and best name and volvo penta have a complete outboard lineup..
    from 5 hp up to 627 hp and soon diesels.
    i should get some commission out of this..!!

http://svera.se/blogg/volvo-penta-should-also-purchase-the-evinrude-division-from-brp/

maybe a " stromrude"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a friend with a ME CC boat powered by four Seven Marine 627 hp and there is no gearbox/gearcase problems.
    Runs perfect and love a lot of fuel.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails seven 2.JPG   seven 4.JPG  
    Last edited by lars strom; 11-05-2017 at 04:18 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to know there's at least one running ok Lassie.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK Pilgrim, so I was 1% out, it's no secret Seven was up to its fetlocks in debt, had overspent to the tune of millions and was generally "up sh-t creek" with a product that looked good on paper, but was having problems with both engines and gearboxes! It's saving grace was the integral drive.
    Volvo were always the smartest company in the marine business when it comes to inboards, personnel and innovations.
    Different story with the outboard division-----so, what better way than to buy out a failing small company cobbling together the worlds biggest horse power label. Bingo! Volvo hit the jackpot----with 51% we can become the worlds largest outboard engine manufacturer at very little cost--------very smart move--------but you still have to prove the product to sell it-------and I figure that's some way off.
    Now let's get real------Nortek probably take 500 of the 400 ros's for the Centre consoles each year---( (which alone is far more than the entire F1 race motors) I haven't heard of any gear case problems, but if you know of some I'll listen!
    Total number of Sevens ever made I reckon, is less than three figures, with problems !
    Shudder to think just how many 400R's been manufactured to date.
    If the two pinion and shift box is the perfect solution-----why is it so problematic?
    YOUR SERVE PILGRIM!
    400ROS have been cancelled, last orders mid next year as per Merc press release
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...shaft-breakage
    is there a thread on Seven Marine failures?
    15 all.
    Last edited by powerabout; 11-05-2017 at 09:26 AM.

16. Thanks lars strom thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mercury had a unique unit with three pinions, a shift mechanism and a gear reduction system!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    400ROS have been cancelled, last orders mid next year as per Merc press release
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...shaft-breakage
    is there a thread on Seven Marine failures?
    15 all.
    Think you'll find that it's the F1 motor the 400R that's been axed Pilgrim------was always hard for Mercury to keep low number race motors in production-----always been a pain in the arse .to keep on making motors for enthusiastic racers who did nothing but moan.
    Much as I love racing, I can understand the investors who are only interested in returns and profits putting the boot in to get rid of racing motors, but I still think that what we did, extreme testing of product did improve the breed.
    First time I've heard anything about Verado shafts breaking-----it's obviously a fact----needs fixing pronto------there's far too many of them out there, so you can't hide the fact there's a problem. So, even Mercury are fallible.

Page 442 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 342 392 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 492 542 942 ... LastLast