Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a zillion Bob, one day we'll sit down together and you can show me some of that secret sh-t you're able to pull off.
    its four years since we put £20 into the Bloodhound project---- it was on show at the Festival of Speed at Goodwood.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Thanks a zillion Bob, one day we'll sit down together and you can show me some of that secret sh-t you're able to pull off.
    its four years since we put £20 into the Bloodhound project---- it was on show at the Festival of Speed at Goodwood.
    Tomorrow (Thursday) should be a very interesting day. I wish them all the Best...!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've met Andy Green a number of times---------once was in Cowes where grandson Craig was racing the Fountain---------Reggie himself was there, along with Mark and most of the Wilson clan!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is some live high speed testing today of the Bloodhound. Great video and audio from inside the cockpit and outside. Turn up the sound and sit back for the ride.

https://youtu.be/FurX-CjOZ6Y

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was me, in my recliner, headphones on ---watching the news, waiting for the results of Bloodhounds first run. Thought I might just look in on the old "Tricks " site. BINGO there it is, our very own vid of the trial run. Well done Bob,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About a week to go and all the old fogies who have become friends over the years will be getting together for the 2017 OFF meeting.
    Gary loves flying even more than boat racing------so I'm hoping Charlie will give him the ride of his life at the air show.
    Mark is getting in touch with Rich to invite the "Old Farts" up to his new facility in Port St. Lucie---------I've seen some of the stuff he's producing in Carbon--------totally different ball game to what he's used to.
    All singing and dancing new German technology-----and maybe the safety breakthrough that's been missing in present day high speed boats.
    Still way too many people getting hurt, maimed and killed in boats that are capable of 150+ mph.
    Seems to me there's an awful lot of 40/50' boats with over 2,000 hp available to any Joe Doakes with a check book.
    Buy the boat, join a poker run, put the hammer down and any self respecting rig will show you 150 !
    Nobody can stop an idiot------but we can protect them better.
    Maybe the industry can sit up and take note-------but in the end it'll be down to a few individuals to pick up the baton and make new inroads into driver and crew safety.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what-----it's amazing to me that in the twenties and thirties, any sort of speed record, be it land , sea or air drew thousands of people's attention.
    It was NEWS, big news, reported on the front pages of every daily newspaper, the protagonists were national heroes, some of them were knighted------arise Sir Donald ! Some of them were killed ----- the world could not get enough of the speed merchants. They were national treasures
    Now the attempt to become the first person to attempt a thousand miles an hour hardly warrants a mention in the news. Mind you Andy Green is a Wing Commander-------whether that's because of---- in spite of-----or before he was even a "Pontious" , I couldn't say.

8. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what-----it's amazing to me that in the twenties and thirties, any sort of speed record, be it land , sea or air drew thousands of people's attention.
    It was NEWS, big news, reported on the front pages of every daily newspaper, the protagonists were national heroes, some of them were knighted------arise Sir Donald ! Some of them were killed ----- the world could not get enough of the speed merchants. They were national treasures
    Now the attempt to become the first person to attempt a thousand miles an hour hardly warrants a mention in the news. Mind you Andy Green is a Wing Commander-------whether that's because of---- in spite of-----or before he was even a "Pontious" , I couldn't say.
    Sorry Jackie, if you mean Donald Campbell by arise Sir Donald, he was never knighted just a CBE.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny that you bring that up. There has not been even a mention of this attempt here in the USA. Had you not brought it up, it would have gone unnoticed. I have to assume that because it is not Americans breaking the speed record, it becomes a "non event." However, there is no shortage of Trump news or of the JFK files....stay tuned

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by techteam View Post
    Sorry Jackie, if you mean Donald Campbell by arise Sir Donald, he was never knighted just a CBE.
    'Sir' Richard?----

--with my OLD friend---Eckhard--

Last edited by GENE LANHAM; 10-27-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking that there would be more testing today, but it appears that they gave the Bloodhound the day off. I was reading that at wide open throttle, it is rated at 135,000 hp.
    Last edited by Bob V; 10-27-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by techteam View Post
    my mistake ---------it must have been his father "SIR MALCOLM CAMPBELL"!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No news on the Bloodhound run except up to now it's cost in excess of $40,000,000 -------but I'm told on good authority it's more than covered it's cost in spades up to now----- a hundred and twenty nine million schoolkiids have already seen the project car. Baffle the public with bull sh-t and you're home and dry!
    9 years in the making, with two more before the serious testing begins-----damn thing should be doing 15000 mph to justify that much expenditure-------but what the hell, it's only money and I already got my name painted on the car as a sponsor!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    'Sir' Richard?----

--with my OLD friend---Eckhard--

Wow, you know Ecky from MTU !!

17. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
Page 437 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 337 387 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 487 537 937 ... LastLast