User Tag List

Page 11 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 61 111 511 1011 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Just means the wife has good taste also. Besides , she'll think of you now every time she goes in the garden
    Johnno, she thinks of me 24/7, don't know if it's good taste or she likes to keep me under the cosh or the mere fact "I am invincible , charming, modest, adorable, loveable and dreaming, can't believe I just wrote all that crap.
    Off to sleep, talk more tomorrow, j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Attachment 294194Attachment 294195This is the piece I was never happy with, have removed the centre and started chasing the bold weevils out of the bark, little bastards were not so little and were very bold indeed they didn't just bore holes, they went mining.
    back to square one and then white grain filled it, should be ready to hit in the morning, never tried this before so it could be very interesting.
    Jack in the background there is a piece on the green cabinet, looks like prop blade plume from cleaver re-entry! can I see a better pic. of that!and what is that green cabinet looks like a guitar amp and speaker cab.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donmac View Post
    Jack in the background there is a piece on the green cabinet, looks like prop blade plume from cleaver re-entry! can I see a better pic. of that!and what is that green cabinet looks like a guitar amp and speaker cab.
    Don, it's 6.30 am here , my peepers are just about in working order but grey cells are reluctant to engage, they need " TEA" then after a slurp or three thoughts become lucid and I am no longer at war with the rest of mankind. After this occurrence I shall arise, do the three S's and toddle down to breakfast, Jilly will have made me breakfast which I shall devour whilst doing the Daily telegraph general knowledge crossword together.
    Then and only then will I prepare to the workshop and take a snapshot of the aforementioned article which may simply be the Whale tail.j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnno, she thinks of me 24/7, don't know if it's good taste or she likes to keep me under the cosh or the mere fact "I am invincible , charming, modest, adorable, loveable and dreaming, can't believe I just wrote all that crap.
    Off to sleep, talk more tomorrow, j.
    you forgot self-deprecating!!!
    why ask me ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stokernick View Post
    you forgot self-deprecating!!!
    Hey Stoker-----didn't forget-----only do it on quarter days, Michaelmas and gay weddings if the're held before 10.45 am on a Monday .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	382.1 KB 
ID:	294272Click image for larger version. 

Views:	26 
Size:	384.6 KB 
ID:	294273Click image for larger version. 

Views:	23 
Size:	410.8 KB 
ID:	294274Click image for larger version. 

Views:	27 
Size:	423.7 KB 
ID:	294275
    Quote Originally Posted by donmac View Post
    That's the back of the shop which is full of past projects, Is that what you were looking at Don?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah Don, after close examination of said cabinet and after deep discussion with " the committee" it has been ascertained that that mystery cabinet has every chance of being a common everyday four drawer filing cabinet.
    Hope that clears everything up.
    Having exhausted All avenues for dispatching the guitar, 'twould appear. the post office is the best way to send it,
    regular air mail-------should take four days max.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2nd pic. in post #131 left side of featured piece is the piece I wanted a better look at!check your pm's Jack I need some direction for $$!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	13 
Size:	328.9 KB 
ID:	294324Click image for larger version. 

Views:	17 
Size:	387.5 KB 
ID:	294325Click image for larger version. 

Views:	20 
Size:	340.5 KB 
ID:	294326Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	261.2 KB 
ID:	294327[QUOTE=donmac;2611992]2nd pic. in post #131 left side of featured piece is the piece I wanted a better look at!check your pm's Jack I need some direction for

We spent Christmas with Jilly's eldest son Ivan and his family---he had a good old fashioned log fire and kept feeding it with some very nice fresh cut timber----on closer inspection I saw it had some great " spalting". Asked if I could take a couple of bits back with me to fiddle with , he concurred , so I played about with angles and holes, here's a couple of piccies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the piece on the cabinet left side!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	15 
Size:	223.3 KB 
ID:	294332Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	326.6 KB 
ID:	294333Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	223.3 KB 
ID:	294332
    Quote Originally Posted by dodo notnmac View Post
    the piece on the cabinet left side!
    Do not mess with a retired boat racer----they can get mean when the're upset----can make anything!
    So sorry Don, the cabinet is my Swiss planer thicknesses and the bit of hilarity on top is something I put together after wandering into an art shop in Chichester to enquire about a similar piece, only to be told by a snotty nosed being. " THE PRICE TAG IS ON THE OBJECT" ----after a 2 seconds perusal and a near fatal attack of total disbelief I fell about laughing-----£2, 995 Stirling. Asked her if it was a joke and was quickly ushered out of the shop, I was so bloody incenced I went into the shop and made one just like it in four hours

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	19 
Size:	402.0 KB 
ID:	294337This is"PASCAL". Did an art trail around West Sussex last summer, visiting some100 artists peddling their wares.
    Jilly had a sudden mad fit of depression and purchased Pascal, she has waited nearly a year for me to find the right plinth so she can display it in the bushes at the bottom of the garden.
    Next door neighbour Steve had an old 6x6" gate post, so managed to blagg it out of him for nixie plonk, set about tidying said article, cut in half and Voila !!! pascal has a perch. Had to carve his name with pride I was ordered, still, if it makes Madame happy ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	294361Don't know if any of you out there have daughters, well I have, when you get a surprise visit and the opening gambit is " Dad, I was just wondering" the amber lights start flashing------as a father you know ------they want something !!!
    I never even opened my mouth, ----just continued to listen, " Do you just happen to have a plank of really nice wood that you could make a headboard out of".
    Yes thank you sez I trying not to sound the least bit interested, but the young have persistence if not a lot else, "is it ok to look through your pile of exotic timber and select a piece that you could fernagle into a super duper natural headboard using all your expertise----you can have a free hand. As you can imagine I'm thrilled beyond belief to avail myself of the opportunity to get rid of one of my precious hoarded planks and then spend a day or two shaping and polishing the same. Then comes the kicker----it won't fit in the new Beemer-----would you mind dropping it off at the house once it's finished------why would I, it's only twenty miles up there, and if I let the seats down in the Lexus, fill it up with gas, fifty mile round trip ----who would be a dad?
    Just wondered if I was on my lonesome here or if this is an everyday occurrence for country folk.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	294361Don't know if any of you out there have daughters, well I have, when you get a surprise visit and the opening gambit is " Dad, I was just wondering" the amber lights start flashing------as a father you know ------they want something !!!
    I never even opened my mouth, ----just continued to listen, " Do you just happen to have a plank of really nice wood that you could make a headboard out of".
    Yes thank you sez I trying not to sound the least bit interested, but the young have persistence if not a lot else, "is it ok to look through your pile of exotic timber and select a piece that you could fernagle into a super duper natural headboard using all your expertise----you can have a free hand. As you can imagine I'm thrilled beyond belief to avail myself of the opportunity to get rid of one of my precious hoarded planks and then spend a day or two shaping and polishing the same. Then comes the kicker----it won't fit in the new Beemer-----would you mind dropping it off at the house once it's finished------why would I, it's only twenty miles up there, and if I let the seats down in the Lexus, fill it up with gas, fifty mile round trip ----who would be a dad?
    Just wondered if I was on my lonesome here or if this is an everyday occurrence for country folk.
    Jackie:
    Happens just about every week at my house. Fix this, build that, run the grandkids here or there, work the concession stand at the ball game, etc, etc. Part of being a Dad forever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Jackie:
    Happens just about every week at my house. Fix this, build that, run the grandkids here or there, work the concession stand at the ball game, etc, etc. Part of being a Dad forever.
    Welcome to one of life's great clubs Johnno-----better than the Lions or the ROTORY--------Fatherhood.

Page 11 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 61 111 511 1011 ... LastLast