Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Where the hell you at these days Gene ? Alaska, ? That looks like a full six inches to me !
    Another fall like that and the hanger roof's in jeopardy.
    Jackie--35 years ago I left the Ocean side, the flatlands, and settled in the most beautiful place in the world--the Colorado Rockies--

Where it can snow any day of the year--

(Don't put away the snow shovel)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...the most beautiful place in the world--the Colorado Rockies-

...You are definately, 100% correct on that Gene...They are breathtaking, as is all of Colorado.
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 05-21-2017 at 05:06 PM.

5. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    Keeps spinning out cause there's no skeg in the water, and/or prop bite. Problem with these stepped V-bottoms is, the drive or outboard actually has to be installed much lower, till the aeration doesn't affect the slip-stream so much. Its sucks, but nature of the beast. Not tell'n ya anything ya don't already know, right Jacko? lol
    I though they used stepped hulls so it was better for the spectators?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Fuji, Craig doesn't KEEP SPINNING OUT ------he did it just the once, he's been running top flight offshore competition including winning three world championships, most of those races were in stepped hulls.He does have a wealth of experience, a modicum of common sense, and a pedigree second to none. He set up each one of the P1 boats so that the racing was fair and square for each driver.
    Unfortunately he suffered his first non finish ever due to an electrical problem.
    somebody out there suggested it was the safety switch in the control box and therefore not a Mercury problem--------er, excuse me, since when did any outboard function without a control box ? No good trying to wash your hands, stand back and say "it's not my problem"---------- if the motor don't function due to the electrics, then it is a Merc problem ! It was not a control box problem !
    It will be all sorted before the next race-------just pisses me off when I hear that "Not my fault" talk.

Decided to give the WEBER a birthday treat yesterday-------took out the grill and scraped all the goo from the kettle ---------unfortunately I managed to wrench my shoulder muscle in the process, left arm now just hangs useless, No fool like an old one.
    Last week in may and summers almost upon us------my favourite time of the year-----I do like a bit of warmth on my shoulders.
    get the last three jabs this week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, then I'm good to go for the next ten years. Must confess to feeling a bit sorry for myself every time I come out of the surgery.

8. Likes Scream And Fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aftermarket control

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFL View Post
    Aftermarket control
    Something like that ------marketing has come a long way since Pontious was a pilot !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried to start using the arm but to no avail, damn thing won't function and gives me the "Gyps" with every movement
    Fell off the roof trying to rescue the damned cat some fifteen years ago------fell awkwardly and broke a load of tendons, wound up in hospital for a couple of weeks after having them all stitched back together. Well, it's right on the same spot and I could do without it !
    Guess I'll have to learn to be a lot more careful in future, could be time to slow down.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arm is much worse today------really have made a mess of things. Arm in sling, hurts like buggery. Hospital appointment tomorrow for an ultra scan !
    Just as the nice weather gets here--------it's a real bummer. Got a couple of tin chests to pack up all the finished concepts in.
    Most of them are florida bound anyway ! It's cheaper to send ten items weighing in at around fifty kilos ( something like $150).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jackie - Guess I've been quiet for way too long. I think my Old Fart brain just gets tired. Worked for Kiekhaefer & attending college all through the 1960's. After retiring from 30 years in USAF/ANG 20 years ago, "working" at Jacksonville Museum of Science & History for 3 years, working for Duval County Public Schools as Fire Safety Inspector for 15 years, I will finally retire on July 7, 2017. Iris has lots of work for me to do at home. Maybe I will just pretend to go to work. Nah, that won't work! Never "planned" anything in life. I just lucked into everything and totally enjoyed every bit of it. Life is good!!! I think I still have a few years left to just enjoy that. Take care of that arm. I hope you can still use the other arm to lift a toast to all OFF's.
    Fondest Regards from one Old Fart to Another - Steve Sirois

14. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seeroy View Post
    Hi Jackie - Guess I've been quiet for way too long. I think my Old Fart brain just gets tired. Worked for Kiekhaefer & attending college all through the 1960's. After retiring from 30 years in USAF/ANG 20 years ago, "working" at Jacksonville Museum of Science & History for 3 years, working for Duval County Public Schools as Fire Safety Inspector for 15 years, I will finally retire on July 7, 2017. Iris has lots of work for me to do at home. Maybe I will just pretend to go to work. Nah, that won't work! Never "planned" anything in life. I just lucked into everything and totally enjoyed every bit of it. Life is good!!! I think I still have a few years left to just enjoy that. Take care of that arm. I hope you can still use the other arm to lift a toast to all OFF's.
    Fondest Regards from one Old Fart to Another - Steve Sirois
    Still think about you often Stavros----------life is good, you got that right, we have to live every moment like it's the last. Like all the old farts, we are survivors, we enjoy being us, it's what we do, it's what we've done all our lives.
    July 7th was my sainted mothers birthday, if you've got her hanging around, nothing can touch you.

All the news today is about all the kids slaughtered at the Manchester arena------what sort of sicko could possibly do harm to a bunch of school kids at a music concert ?
    I am not usually a vindictive person, but if the west has the capacity to wipe out all the terrorist training camps in the Middle East , then so be it.
    President Trump doesn't need my permission to do it, but if he does, he has my blessing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had time on my hands to reflect on the great times I've had in my life-------not often I can sit back and do nothing except "Remember" .
    So, on reflection, I think I must be one of the most fortunate individuals to ever draw breath with the way things "Lucked out"as my good friend Stavros puts it.
    Every time I get together with the old farts I think to myself--------this is as good as it gets Jacko, hanging out with all the living legends from the boat racing world.
    Those that never made it this far always come up in our conversations. Some died on the water------some succumbed to sickness-----some were lost going to and coming from race meetings, but they were part of that crowd of men and women who MADE IT.
    I was lucky to have met many of these legends.
    While there is still time, and before our memories get lost forever in the annals of time, would be nice if we could find a ghost writer and narrate as many experiences we've had and the people we met whilst we're still alive and kicking .
    Me myself won't be at the old farts get together in November , but there's enough of you going to start the ball rolling and get your memoirs down on paper. Just start a notebook, or put it on your dot dot, or laptop or smart phone
    . One thing none of us old farts can afford to do is. PROCRASTINATE.

17. Likes olboatman liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another uncomfortable night, told her who was nexttoei was hurting--------by 9:45am I was in the doctors surgery being attended to by a gorgeous South African lady doctor---------told her I'd been racing in Loch Vaal----------Voila, we were buddies in no time flat.
    She gave the arm and elbow some close scrutiny and decided all was not well and I needed an urgent X ray----------thirty minutes later I was in the Bognor Regis Hospital.
    Lady in charge paid particular attention to my elbow, told me it was not in good condition!
    I duly informed her I had a bad case of "MOLINARI ELBOWS" which I had managed to live with for the last forty years----------to emphasise the point I placed my other elbow on the glass topped table and proceeded to roll the elbow around a little which produces a sound not unlike walnuts being ground under a stone roller. She reached for a cardboard puke bowl and asked me to "stop doing that", so I duly obliged .
    Then had to explain how years of banging elbows on the combing of a tunnel boat led to the splintering of elbow bone tissue------etc.
    Due back at the surgery to have the penultimate stab in the arm at 1:30 pm. , last one's on Friday when things should be getting back to a bit of normality ----------it's important I eat some bear before long!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still in no fit condition to drive and I can't imagine her majesty coming to a "car boot sale"---------it would be like the Queen visiting the local fish and chip shop!
    See how things pan out after I've struggled with the shower---------darent walk around Ford with my arm in a sling, I'd be called the one armed bandit !
    Forecast is for temperatures of 80+ degrees all weekend, all roads to the coast will be gridlocked, it's the last bank holiday of the year until August.

Page 385 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 285 335 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 435 485 885 ... LastLast