Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Jackie:
    Tech Team lives in England so I doubt he will be bidding on it. Besides, he is a Rotary expert extraordinaire!
    Cheers, Rotary John
    Morning Johnno, something new I learned today, and isn't " everyone " trying to be a rotary expert ?
    Should get you a piccie posted today---------was going to put a gear case under it,----but I don't think I'll bother-------got a half tidy mount for it-------finished it off on the lathe yesterday.
    If I add any more weight to the thing, it'll cost me more in postage than I'll get at auction !
    At least I have a bottle of malt to look forward to at Tavares -----you booked your seat at the table yet ??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John I've told you before, the definition of an expert is an ex is a has been and a spurt is a drip under pressure.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	341.0 KB 
ID:	353294Click image for larger version. 

Views:	18 
Size:	274.8 KB 
ID:	353295Click image for larger version. 

Views:	19 
Size:	347.4 KB 
ID:	353296Click image for larger version. 

Views:	18 
Size:	395.6 KB 
ID:	353297Click image for larger version. 

Views:	20 
Size:	325.8 KB 
ID:	353298Click image for larger version. 

Views:	26 
Size:	341.0 KB 
ID:	353294

Ok folks, loath it or love it--------it's what I do -------no models, copies or pretend stuff-------just a simple concept of what I see.
    tech team threw down the gauntlet and I was fool enough to pick it up ---------give 'em the finger, and there you have it. An old gits version of H1 V8, with mods-------may paint the heads red before I send it to Roger H for safe passage to Tavares .
    Took all day to put the finishing touches to the thing------it's signed and dated and it's going into the auction with a starting price of $100.------it's damn heavy, so it would fetch that for scrap !

5. Likes RogerH liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    Hidden within this picture is a multitude of feelings, ------the mother of two great boys who died long before they should have done-----the widow of the eldest son Ivan , Kate, (Character Extrordinaire ) and their son Lucas. Then comes the saviour of the whole shebang , an eighteen month old little girl Elizabeth, Fleur, Hope Stevens, who holds the key to the future.
    By the way, that is my wonderful wife Jilly ( her indoors, the kitchen goddess, her who shall be obeyed etc,) her who has come through tragedy and and adversity, sorrow ,sadness and heartbreak with a dignity few in this world could ever hope to emulate.
    I just happen to be as much in love with her as the day I met her !

7. Thanks shadowcat thanked for this post
    Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	5 
Size:	442.5 KB 
ID:	353353

Got the winters supply of logs delivered on Monday------ started to stack them, ran out of "Puff" after half an hour. Jilly phoned the guy who does the garden and asked him to do the job. Three hours later, job done-------best to let them do it that can !
    My pillar drill has rattled like a bag of nails ever since I bought the damn thing-------yesterday I took it to bits to find the problem.
    Sure enough one of the three bearings had the shakes, might just as well replace all three. There won't be much work done in the shop today. Just fitted a Makita quick release chuck-----beautiful piece of kit, replaced the cheap and cheerful Chinese chunky movement chuck that came with it.
    Guess I must be giving my machines a hard time------seem to be forever upgrading or replacing
    them, that's life I suppose.
    Keep telling Jilly it's about time I traded her in for an upgrade-------haven't come across the swop shop that would trade her for a younger model yet, so might just as well keep her for now !
    Bloody rent day again tomorrow------told you before, it always seems to be Thursday -------either yesterday or tomorrow ?

9. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	8 
Size:	412.7 KB 
ID:	353394Click image for larger version. 

Views:	7 
Size:	261.4 KB 
ID:	353395Click image for larger version. 

Views:	8 
Size:	423.7 KB 
ID:	353396

Louis Armstrong and Glenn Miller-------where the hell are you when I need you?
    Today, I could really " MAKE YOUR DAY" !
    Treasures from the recycling facility ( scrap yard).

Clanky old pillar drill now runs like a sewing machine with a silencer,
    Today I ate bear !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's another Thursday outa the way------did the boot sale-------not many stalls, or people. Usually manage to pick up a rake of gear for next to nothing. Didn't fare too badly at all and I didn't have to dig deep.
    Did a revamp in the workshop, gained a little more room, shifted out my big ole grinder and installed a quiet little scintilla machine.
    Remember the brass and silver wind instruments I picked up at the "Facility" -----put em on eBay and hit pay dirt, they just went through the roof.
    Looks like there are half a dozen people fighting for them-------bad news for some------but I'm going to be eating bear for the next week.

Taking my two youngest girls out on the Sunseeker tomorrow ------maybe do the island or just a gentle meander up the river, play it by ear and see what transpires .
    Time I got off the helter skelter and stopped to smell the roses--------if I'm not careful, I will rush all the way up my own rectum and dissapear before I really start out on life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot it's the last bank holiday of the year,, SAMs an hour late due to heavy traffic, we'd better stay out till late------all the mad bastard boating fraternity will be putting to sea today!
    Sennd you a piccie or two before bed time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Sennd you a piccie or two before bed time.
    So where's the piccie's ? It's only 3:30 AM 'cross the Pond.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    So where's the piccie's ? It's only 3:30 AM 'cross the Pond.
    ...he fell asleep in his soup...hours ago...lol.

16. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about that Roger_______just once or twice in your life, if you are very fortunate-------you get a"Perfect" day------------yesterday, it was my turn !
    Climbed into bed and just needed sleep-------totally knackered------overslept this morning, which is something I never do---------late for the facility--------got my knickers in one hell of a twist, so you'll just have to wait a while. Right now it's 'Blusion time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a hell of a lot to say, but I'm fresh outa time-------thought I got off the roller coaster only to find I landed on the space shuttle !
    When today is over and I have an hour to myself, I'll tell you all about yesterday first, then today later on. Up to my fetlocks in happenings at he minute!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, where do I begin?
    Friday morning, decided to give my middle daughter Kimmy a surprise--------told I would take her and Sam my youngest down to Hamble for a ride on the Sunseeker .---------Fishie was already moored on the jetty when we arrived along with my sister Ange and niece Vicky.
    We cast off at noon and headed out into the Solent-------saw three or four of the "Cowes Torquay" contestants rushing up and down at a rapid rate of knots-------water was reasonable calm, just a tad SLOPPY due to the hundreds of craft doing what they do! Oil tankers, cross channel ferries, cruise liners, fishermen, made all a bit more friendly due to it being the nicest day of the year and the last bank holiday of 2016 . Everybody who ever had a canoe or an inflatable tyre decided to put to sea on Friday.
    Fishie knocked the throttle back to 20/22 knots and we cracked open the first bottle of Lanson, turned up the volume and had a goodly helping of Pink Floyd---------not a breath of wind which is highly unusual for this stretch of water.
    Headed for Cowes and up the river Medina-------lost most of the Jolly Roger brigade and moored up at the "FOLLY" ------took the water taxi to the restaurant (that's a feckin licence to print money if ever there was one).
    Was my treat today-------excellent meal, me myself had scampi and skinny fries swilled down with a glass of Guinness. Stayed there for most of the afternoon------- almost silent, aircraft over the Isle Of Wight are usually at 39,000' so unless your laid out on the grass, you tend not to notice them.
    We cruised back to Hamble nice and easy, cracked open two more bottles of champers,landed around 6 pm, the girls wanted a dip in the pool and the Barbie was waiting for the burgers ---sausages and chicken back home.
    Not much traffic, an absolute stonker of an evening, did a great job playing chef, even though I say it myself.
    Great day, nobody wanted the day to end, so by the time everyone had gone home, all I wanted was shedloads of sleep?
    Heres what I did yesterday----------enjoyed it-------notice that blue sky-------how about the cool dude shades Rich?
    tell you about today tomorrow------or the next day, I promise you will love the Raveau and the 800 !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Page 309 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 209 259 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 359 409 809 ... LastLast