Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    John, The 150Merc has a large prop hub and the V8 is large enough too, for the 5mm screw that Jackie is using. The V6 Merc is probably the best one. I got the life-jackets off ebay I think. The 55Hw/stacks is Terry's rendition of the Quincy deflector. He actually measured my stacks off C202, so I made a cover set to match the model. Brought the motor to the Mt. Dora ACBS show to announce the availability of the Deflector model.

Attachment 332321
    Roger, I just checked my Merc V-6 offshore & that prop will work on my OMC Moli Jackie made with the 5mm shaft. The 2nd one he did has an 8mm shaft so it won't work on it. I'll get a larger prop for it then cut down the diameter. If you are successful in getting some clevers from Terry I sure would like one.

Thanks, John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Schubert View Post
    Roger, I just checked my Merc V-6 offshore & that prop will work on my OMC Moli Jackie made with the 5mm shaft. The 2nd one he did has an 8mm shaft so it won't work on it. I'll get a larger prop for it then cut down the diameter. If you are successful in getting some clevers from Terry I sure would like one.

Thanks, John
    Largest size prop shaft I ever made John was 6mm------they build bridges and battleships with 8mm.nuts and bolts !
    As Roger says most of the motors have 5mm prop shafts . As I get more ambitious, I will get less agricultural.
    I am pretty sure someone out there has a rake of props at a reasonable price-----trick is, finding the elusive little buggers!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Largest size prop shaft I ever made John was 6mm------they build bridges and battleships with 8mm.nuts and bolts !
    As Roger says most of the motors have 5mm prop shafts . As I get more ambitious, I will get less agricultural.
    I am pretty sure someone out there has a rake of props at a reasonable price-----trick is, finding the elusive little buggers!
    My mistake, one has the M5 the other is an M6 which is close to 1/4". For size purposes I installed a nut which obviously is an M6 which measures 10mm & my 10mm wrench left over from my Konig days fit perfectly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joined the regular Saturday people today------lived the life of a bean-----a human being------I've been one of them all day, and you know what------I kinda liked it.
    Went to find the steel for the vapour trail-----couldn't find what I was looking for so I just left it for another day.
    Jilly decided she wanted to see the Arts and Craft Fair at Midhurst, she needed to stop off at the post office, then the bakers, then the newsagent. Took us nearly an hour to get to the college where the exhibition was located.
    Was well worth the trip, some fine craftsmen with beautiful items for sale at ridiculous prices-----seems the less you do to something , the more expensive it becomes------saw some very exciting engraving----asked the guy how he did it and what chisels and how did he keep an edge-------turns out, he didn't do it--------he sends it OUT to be LASER CUT.

Had my daily nap, went into the shop and turned up the new axle------the one that allows me to fit mud guards.
    Watced Qualifying for the Abu Dahbi F1 --------Hamiltons gone off the boil, no longer hungry.
    Bernie better get his Arse in gear and get some RACING for next year or there's one good ole boy who will be watching village soccer.
    maybe they could put on master chef, the bake off, Nigella. and F1 at the same time, bet you a pound to a pincha Nigella would get the highest ratings------guys go all of a quiver when she gets baking powder all over her bosom.
    Talk to you tomorrow---- I'm rambling again, MYGGWY .J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stayed up late watching all the sport results, these remote TV clickers do tend to make you a tad idle .
    Looks like we might have a crack at winning the Davis Cup for tennis, the Murray boys did a splendid job-----eighty years since we last won it!
    Its chucking it down this morning-----I have to pop off down to the paper shop and pick up the Sunday comics------General knowledge Crossy is an absolute must in this house!
    If I get to stitch the mudguards on to the trailer later today I might just post a piccie. No doubt about it, a half decent trailer is the making of a "Concept" COSWORTH .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt about it, a half decent trailer is the making of a "Concept" COSWORTH .
    I think that the original trailer that the Cosworth was sitting on was perfect. I don't know how you can improve on that?

By the way, I have a place reserved under my Christmas tree for the Cosworth on the original trailer...ho..ho..ho

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    I think that the original trailer that the Cosworth was sitting on was perfect. I don't know how you can improve on that?

By the way, I have a place reserved under my Christmas tree for the Cosworth on the original trailer...ho..ho..ho
    Bob, the trailer looked the bees knees under the second effort, I just had to make another one for the original-------as in all things, I get better as I go along.
    Took a couple or four phoggies of the pair of them on the coffee table, will possibly put the COSWORTH label on the original.
    For a middling remuneration, one of 'em could be found Christmas morning under the tree, oh yes, postage is around the $50 mark, anywhere in the USA .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob, the trailer looked the bees knees under the second effort, I just had to make another one for the original-------as in all things, I get better as I go along.
    Took a couple or four phoggies of the pair of them on the coffee table, will possibly put the COSWORTH label on the original.
    For a middling remuneration, one of 'em could be found Christmas morning under the tree, oh yes, postage is around the $50 mark, anywhere in the USA .
    Jackie, the one that has my attention is the one with Cosworth on the cowl. I missed if that is the original or if the ET2 is the original ?
    Last edited by Bob V; 11-29-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one with the COSWORTH logo on the cowl was my. Second effort------my original attempt was the one with the brass pipes--------told you I get better as I trundle along.
    Will probably tear out the centre section and do a whole new cockpit, rear cowl , always thought it should have a set of eight trumpet intakes on top of the motor. This means I have to do a COSWORTH motor which opens up a whole new can of worms-----not least, am I capable ?
    Well, I don't have anything planned for the next week or two.
    See how the gastric juices are flowing in the morning----need something to light my candle-----all a bit lethargic at the moment.

could not watch the parade of F1 cars circumnavigating in Abu Dhabi ------I've seen kids on go carts that were more competitive------was almost obscene to peruse.

Switched channels and watched the final day of the Davis cup-----much more to my liking-----real David and Goliath stuff. It may have taken eighty years to get there but well done the Murray boys for bringing home the bacon.!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am NOT an engineer-------I have a middle of the road South Bend engineers lathe-------I'm slowly learning how to use it--------think I can spin up eight intakes, block, cam covers and exhaust pipes may take a little longer. If I try for too clever, I know I'll screw up, so simple and easy will have to do for the first effort. Heads been full of " how the hell do I do that " all evening !

Had a real nice easy day----just me, Murphy and Jilly, back to normality, even had time for a Martini at lunch time, long time since that happened.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks, and thanks to all my friends for "Being There". MYGGWY .J.

11. Thanks shadowcat thanked for this post
    Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I only went and did it-------was out in the shop, crack-o-sparrow, delving through the odd few billets of alluminium under the bench, came across a chunk of 3"X2" X12" ------sawed off a 4" lump and we're in business.
    Buggered up another saw blade shaping up something along the lines of a V8, clever bit is to cobble up a concept that bears some sort of resemblance to the original! Sort of thing that reminds you of something but Ill be damned if I can remember what.
    I Got four of the intakes spun up------may do a progress piccy later in the day-----right now it's ZUZZ time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windemere Grand Prix 1973

[QUOTE. Hi Jackie I bet Rotary John remembers this race well.

I didn't make OFF this year. The store I work at burned down and I am helping out trying to put things back together. .[/QUOTE] Hi John I expected to see you at this years OFF event I did bring some old photos to let you peruse over but as you couldn`t attend I am posting them here.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	355.7 KB 
ID:	332465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001 (5).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	354.6 KB 
ID:	332466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002 (3).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	357.3 KB 
ID:	332467
    Last edited by STEVERINO; 11-30-2015 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Missed something out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one with the COSWORTH logo on the cowl was my. Second effort------my original attempt was the one with the brass pipes--------told you I get better as I trundle along.
    Will probably tear out the centre section and do a whole new cockpit, rear cowl , always thought it should have a set of eight trumpet intakes on top of the motor. This means I have to do a COSWORTH motor which opens up a whole new can of worms-----not least, am I capable ?
    Well, I don't have anything planned for the next week or two.
    See how the gastric juices are flowing in the morning----need something to light my candle-----all a bit lethargic at the moment.

could not watch the parade of F1 cars circumnavigating in Abu Dhabi ------I've seen kids on go carts that were more competitive------was almost obscene to peruse.

Switched channels and watched the final day of the Davis cup-----much more to my liking-----real David and Goliath stuff. It may have taken eighty years to get there but well done the Murray boys for bringing home the bacon.!

Jackie...Down near your parish Bogner in fact..... is a place called SQUIRES TOOLS & MATERIALS....if you are not familiar with them already give 'em a google....lots of things to bend headers with just like Mike Randall did (well not quite he used sand).And a bunch
    of other usefull stuff for folks who make models.......

If you need a catalogue i'll send you mine.. Phill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post
    [QUOTE

I didn't make OFF this year. The store I work at burned down and I am helping out trying to put things back together. .
    Hi John I expected to see you at this years OFF event I did bring some old photos to let you peruse over but as you couldn`t attend I am posting them here.Click image for larger version. 

Thanks. Looks like Posey in the driver seat and Downard on the deck. Can't tell who's driving on #3.[/QUOTE]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Hi John I expected to see you at this years OFF event I did bring some old photos to let you peruse over but as you couldn`t attend I am posting them here.Click image for larger version. 

Thanks. Looks like Posey in the driver seat and Downard on the deck. Can't tell who's driving on #3.
    [/QUOTE]
    Look how far the engine is tucked under in shot #3. Boats couldn't handle the power at that time.

Page 220 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 120 170 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 270 320 720 1220 ... LastLast