Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been cooking with gas today !!!
    Whilst looking through the "LAKE X FILES" Mark came across the secret drawings of the Mercury ROTORY------To cut to the chase, I got them today------saw them ------peed my pants and set about making a pair of "concept motors" . Will post a piccy tonight, worth waiting for even though it's me that's saying it.----------j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Whilst looking through the "LAKE X FILES" Mark came across the secret drawings of the Mercury ROTORY------To cut to the chase, I got them today------saw them ------peed my pants and set about making a pair of "concept motors" . Will post a piccy tonight, worth waiting for even though it's me that's saying it.----------j.
    If I recall correctly, Ben Shafer was in charge of the program and a young engineer who left OMC was working on it. I think it was 20HP or so. Love to see the drawings.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new house 003.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	418.3 KB 
ID:	315788

ID:	315788Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new house 005.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	418.2 KB 
ID:	315789

Jackie: Here's a rotary model all done. If you promise to put it on a boat, I'll send it to you.
    Also, notice the styling similarity to the new G-2 E-Tech.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post

ID:	315788

ID:	315788Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new house 005.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	418.2 KB 
ID:	315789

Jackie: Here's a rotary model all done. If you promise to put it on a boat, I'll send it to you.
    Also, notice the styling similarity to the new G-2 E-Tech.
    Johno, send me a picture of the boat you would like to see the ROTORY on, I'll make it for you and we'll meet at Tavares in November----------------you can mount the motor on the transom.

What in the name of Sweet Jesus is a G stroke 2 E stroke TECH--------in our day they were, SILO, TWISTER, T 1/2/3/4, drivers are simple beings who do not " Multi task " well------on any given day at any race you care to mention at least 10% of them will be left on the dock, simply because the never connected the kill switch.
    Guess the companies are vying for a different type of consumer these days.
    Who in the world is depressed enough to stick three or four 300/400 HP outboards on a transom and go fishing. ( Sad Bastards)

Did take a couple of pictures of today's efforts with a couple of outboards for Rich's wing, left the bloody camera in the workshop------duh! -----dingleberry!----put it down to old age, senelity, dementure----whatever, there's no way I am getting out of my nice warm bed to retrieve the Kodak, It's bloody freezing out there tonight, you'll just have to wait 'till tomorrow.
    Jonno, tell me the height of the ROTORY and I will have a crack at copying it, remember it will only be " Concept " I'm crap at exact and accurate-------I only do near and similar------it's fine if you don't look too closely.

Its approaching the witching hour, high time I was with noddy and the tooth fairy, MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie
    I heard that the g2 e-tec is made for the transformer generation, I guess thats those born in 70's?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    Jackie
    I heard that the g2 e-tec is made for the transformer generation, I guess thats those born in 70's?
    Beats the hell OUTA me Pilgrim-------thought it meant they were ROBOTICAL? Like obi kenobi, Clinton and Pinnoccio.
    anyway those born in 1970's would have been GRANDCHILDREN !
    Time to rock, off to the car boot sale at Ford Airfield-----see if I can get my touch back again, put it down somewhere, Damned if I can remember where !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't forget your camera, we need pics. to decipher the ramblin. when you say each other, you talkin about the shop! I usually have a little ceremony at the firepit for my old stinkin workboots! I figure a worn out pair of boots earned me 50g's! and don't forget your camera!

don't forget your camera!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	397.0 KB 
ID:	315851Click image for larger version. 

Views:	24 
Size:	415.9 KB 
ID:	315852Click image for larger version. 

Views:	25 
Size:	408.2 KB 
ID:	315853Click image for larger version. 

Size:	423.8 KB 
ID:	315854Click image for larger version. 

Views:	19 
Size:	409.6 KB 
ID:	315855

This is is the wing I made out of some very old English Yew.
    Its finished until the final assembly before shipping.
    It still needs a number and a paint job.
    Am quite chuffed with the outcome, very presentable if you don't look too closely.
    Was Rich who asked me in Tavares last November if I would be interested in making him a trophy-----thought about what might suit him for a couple of months before I came up with this one.
    Wasnt 'till we saw the drawings of the Mercury Wankel that lit my candle----it was just so tall and thin and elegant and beautiful, with pipes-----every inch a racer. My efforts don't do the drawings justice-------sh-tty phoggies don't help help it none either.
    Last page of the Lake X files says it could never be a production motor, due to the prohibitive cost----(would probably have bankrupt the company)

Took the camera with me Don, how did I do?

Suddenly got the urge to do an all black wing----cut the sponsons tonight ----they're waiting for me to start operating tomorrow morning. Wonder whether it should have a pair of straight sixes, with or without pipes-----or maybe a pair of V sixes-----Mercs or Johnrudes?. Maybe a pair of JONRUDE ROTORIES Refuse to do a TRAILOR-----will mount it on a suitable base so it looks the biz when it's done. Kenny , if your interested, drop me a line with your power choice, ( anyone else can make suggestions, if you feel that way inclined)

Did get a couple of nice Jack Daniels "Birdie bottles"------(hip flask to non golfers). At the car boot sale , --starting to get the OFF Trophies lined up for November

Damned if it ain't always Thursday or near midnight g'night folks, MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Size:	397.0 KB 
ID:	315851Click image for larger version. 

Views:	24 
Size:	415.9 KB 
ID:	315852Click image for larger version. 

Views:	25 
Size:	408.2 KB 
ID:	315853Click image for larger version. 

Size:	423.8 KB 
ID:	315854Click image for larger version. 

Views:	19 
Size:	409.6 KB 
ID:	315855

This is is the wing I made out of some very old English Yew.
    Its finished until the final assembly before shipping.
    It still needs a number and a paint job.
    Am quite chuffed with the outcome, very presentable if you don't look too closely.
    Was Rich who asked me in Tavares last November if I would be interested in making him a trophy-----thought about what might suit him for a couple of months before I came up with this one.
    Wasnt 'till we saw the drawings of the Mercury Wankel that lit my candle----it was just so tall and thin and elegant and beautiful, with pipes-----every inch a racer. My efforts don't do the drawings justice-------sh-tty phoggies don't help help it none either.
    Last page of the Lake X files says it could never be a production motor, due to the prohibitive cost----(would probably have bankrupt the company)

Took the camera with me Don, how did I do?

Suddenly got the urge to do an all black wing----cut the sponsons tonight ----they're waiting for me to start operating tomorrow morning. Wonder whether it should have a pair of straight sixes, with or without pipes-----or maybe a pair of V sixes-----Mercs or Johnrudes?. Maybe a pair of JONRUDE ROTORIES Refuse to do a TRAILOR-----will mount it on a suitable base so it looks the biz when it's done. Kenny , if your interested, drop me a line with your power choice, ( anyone else can make suggestions, if you feel that way inclined)

Did get a couple of nice Jack Daniels "Birdie bottles"------(hip flask to non golfers). At the car boot sale , --starting to get the OFF Trophies lined up for November

Damned if it ain't always Thursday or near midnight g'night folks, MYGGWY.J.
    That thing is beautiful.... number should be either 700 or 7000 after the two most iconic wooden Switzer wings....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wing-skyway.jpg  
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I only do CONCEPTS Rich but I think I could do something a bit nearer the mark!
    Why does the 7000 look totally different-------is it because the canopy has been made to blend in with the hull?
    Was it a black and white paint job?
    Will look it up on the "dot-dot" (as my sister Ange calls it)! See if I can get an imprint imaged into my mind,-------better do it soon as Jilly insists I am loosing it rapidly!

Do hate to see walnut painted-------may have to start afresh with a chunk of two by four pine or Douglas fir, (fairly close grained softwood) it takes paint well.
    Piece I cut out last night is about 12"-----will be a good starting point--------I'll just fiddle-fart and see what transpires! Something always does.
    Just turned 6am ---made Jilly her coffee and me tea----took the little white job, got meself all of a quiver , made the decision, will do the next one as 7000 and see what that turns out like before we decide what to do with your trophy boat, how 'bout that?
    Every day spent in the shop means the hands are getting exercise-----they get untwisted from the sleeping hours of none use-----just got to find a way of stopping the sunspots! Catch you later.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really haulin mail today------things clicked and came together like clockwork-----a couple of things I would do different on the next wing. Could have a prog piccie by tonight, had four and a half hours in the shop already and didn't waste a single minute. Way to go.
    Was brought right back down to earth by an old friend , quote: Steady on Jackielad! Not too many ROTORIES-------you'll be known as "wankel wilson"---------at least, that's what I think he said!?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Wankel Wilson" has a really nice ring to it! Might keep you going "round & round" for awhile longer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    "Wankel Wilson" has a really nice ring to it! Might keep you going "round & round" for awhile longer.
    Thanks a bunch Johnno! There's got to be something about you I like, but I'm Damned if I can remember what it was.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No piccies----needed to get a white primer coat on the sponsons and a black primer on the motors so it's all dismantled. Used a pair of straight sixes from the scrap box, decided to try for the 7000 in white with black motors------so far , so good. Will need half a dozen coats of paint and a couple of filler coats before it starts to look half tidy, it takes so long that's why I hardly ever use paint on a piece. That's the trouble with doing a trial piece------takes longer than the final piece, but I do learn from all the mistakes and can speed things up for the real McCoy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mostly talking to myself these days, don't anyone want to come out and play? One or two showed an
    interest but folk are mostly getting geared up for the weekend---------me myself will be out in the shed fiddling with bits and pieces until something finally comes to light , Saturday or Sunday, makes no difference to me, one day is totally different from another, always something to do, something to look forward to.
    Learning more about the iPad and the marvellous things it's capable of, clever bit is learning what makes it tick ----amazing that little thing-------Jilly says its a good job it can't cook or screw!

Not heard much from abroad this week-----think the March meet in Tavares is any time soon!
    Less than two weeks and I should get my license back, time passes quickly when you're having fun.

its only 10:30 but I've had enough----talk. Some tomorrow G'night MYGGWY.J.

Page 127 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 27 77 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 177 227 627 1127 ... LastLast