User Tag List

Page 71 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 21 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 121 171 571 1071 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 18756
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning old people and young too if you feel like joining in. I had a great time in Scotland, that's another tick in the wish list .
    Got another one to strike off when I don't have to travel "cattle class" to Florida !!!
    Bought a couple of amelites in Scotland that I want to incorporate into a wood and steel piece, got the idea last night, went into the workshop, foraged for a piece of wood, and then delved into the scrap S/S basket, forgot I had my Sunday best on and got soundly chastised for getting sawdust and filings all over the hog market .
    Monday morning as the M&P's used to say, another day, another dollar, let's greet it head on and make the most of it, will tell you tonight if I was successful or not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor old Phil Mich----all he did was tell Watson, "You cocked up matey" ( Which he did") and as senior member of the US Ryder cup team that was his goddam right to do so. Now the press are crucifying the guy. Come on people, we can all make mistakes but it really gets compounded when you're the USA Ryder cup captain. Time to stand up and be counted Tom Watson, don't shift the blame onto the guy who was trying his best and had just duffed up the world number one and all he wanted was a chance to get at those damned Europeans . If the USA stands any chance in 2016 of getting the Ryder cup back--------you need guys with the passion of PHIL MICHELSON and that cocky rookie upstart Patrick Reed, that's what you need, golfers with ATTITUDE, let's face it, most of the team just went along for the ride, they played like "Plonkers" .
    Would not have normally commented on this but I feel very strongly that the press are looking for a scapegoat and it should not be P/M.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been in the shop all day beavering away quietly, pulled the last off cut of French oak, took a 7" Ammonite and polished up a Stainless base for it all, routered and chiseled the oak to fit the Ammonite, glassed it in and whitened the wood ready for finishing. Bet you thought you might see a piccie--------but you won't ------I took the piccies, but I've lost the card reader to download the damn things, what a dingleberry
    Will go out and buy another, they're as cheap as chips these days!!
    Enjoyed today, no interruptions, Sam is otherwise engaged playing the Gleneagles course, so I don't expect a call till later in the week. Tomorrow looks set fair for another good day, the Indian summer is set for another week of sunshine. Have to think about closing the pool down for the winter, picked another load of apples and the last of the pears.
    Thought the lawn had been cut for the last time two weeks ago but it looks like a bloody hayfield at the minute, it's grown like it was May.
    Craig and Gary were up at Clearwater with the GIECO team over the weekend, talked to Mark on the "Dot-Dot" Sunday morning, he was heading back to Stuart, didn't stay to watch the race, he said it was a two horse race ---winner would be the one that didn't break.
    If anyone has the results I could be interested. Rambled long enough, G'night peeps, MYGGWY . J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you BobV, could not have wished for a better report, Big boys have a long way to go yet in the reliability field-------seems to me, if you finish, you win!!

Well, it happened, see the world's "SPORTS" press are throwing the kitchen sink at Phil Mich for trying to WIN the Ryder cup!!
    Headlines like "Will never captain the US team"., guess the old brigade carry the clout.
    Was only a week ago P/M was quoted as being and I quote-----"The Nicest Guy On The Golf Course"
    Hero to villain in the blink of an eye-----friggin marvellous 'ain't it?
    Time for Watson to stand up and be counted before you lose the ONLY man who COULD WIN THE RYDER CUP AGAIN. (Possibly).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam just got back from Gleneagles and proceeded to give me a long lesson on the game of golf and the Ryder Cup in particular.
    Watson called it right and Europe was having a hard time holding the USA with them holding the advantage.
    Phil Mich was feeling the cold and word had it the arthritis in his hand was exceedingly painful.
    The two of them were seen talking together for long periods along with Jack N. Watson was trying to protect his star player!!!
    Watson was a true gentleman and was loved by the European sector, I was told he did a great job but was unfortunate to come up against one of the all time great golf teams.
    Sam reckons I owe Tom Watson a full apology and to keep gob well shut in future--------so be it.
    I got it wrong-------sorry to Tom Watson.

will do the piccies later tonight.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	402.2 KB 
ID:	307031Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11 
Size:	414.3 KB 
ID:	307033

Take the last oak off cut and an ammonite from 11 million years ago tidy up the wood, lime it, then put a baby's bum finish on it ------dig a hole to fit the rock in-------glue it in place, then mount it on a highly polished S/S base, then make the whole thing sparkle. That's the left picture before the start of proceedings.
    Only got one coat on it today, will put another two or three on it before I show you the finished article.
    Second picture is the old farts golfing trophy-----spent the MORNING cleaning it up for the first time in nearly fifty years-----now you can see it's a black marble base.
    Thats my trick for today------how 'bout you guys, what did you do today? Bugs bite, MYGGWY . J.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a really good read in the Molinari History thread----i'm involved in far too many threads on S&F, so decided to give commenting on South Africa a miss------if I'm going to get pissed on from a dizzy height it might as well be on my own thread. Loch Vaal was part of the 1984 FONDA series-----i think the turnout was 22 boats- We all arrived in Jo'burg and were immediately whisked off to the TV studios for interviews , turned out they wanted to interview Peter Ericson the swedish driver---- it was a propaganda exercise----there was a lot of unrest in S/A at that time. Peter Lindenberg was a most magnificent host and opened up his home for a day, drivers went skiing and boating from his own river frontage. Will always remember Parkinson at drivers meeting pulling his "Croc Stick" stunt -----told all the drivers it was crucial to carry a 15" CROC STICK at all times , just in case you landed in the water------------Jonathan Jones turned white and said, What good is the stick when you have a 20' crocodile coming at you, -----Parkinson said to Jonesy-----Just as the croc is coming to take a bite at you hold the stick out in front of you , said beastie bites down hard embeds the stick in its mouth rendering it a useless animal Jonesy near fainted.
    Was a great place to race and the hosts really looked after us, Jimmy Hauenstein turned up out of the blue, said he wanted to get to S/A without paying a red cent to do so, claimed he just walked onto the plane and was put in first class. He financed the best Barbie i have ever been to.
    Roger Jenkins turned up with a 2 litre OMC rig (have no idea where he got it from) stated on TV he could beat this lot with one hand tied behind his back-- as usual the thing didn't last the first heat.
    Murray Walker came along to do the commentating and i reminded him of the time he made me a "SOMEBODY" that was Bristol in 1978 when i raced the Cosworth for the first time and shot off into the lead. he knew all the OMC and MERCURY drivers but didn't know me and he yelled onto the mike "SOMEBODY IS IN THE LEAD" so from nobody to somebody was a huge leap for mankind.
    My one regret was that i never went with Jimmy Hauenstein on the BLUE TRAIN to Jo'burg.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie - I have been hunting for two days to find you some pictures of Qatar going over here in Clearwater. I guess it happened so fast that very few were able to catch it on camera. Here is the best that I could find...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Qatar 1.jpg   Qatar 2.jpg   Qatar 3.jpg   Qatar.jpg  
    Last edited by Bob V; 10-01-2014 at 07:53 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't Stevie Curtis push throttle for "QATAR" ? Once saw him do a similar thing just after the finish in St.Trop. winning boat did a hard right in front of Steve , he tried to avoid an incident and flipped on the finish line, i was standing with his mum and my son Mark, gave his mum a bit of a flutter.
    Those are the only piccies I've seen of the roll. Thank you once again Bob V.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the bit about the Blue train Arse backwards-------should read FROM Jo'burg to CAPE TOWN.SORRRRREEEEEEEE.Dingleberry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	5 
Size:	420.0 KB 
ID:	307091

There's the finished article----four coats of yacht varnish----don't have the time to do fifteen coats of wax, still don't know that I like white liming a nice piece of oak, seems a bit superficial somehow and I'm not sure I would ever do it again.
    Do like farting about with fossils-----goes so well with polished stainless and a nice piece of wood.
    Was going to put the two ammonites in as well but the wood is not exotic enough, saving them till I come across the right piece

Went down to Southampton to see my sister-----she had dismantled her outdoor Barbie area, she's having a massive extension put full length of the house and had four 3metre long lengths of triple polycarbonate going begging------tied em on top of the trusty Lexus, brought ' em home and started to cover the passage at the back of the workshop. As you know, space is at a premium in the shop, this way I can keep all my timber under cover, took a piccy to show you what I mean.
    That should suffice for tonight, tomorrow I will tell you the sad and sorry story of how I came to bend the beloved Lexus-----too upset to talk about it right now, second time in 65 years of driving that I dented a car, really pissed me off I can tell you, have a calm and peaceful night, MYGGWY.J.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post
    Doesn't Stevie Curtis push throttle for "QATAR" ? Once saw him do a similar thing just after the finish in St.Trop. winning boat did a hard right in front of Steve , he tried to avoid an incident and flipped on the finish line, i was standing with his mum and my son Mark, gave his mum a bit of a flutter.
    Those are the only piccies I've seen of the roll. Thank you once again Bob V.
    There are a bunch of Qatar boats.....seems the Sheik's budget won't fit into one race boat....The photo's show Bobby Moore's son, Billy, doing the inward jacknife with a three quarter turn. I believe even the Russian judges gave him a 9.5.
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the video of Spirit of Qatar going over. If you don't want to watch the whole race you can slide the fast forward button to 22:10 and see it happen.

http://new.livestream.com/sbi/clearwater2014

Page 71 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 21 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 121 171 571 1071 ... LastLast