User Tag List

Page 52 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 2 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 102 152 552 1052 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been one hell of a long day----left crack-o-sparrow to drive the 200 miles and collect a couple of grand kids , that's why I couldn't hang about on the I pad this morning, more than my life was worth to be late.
    Took about four hours, this is the busiest weekend of the year on England's roads, first weekend of the kids summer break, no traffic on the way down, but the idiots were out in force on the return leg.
    Arrived back in time for lunch and a dip in the pool, then time to watch the Hungarian GP.
    Hamilton started from the pit lane in P23 ---had a bit of luck and a good pit call, a scintillating drive that was great to watch ----all the way up to second-----
    Now the Krauts have taken great pains to tell the world "there are no team orders, both drivers are free to race"---so forgive me for asking-----if that's a fact, then why did the management order Lewis to MOVE OVER AND LET NICO THROUGH, He's in second place fair and square, what on earth is going on?
    Funny how it's only Hamilton's car that just happens to have fires and brake failures and then told to move over, but then it becomes abundantly clear when Vettel is the Mercedes choice for next year, making it an all Kraut line up.
    Look back through F1 history, engine makers last up front for about 3years before the next successful marque takes over, in recent years, Ferrari, Honda,Cosworth, Renault, Mercedes,---
    Looks like Honda are coming back in, Audi must be thinking about dipping their toes in the water before long.
    Bet you Ferrari will be making advances for Lewis----Riakenen has to go---he's had his day, new boys are already coming in---Danny Ricardo, gotta be a future world champ.
    Third was good damage limitation, but it could have been even better!
    Ive been rabbiting on as usual, told you very little about what me myself was up to, will try and put the balance right tomorrow-----MYGGWY . J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jilly took the kids to see the Flying Fortress at Ford aerodrome----it's in a huge hanger and has been made into a kids paradise----seen it a few times myself so I backed out of the trip and locked myself in the shop. Once I got into the swing of things again, everything just clicked into place and the ideas kept coming.
    Still have tons of spalted beech at my disposal so I decided that all my old friends should have a " Halen -Gar" in one guise or another----show you the results at the end of the week.
    Cameron decides to freeze Ruski money, Putin cancels the arms program', British firms protest,, so it's checkmate at the minute.
    Trouble is the rest of Europe are chicken and won't upset the status quo, so Cameron is out on a limb but has no teeth and is chewing with his gums.
    Obama is breathing heavy but doing nothing.
    Merkel is waiting to make a move----as usual.
    French are finding another bonking bird for the first minister so we do not have a situation bien-sur.
    Temp dropped dramatically and we had thunderstorms and hailstones today, nobody used the pool.
    Ungrateful little buggers----they can go to Fishers Farm tomorrow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup the kids are off to the animal farm and according to her who shall be obeyed -----I am driving them there, to Wisborough Green.
    Dont mind really, means I can drop them off, then go see my old friend Bill Mouland ( one of the worlds top wood turners ) in Kirdford.
    He still has a set of planer blades I dropped off last time I visited him, will take out my current set and leave them with him.
    No time left, have to jump up quickly -----whip has been cracked!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad day today, went to see Bill, but he was in a chair which he occupies from the time he gets up in a morning to when he goes to bed at night----gets taken upstairs in a Stenna lift and can just make the bathroom and then bed.
    Never gets out into the workshop any more-----hes 91, but don't look like he'll make 92.
    Left after a couple of hours and for the first time ever he didn't see me off the premises.
    Picked the kids up from animal farm and was home by 3. Went in the shop 'till 5 but didn't have much heart in what i was doing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was killing time waiting for my son Mark to call me back on FaceTime. i called him , but he was in the middle of prop bashing and said i'll call you back in ten minutes, thats how come i got to reading about some poor guy in London [on S&F] who had a muslim family living next door who were prayer wailing through a loud speaker. Police could do bugger all as it was not PC to interfere.
    Let me tell you about my early life as a youngster, born and bred in BRADFORD a large woollen town [now a city] my grandad , then my father were bakers and had shops in Bingley and Bradford, i served my apprenticeship as a baker and by the time i was 18 i was a master baker and had city and guilds etc, etc, Was the best at icing a wedding cake and could spin a galleon out of sugar, oh yes i was 18 with a very big head and knew everything. Left Bradford and moved south My tutor had a shop in Manningham lane ,today you would be hard put to find a white person anywhere in the area. They came to work in the mills originally "PAKIS" we called them, six to a room, worked night and day, bought the house, sent for their mums ,dads, grandma's and granddads, nephews and nieces, uncles and aunts, brothers and sisters, neighbours and acquaintances
    The populace in the city was totally white in 1948 with the first Pakistani yet to make an appearance. Today the population is 90% Indian and Pakistan, More mosques than churches------all the schools teach English as a SECOND language-----Muslim run town council with a Black mayor.
    Transport [buses] totally run by Pakistanis. If i go on , you will think i am biased------not the case------i left for pastures greener for a life i chose, my decision-----nobody forced me ----i did not like what happened in my home town----so i left.
    It took 60 years to do this---------it could not happen--------but it did-------i don't even know WHY i am telling you this-----maybe because its happening again all over the civilised world.
    Seems to me these people don't like the west but want to be part of it-----or destroy it ---i don't know ---i don't have any answers.
    We used to have the odd PROSSIE [prostitute] in Bradford-----but its now PC to call them SEX WORKERS> heavens to murgatroyd ---whatever next? S'enough for today, MYGGWY.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the aliens want to come to the west and make it theirs and screw whoever doesn't like it. Just like our ancestors did.
    Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished all the Halen-Gar trolls, they all had 3 coats of yacht varnish, and thats all they are going to get, some are off to Sweden, Some to France ---And a couple to the USA. 'Twas fun while it lasted----i enjoyed foraging through the wood pile and shaping the bases , turning the mounts and shaping the trolls.
    Very satisfying to see the colours come out as the varnish brings out the best in the pieces. On to pastures new---car boot sale at Ford aerodrome tomorrow ---have to meet a guy who has a shedload of machinery for sale-just love doing a deal with hard nosed stallholders!!!
    Have arranged with daughter Sam to fly out the golf trophies-----too big and heavy and fragile to put in a suitcase as extra hand luggage------still costs though-------no such thing as a free meal anymore. Wouldn't mind but the old fart golfers are about as enthusiastic as kids eating brussel sprouts.
    We had further invations from another of my daughters [BOO] she brought four more of my great grand sons-------six kids in a pool -----with the one girl screaming like a banshee wailer most of the time, with the boys tormenting the life out of the poor little biddy. After 4 hours of that, i was glad when she took them home---------as my sainted mother used to say ------Nice to see 'em come--------Nicer to see 'em go.
    It's been really hot and sticky and Jilly just called to say it was Pimms o'clock, that takes priority over S&F every time, have a nice day.
    Probably get back to you tonight

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	406.2 KB 
ID:	302572Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	385.8 KB 
ID:	302573Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	385.8 KB 
ID:	302573Some of the stuff I've been busy with over the last week or so. First five are bound for Sweden.
    Second pick is King Cronströmtinople head of the very first ."Bratpack"
    Oh yes----that's my eldest great grandson JACK, he's coming up 14 and is an ACTOR.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really do have to stop being so bloody stupid------every time i go to a car boot sale, i seek out the tool guys and start foraging-----its always the same old crap on a different day, so what do i do, theres a box full of drill bits, we start to haggle and i walk away , guy calls after me and accepts my last offer, i walk off with another 200 drills-------------why the hell did i do that????? i already have a thousand drills, most of which i will never get to use----------it,s because i can.
    Bought a brand new jug and 6 glasses that have PIMMS written all over them, take it home and get a right royal roasting from her indoors, Why did you waste your money on that lot , says she, It only cost £3 i explain, I have been making Pimms for over 40 years and the jug has never let me down yet. Jesus wept------i just can't win, if i had not bought it and told her about it, she would have said, Why did you not buy it-----when i did buy it ,'twas a waste of money anyway!!!!!!!
    Bought myself an adjustable stool with a large backrest, standing at the bench for long periods gives me the eebie--- jeebies, and if anyone asks me why i would buy an adjustable piece of sh-t, i'll quit.

Got a phone call from ROY COOPER [fast on water], turns out they have Phil Rolla's four pointer that Ron Jones built for him in the 60's. It hung in Rolla's workshop for 20 years before he sent it to Kevin Desmond for safe keeping at the Musee Nautique down in Bordeaux. Was down there 'till the town council went belly up and there was no more funding for the place, so it closed and its contents generally disappeared .Rolla's boat wound up at the Basildon Motor boat for the next 10 yrs. They ran out of readies and the place closed, again nobody wanted the stuff and it was dispersed all over the hog market. We got the Cosworth, much of the collection just simply vanished, and LOBRC got the majority.
    Roy told me thatRoy Clarke and his son hired a truck and took all the outboards down to Salcombe in Devon' some 250 of them----they are stored in an underground bunker-----now here's the interesting bit------the property is coming up for sale shortly, but who the hell has room to store 250+ outboards.
    I only found out about this this afternoon----straight from the horses mouth. If anyone is interested i could look into it.
    Now the fate of Rolla's Ron Jones Hydro from the 60's can be decided, I tried to find this boat since Kevin Desmond went to ground.
    There is also a very interesting aluminium hydro from the 1930's made by the Birmingham Alloy co, they also made the motor for this, but that disappeared and was later fitted with a Connaught engine which has also disappeared , the alloy was salt resistant and the reason the hull is still in remarkable shape.
    Been a funny sort of day all round, exiting though don't you think. Y'see, i'm not ALWAYS boring.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie: Go look at BRF, Molinari history. Ron has a link to my Facebook that Lars posted about Paris history. You might even find a picture of you. Be sure to open the link and scan thru all the pictures. There is even a blurb about the rotary leading the Paris 6 hr for 5 1/2 hr and then a carb fell off.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Jackie: Go look at BRF, Molinari history. Ron has a link to my Facebook that Lars posted about Paris history. You might even find a picture of you. Be sure to open the link and scan thru all the pictures. There is even a blurb about the rotary leading the Paris 6 hr for 5 1/2 hr and then a carb fell off.
    Well I went to the site, but found no trace of the ROTORIES or you or me, saw a shed load of Lassie from when he started to when he finished. Great plan of the Paris racecourse and lots of blurb about the new Rudes he's talking care of----obviously did a hell of a lot better job for OMC than I did for mercury.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another week rushed by at a tremendous rate of knots while I wasn't looking, July buggered off into the long distance and August crept in which means in four weeks we'll be into Autumn.
    Damned roller coaster of life seems to be gathering momentum and going ever faster, need to step off it for a while and smell the roses. Off 2014 will be on us before we realise it. Still haven't booked a flight to Florida yet, Looked on line a few times, but the prices seem to have risen dramatically , or is it me?
    Had a chat with Mark yesterday and he told me he put together 30 props for Kevin Desmond's French boat museum, was not best pleased when I told him they all disappeared except one, said it was a complete history of Rolla -----everything from hydro to offshore six blader. TBC.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.facebook.com/john.sheldon.73?fref=ts Jackie: Try this; be sure to open it and page thru the pictures. There are 147 of them.
    John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did as you said, a dozen nice piccies-----no where near 147!!!
    Did tell you I was crap on a 'puter----you can show me at Tavares in November .
    When you getting your new "AMBASSADOR "motors?.

Couple of piccies of what this old fart was up to yesterday
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 52 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 2 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 102 152 552 1052 ... LastLast