Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...Dang Gummitt! I can't believe you figured out who I am! https://youtu.be/3VtPgxPxiK0
    Aw, c'mon Fuji--------you can do better than that------- be like me, stand up and say "MY NAME IS DAVE, I AM A RACEBOATAHOLIC.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O.K... "MY NAME IS SUPER DAVE, I AM A RACEBOATAHOLIC". There. I did it.

3. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O.K... "MY NAME IS SUPER DAVE, I AM A RACEBOATAHOLIC". There. I did it.
    There now-----that wasn't too hard was it-------your half way there-------just get your name right, drop the super hero bit and we're cooking with "Castrol R".l

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	347323Click image for larger version. 

Views:	22 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	347324Click image for larger version. 

Views:	26 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	347325Click image for larger version. 

Views:	20 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	347326

Mark was was up at the Gulf hall of fame yesterday with Billy, "Little Red" and a few more friends.
    Said to tell Mike, "the boat looks good now it's shed the trailer".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Aw, c'mon Fuji--------you can do better than that------- be like me, stand up and say "MY NAME IS DAVE, I AM A RACEBOATAHOLIC.
    ...So your name is Dave too?... This is get'n ta be just like who's on first...
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 06-29-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...So your name is Dave too?... This is get'n ta be just like who's on first...
    It's ok Dave -----"-Apocalypse " is spoken here and we cater for all things------and everyone ! All subjects-----we are INFEKINVINCIBLE------welcome to the club Fuji ! !!!,
    OH, BY THE WAY-------IT HELPS IF YOUR A LITTLE CRAZY.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarasota this weekend-----Craig should get the P1 up and away. Haven't heard he's done any testing since the last outing! If he wants to make an impression, all he has to do is win all six races-----then he's in with a shout.
    i saw a rake of names from the world of power boating hung in the hall of fame.
    Seems to me the APBA and UIM are sparsely represented, could it have something to do with the fact they both have deep pockets and short arms and have a dicky-fit if the subject of cash raises its ugly head?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	347357
    Looks like the last name to make the hall of fame from power boating was a long time ago!
    i could name a couple of deserving cases--------couldn't you?
    Lets throw a couple of names in the hat and see where we go from there!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody Thursday again already, chucking it down, car boot sale day,-------seems like it was only yesterday since last time I was there.
    Last day in the shop for a week. Taking a nostalgic trip to my old stamping grounds-------Harrogate, knaresborough, wetherby, Skipton, , Windermere , Kendal etc.
    Every Sunday, up to twenty of us would jump on our motor cycles and head for the Lake District and leave Bradford far behind for the day-------the milk bar at Skipton was usually the first port of call and Harry Ramsdens at White Cross for fish and chips on the way home,----Happy Days !
    Want to visit the Ruskin museum at Coniston-----home to the Campbell collection------one of the places on my wish list--------will post a few phoggies of what's there.
    Many years since I raced Windermere, last time was '71/2.
    Figure if I'm ever going to do it, I better get my rear in gear and do it now while I still have all my faculties in full working order.
    So, crack-o-sparrow Friday, Jilly and I, take the long road north, first stop Harrogate, for what I hope will be another memorable journey.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody Thursday again already, chucking it down, car boot sale day,-------seems like it was only yesterday since last time I was there.
    Last day in the shop for a week. Taking a nostalgic trip to my old stamping grounds-------Harrogate, knaresborough, wetherby, Skipton, , Windermere , Kendal etc.
    Every Sunday, up to twenty of us would jump on our motor cycles and head for the Lake District and leave Bradford far behind for the day-------the milk bar at Skipton was usually the first port of call and Harry Ramsdens at White Cross for fish and chips on the way home,----Happy Days !
    Want to visit the Ruskin museum at Coniston-----home to the Campbell collection------one of the places on my wish list--------will post a few phoggies of what's there.
    Many years since I raced Windermere, last time was '71/2.
    Figure if I'm ever going to do it, I better get my rear in gear and do it now while I still have all my faculties in full working order.
    So, crack-o-sparrow Friday, Jilly and I, take the long road north, first stop Harrogate, for what I hope will be another memorable journey.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jackie, here's a cunning plan to add to your holiday pleasure and will guarantee an exceedingly quiet return journey home.

When you've done the Lake District thing (not forgetting to look up the old Sunderland Flying Boat Factory Site on the side of Windermere) instead of heading back south...Accidently head N/E and visit the boys who are rebuilding K7 they are happy to welcome visitors who have "done a bit"....Jilly will... uum enjoy it I'm sure,

Good Luck Phill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jackie, here's a cunning plan to add to your holiday pleasure and will guarantee an exceedingly quiet return journey home.

When you've done the Lake District thing (not forgetting to look up the old Sunderland Flying Boat Factory Site on the side of Windermere) instead of heading back south...Accidently head N/E and visit the boys who are rebuilding K7 they are happy to welcome visitors who have "done a bit"....Jilly will... uum enjoy it I'm sure,

Good Luck Phill.
    nothing would suit me more Phill, but N/E of Windermere covers a fecking big area, need a bit more input -------would love to call in on the guys doing the rebuild, I probably know half of them anyway..
    need a break, had a stressful day .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played about with some hefty chunks of metal---------got into making a present day raceboat with one of those characterless outboards.
    First things first------a new blade in the bandsaw.
    Finished a wicked gear case-------outrageous ----------- waisted, kinda sexy motor and mid! No pipes, just curves------ "Lola Monroe" kinda propulsion.
    Show you a progress piccie ot two when I get back

Drew the hull on a chunk 4 1/2"x 1" solid alloy. Cockpit comes out of a 2"X2 1/2" solid billet--------be a hell of a lot of iron filings on the floor before this gets completed--------be well in time for Tavares!

Bed early tonight------need to hit the road before dawn--------traffic heading north on the M1 gets off to an early start on Fridays .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie, I cant do linkies but if you google..."the bluebird project" that will give you the heads up..

You know the jockey Ted Warby for a start... you may know the spanner men, I don't think they are racers though but they are bl**dy good.

I don't have many regrets in my life but I would to love to live round the corner from that shop.....well that and Doris Day!!!!!!

Drive carefully.. those T.I.R. trucks don't come with mirrors........Phill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made it to Harrogate------checked into the very swish Pine Marten hotel-------I tell you, if that biggest little midget in the world Serra was here he'd have his rods out --------coy carp in the pond here are as big as Dolphins --------but this is Yorkshire we're talking about !
    Went back to the village where I spent the war years-------it appears I'm the last man standing------it's all changed-------even the plumbing-------everyone in my street had an outside toilet, but they've gone, been demolished------bloody roses planted where the bogs were-----sacrilidge I tell you!
    Made it here in under 5 hours-------unscathed------no thanks to the suicide jockeys who once were known as "The Knights Of The Road"-------Lorry drivers today have got sh-t for brains, saw the worst examples of road hogs, inconsiderate bastards who in the afterlife should be doomed to drive dodgems until hell freezes over!
    Im OK though-----I got here------I have a very large glass of wine in my hand so cheers to all my friends----God bless you all. ,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made it to Harrogate------checked into the very swish Pine Marten hotel-------I tell you, if that biggest little midget in the world Serra was here he'd have his rods out --------coy carp in the pond here are as big as Dolphins --------but this is Yorkshire we're talking about !
    Went back to the village where I spent the war years-------it appears I'm the last man standing------it's all changed-------even the plumbing-------everyone in my street had an outside toilet, but they've gone, been demolished------bloody roses planted where the bogs were-----sacrilidge I tell you!
    Made it here in under 5 hours-------unscathed------no thanks to the suicide jockeys who once were known as "The Knights Of The Road"-------Lorry drivers today have got sh-t for brains, saw the worst examples of road hogs, inconsiderate bastards who in the afterlife should be doomed to drive dodgems until hell freezes over!
    Im OK though-----I got here------I have a very large glass of wine in my hand so cheers to all my friends----God bless you all. ,

To quote our old friend John Wayne.. "Lookin' back can be a bad habit" (True Grit 1969)

Not for us though aay?.......

17. Thanks jackiewilson thanked for this post
Page 287 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 187 237 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 337 387 787 ... LastLast