Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a cooking with gas"morning , finished the mini wing and the stacks, mounted it on a wide acacia block I turned up specially for the job, green baize on its bum, looking quite the dogs cojones, should get it already and finished by close of play!

Chucked it down all morning, we now have yellow flood alerts all over the hog market'.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Hoping to get your Molinari posted in the next week or so, if I get it to Mark in Stuart I'll worry about getting it to Tavares later.
    Mounting these are a bit worrying, I used a turned block of Acacia and velcroed the boat on top. May try for a different mount on the last one.
    FYI, my number on the Sprint Moli was 11... not sure if you are adding numbers to the boats or not. What was yours when you had it? I'd like to have your number on one side, and mine on the other.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	412.8 KB 
ID:	326360Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	377.9 KB 
ID:	326361Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	390.6 KB 
ID:	326362Click image for larger version. 

Size:	435.0 KB 
ID:	326363

Just to to give you some idea of how tiny this pesky little wing is!
    Positively the last wing ever, the bitch has fought me every inch of the way.
    Just got final dismantle to clean it all up and rectify mistakes.
    If I never see another one it'll still be too soon, patience finally died. Wings---RIP.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    FYI, my number on the Sprint Moli was 11... not sure if you are adding numbers to the boats or not. What was yours when you had it? I'd like to have your number on one side, and mine on the other.
    See what hat I can do about a number11 Mark------you ain't never gonna believe this, the COSWORTH number was-------111.

Having a boys day OUT tomorrow , just me and Fish, my brother in law, married to sister Ange.
    Going to Tangmere museum in the morning! It's a WW2 fighter station, probably post a few pics of some of the exhibits.
    we may go to Brooklands if we get the time, bound to be a "liquid lunch" thrown in for good measure-------Fish is always great company------need a few lighter moments------didn't help when my son in laws dad died this morning!
    A lot of "Departation" going on around here lately, all too close for comfort! Need a break!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Thursday and it's not raining, makes for a change.
    Rent day, as my sainted mother used to say------having a different day, workshop doors stay closed. Pleasure drome doors about to open!

6. Thanks Watermark thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jackie....For all the trouble it's caused you, the "little Wing" is a work of art....!!!
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Jackie....For all the trouble it's caused you, the "little Wing" is a work of art....!!!
    Why thank you Rich, her who shall be obeyed at all times has allowed it to live on the coffee table in the conservatory, it kinda grows on you the more you see it. Without a doubt, the best pair of motors I ever did.

Took Fish to Tangmere Aircraft Museum, he had the time of his life, post some piccies tomorrow.
    Went to the "Gribble" at Oving for lunch, took one look at the menu and did a runner, there was only a bar menu, while we quaffed a pint apiece we watched food coming out of the kitchen--------that's when we left!
    Ran down into Chichester and had a great meal at "THE BLUE DRAGON"------- as much as you could eat for under $10 each, will definitely go back again.
    Decided to run up to Midhurst to see my old friend Basil Stephens who I hadn't seen for a couple of years! Knocked on the door intending to give him a huge hug, nice lady told me he died four years ago ???
    Told you there was a lot of "Departation" going on, that old hooded bastard with the scythe around his shoulders is on the prowl-----Beware my friends, keep an ever watchful eye!

Had a really relaxing day, then came down to earth with a bang hearing about the demise of yet another friend. You ever had that "Last man standing" feeling .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did go to the car boot sale yesterday, managed to to pick up enough brass rod to last me a lifetime, along with a batch of three quarter inch half round brass rods which will make hundreds of name plates(should the need ever arise). An old spokeshave ( I now have ten of them), an almost new unused 12' steel rule by chesterman, a box of polished stones, a bunch of stainless plate, some alloy for mounting pieces and I had change out of $50. Not a bad start to the day.

Air Accident Investigators have taken the remains of the crashed Hunter to their headquarters in Farnborough, Police have cleared most of the burnt out cars, new Tarmac is being replaced, final tally is eleven dead, a county in shock. A27 should be open next week.

All things being equal, I should get a full uninterrupted day in the shop, have a completely open mind, have not got a clue which road I'm going down, all I can tell you is, I'm on the move again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Size:	413.1 KB 
ID:	326514

Thats Fish, my brother in law, posing on the front lawn of Tangmere Aircraft Museum
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Size:	413.1 KB 
ID:	326514

Thats Fish, my brother in law, posing on the front lawn of Tangmere Aircraft Museum
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrote a long soliloquy on the trials and tribulations of constructing a mini wing, some of my thoughts were quite positive with definite descriptions so to speak.S and F in its wisdom somehow obliterated my gleanings and I can't be arsed to remember what I wrote .
    Lets see what the weekend throws at us besides torrential rain.
    There are times when I wish I was a mucky duck?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found a "Metal recycling plant" in the next village (Yapton), not PC to call them SCRAP YARDS any more, maybe that's what's matter with the world today--------it can't stand the truth!
    Not too long ago, when we dared to call it as it was------when the Dustbin man was just that and did not have the grand title of Waste Disposal Officer.
    Remember when the time was, the local constable was called Bobby Smith, if he caught you stealing apples, he would clip you round the ear and put your name in his little black book, there was no crime in my village, we didn't even lock the doors at night.
    I digress, found all the stainless and alloy that I will ever want for the next year or so at a tenth of the price I used to pay at my local tool shop.
    Found some superb boat mounts, tried one out on the mini wing but I think it's a bit over the top, may have to turn it down a bit before its right!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last weekend in August, this traditionally signalled the end of summer, but seeing as it hasn't even started yet how the hell can it be the end of?
    Steve next door is doing the lamb roast today, he has a double decker spit which takes two lambs at a time. He usually invites around 100 friends and plays loud music . We have a "Wellie" throwing competition and a tug of war contest for those who need hip and knee replacements !( after)
    Forecast is for light cloud, which translated means less than an inch of rain, (if we're lucky)!
    May have a wander into the workshop for a couple of hours this morning, have an idea on a V6 outboard motor cobbled out of a solid billet of alli.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	10 
Size:	467.1 KB 
ID:	326583Now that's half a lamb roast

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	11 
Size:	427.7 KB 
ID:	326592

Mine host Steve, carving up the first lamb, served nearly a hundred hungry heads, and raised a very nice chunk of money for charity. Weather held up ok, no rain at all!
    Tomorrow the first chest of wings along with Rich's roller gets shipped out, this includes Rogers big wing!
    Second shipment leaves here September 10tH, if anyone wants anything sending, speak now or forever hold your peace.
    John Schubert, Jeff Briggs,Mark Rathermell and John Sheldon,-------worry ye not, goods are "in transit".

Page 189 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 89 139 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 239 289 689 1189 ... LastLast