Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Jackie..Did you get my E-Mail re..the photo on the other thread?

Jackie..Did Dick Scammell get in touch with you?..I did pass on your details.

Phill.
    Did a cursory glance through fujimo's phoggies--------saw a picture of the old scimitar I bought in a hurry from Sandra Hook , just because I was pissed at Bill Brown.
    Lapped him twice in the first hour------then he ran over John Hill in the SE-----John sank out on the course---------Bill sank in the pits, still hanging on to the steering wheel--------Chas Shooter pulled him out of the boat by his helmet. This was Amsterdam about '74------- Bill was driving The Miles boat VENUS,
    No Phill, Dick never got in touch

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies Jackie I gave you duff gen on that posting number...it should have been Page 432/Post 6470

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Apologies Jackie I gave you duff gen on that posting number...it should have been Page 432/Post 6470
    No Phill--------Dick Is in the boat -------Renato and Angelo far right-------Luigi holding boat------does look a bit like Rossi sat down.
    We were there at como on a couple of occasions when Dick was there. He was "Nobby" though, always stayed at the Villa D Este, way out of our league, we slept in the camper!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to laugh to myself------xskid1 was asking what the date was for the OFF November meeting? To us oldies, exact dates don't matter any more-----kids still run to school ---------me, I always ran Away from school? Rich or Stavros---------put the lad out of his misery and publish the OFF date.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Pilgrim, so the Kiwis won the Americas Cup-------has to be a great boat, and a great team to pull that off. Congratulations to one and all------well done------don't they get the rights to call the shots as to where they will defend the title ?
    Apparently there are 600 high rise apartment blocks in the UK-------all require sprinklers and cladding---------but like "Yesterday".
    Lots of speculation, but no official death toll after the tower block inferno------ information is scarce-----I can't make out the problem here, but I still say it could bring down the government!
    France and Germany are crowing, how they will make England pay dearly for the Brexit--------seems a hell of a long time since we bailed out both countries in the forties, ( for the second time ). Memories are short it seems.
    I read it somewhere that France resorted to a "Revolution" in the 1700/s and brought in "Madame Guilotine " to settle the score-----so much for Equality------Liberty-------Fraternity .
    All we ever wanted was our freedom, to make our own laws and decide how many immigrants we should house. To deport criminals as we see fit, without Brussels telling us IF we could.
    We may have won the Second World War--------but we sure as hell never won the peace.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rained most of the night--------lawns are looking green instead of like burnt hay-------sweet peas have been fragrant but with short stems--------all the weak and tiny apples fell off the tree.
    Birds have just raised the second brood of chicks and we're well past midsummer.
    Its Thursday tomorrow and another damn car boot sale.
    Spent all morning doing the Arnesons--------and the trim tabs-------by noon my back was giving me grief so I called enough!
    Kitchen goddess asked me to go into "Chi" with her, been a while since we went out together, quite enjoyed it really. Maybe there is life outside the workshop.
    Got a text on Facebook from Bob Reynolds, boss man of "The Ospreys" power boatings rescue team------apparently they're holding a 50th anniversary dinner at the Belfry, one of this country's premier golf clubs, sometime in August-------I'll think about it, see where we're at in August.
    Its Ivan's Go4it golf tournament on Friday, promised I'd take part in it. Usually it raise a huge chunk of cash which is used to buy various cancer fighting machines-----cant believe it's another year on since the last one.
    Down comes the rain again------will need webbed feet or flippers if this carries on, told you Mother Nature has this habit of balancing things up!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Hey Pilgrim, so the Kiwis won the Americas Cup-------has to be a great boat, and a great team to pull that off. Congratulations to one and all------well done------don't they get the rights to call the shots as to where they will defend the title ?
    Apparently there are 600 high rise apartment blocks in the UK-------all require sprinklers and cladding---------but like "Yesterday".
    Lots of speculation, but no official death toll after the tower block inferno------ information is scarce-----I can't make out the problem here, but I still say it could bring down the government!
    France and Germany are crowing, how they will make England pay dearly for the Brexit--------seems a hell of a long time since we bailed out both countries in the forties, ( for the second time ). Memories are short it seems.
    I read it somewhere that France resorted to a "Revolution" in the 1700/s and brought in "Madame Guilotine " to settle the score-----so much for Equality------Liberty-------Fraternity .
    All we ever wanted was our freedom, to make our own laws and decide how many immigrants we should house. To deport criminals as we see fit, without Brussels telling us IF we could.
    We may have won the Second World War--------but we sure as hell never won the peace.
    Yep, master display, they had a better boat and sailed it better.
    They also had lots more clever tecnology on it so a nice win to beat a technology company, Oracle.
    Yes the winner makes the rules subject to the NY yacht club taking them to court which i think wont happen this time.
    Race will be in Auckland
    Boat type yet to be announnced.
    The first challenger is some club in sicily but its luna rossa/ prada guy.
    Winner and challenger have to agree the new rules but for sure this has been discussed for months prior just in case.

Been watching the news, are there any brits living in those towers?
    I think the ozzies have some temporary houses in PNG, tropical paradise...

I still think the uk wont be paying anything.
    N ireland will become rich as the new trading frontier if no single market access and just truck it over the border.
    Close the fishing grounds, fishing booms and helps pay the farm subsidy.
    Uk far better off in year or so.
    Then the eu will invent a new status to allow non eu country to have access and beg the uk to join it so the germans can sell cars to the uk
    Last edited by powerabout; 06-28-2017 at 03:21 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    Yep, master display, they had a better boat and sailed it better.
    They also had lots more clever tecnology on it so a nice win to beat a technology company, Oracle.
    Yes the winner makes the rules subject to the NY yacht club taking them to court which i think wont happen this time.
    Race will be in Auckland
    Boat type yet to be announnced.
    The first challenger is some club in sicily but its luna rossa/ prada guy.
    Winner and challenger have to agree the new rules but for sure this has been discussed for months prior just in case.

Been watching the news, are there any brits living in those towers?
    I think the ozzies have some temporary houses in PNG, tropical paradise...

I still think the uk wont be paying anything.
    N ireland will become rich as the new trading frontier if no single market access and just truck it over the border.
    Close the fishing grounds, fishing booms and helps pay the farm subsidy.
    Uk far better off in year or so.
    Then the eu will invent a new status to allow non eu country to have access and beg the uk to join it so the germans can sell cars to the uk
    Some things you got right Pilgrim------if there was a Brit living in the towers, then I never saw him, her or it !. Aussies used to buy up all the big town houses in EARLS COURT in the sixties------ Nobody wanted to live in Fulham or Earl's Court anyway was the pimple on the arsehole of London!
    Irony of all this is "Dear Angela" ( Merkel) had to evacuate a whole tower
    block in Cologne as the cladding was deemed unsafe----------wait until she examines the rest of the high rise buildings-------then the ka-Ka really will hit the fan.
    Make no mistake, the uk will be paying something as that would be a first. All the European Commune thinks the EU is a cash cow to be milked until it drops dead !
    Northern Ireland always hunts with the hounds and runs with the hare--------left hand never knows what the rights doing, and if the lips are moving----------you get the idea ? A trading frontier ? Your having a laugh Pilgrim-------the Irish don't trade------they spend------everything! Only country to make Greece look like a spendthrift Scotsman !
    Last year they moved up from abacus beads to a calculator--------not ready for computers this decade.
    Left to they're own devices the Irish will be at each other's throats in no time flat and blame it on the brits.
    If we close the fishing grounds the world will scream FOUL and call on the UN for sanctions.
    My opinion on subsidised farming is ---------do it like they do in New Zealand, make it pay or bugger off.
    Unfortuately we don't have a car industry any more, we sold the goose------China, ( MG ) India, (Land Rover. Jaguar) Germany ( Rolls Royce, Bentley Cosworth) -------we should have done a Malaysia, 100 percent import duty!
    Dont doubt for a minute things will get better------no way can the world get along without the English------by the way Pilgrim--------who was skipper of the New Zealand boat ? Just asking !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An Aussie Phil Rudder invented the wing sail so only right the Kiwi and Oracle boats had Aussies trimming them, its in the list of aussie inventions along with Vegemite and a few others

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the hell is "Vegemite"?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2us70 View Post
    What the hell is "Vegemite"?
    Believe me you do not want to know--------it's crap in a jar, and the damn fools spread it on bread and baked potatoes and then yell "LARVALEY" !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look'n for some help and hopefully some parts on the Bendix FI units for the V6. Anyone know of someone who might have some parts or worked on these back in the "day" ????? Sorry Jackie - just trying to find anyone that might have some parts.

See Chris Carson's post : http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...Fuel-Injection

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BendixFI-1 copy.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	378903

Actually looking for the earlier version adpters that were configured like this 6-Tillotson carb setup.

Name:	6carbTill copy.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	378904

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    Look'n for some help and hopefully some parts on the Bendix FI units for the V6. Anyone know of someone who might have some parts or worked on these back in the "day" ????? Sorry Jackie - just trying to find anyone that might have some parts.

See Chris Carson's post : http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...Fuel-Injection

Name:	BendixFI-1 copy.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	378903

Actually looking for the earlier version adpters that were configured like this 6-Tillotson carb setup.

Name:	6carbTill copy.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	378904
    Seebold is your man Roger-----if he hasn't got it, he knows a man who has !
    Give him a call,or send him an email, I know he looks thick and dumb and stupid --------but underneath all that he's a great guy with a wealth of experience and knowledge.
    Timmy also has a lot of toys, you could try him too.
    Leo over in holland always had a ton of parts!

14. Thanks RogerH thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for The tip, which Seebold are we talking about? Do you have an email or a phone number for him?thanks for any help, Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Carson's Marine View Post
    Thanks for The tip, which Seebold are we talking about? Do you have an email or a phone number for him?thanks for any help, Chris
    Chris, when you talk about "Seebold" it's always the PATRIARCH------the oldest, the old man, the cranky one, the wannabe golfer, mr grumpy arse himself ! Billy , Mr Bill!
    Michael is "Michael Seebold"
    Tim Seebold is "Timmy"
    Billy Seebold Junior is "Little Billy"
    To be known as "SEEBOLD" you have to earn that right, it's kinda passed down from generation to generation-------it commands respect and admiration in the world of powerboating, it was earned the hard way, just ask anyone who knows him. There are very few like him today.
    i count myself very fortunate to be able to call all the Seebold's my friends, Bill, Lynne, Michael and Lori, Timmy, Little Billy and even Grandpa Seebold back in the day.
    hes not hard to find---------lives in Fenton Missouri in the summer--------Naples Florida in the winter.
    Yes, I do have his email, and his phone numbers, but I don't give them out. If you want to find him , you have to go to any of the F1 races stateside -------he's still a race boat fruit and nut case.

Page 399 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 299 349 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 449 499 899 ... LastLast