Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Jackie....any more tales telling the world that you walk round Tesco pushing a wire basket on wheels is liable to send you right to the bottom of the street cred league, some things a man leaves out of his daily conversations.

Toilet habits and shopping with the bride being 2.

Tell us your memories of Trevor Fox if you can cast your mind back that far.....Phill.
    Shakey Bill was a good friend of Trevor Fox he told me a story about Trevor he new a blue film star called Monique Deveraux who did blue movies in the sixties I was told he had her over to visit she used to strip off and his friends used watch her run round naked.

2. Likes ron54 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Jesus wept, but I find myself spending more and more time on that memory lane coach tour.
    Has to be somebody out there who'll talk to me, just to save me from dropping off the edge.
    Jackie--I just celebrated the '86'--probably wasting too many existing brain cells on 'memory lane'--but---

The 80's --a decade of 'Setting Records'

With Tom Gentry's help--my trusty STOL equipped Cessna Centurion became a communication center in the sky.

Tom's ambitious project was to set records: Sea of Cortez; Mississippi River; Miami/Nassau/Miami; Miami to New York; New York to England--

---And there seemed to be no 'cap' on the budget--

My little Cessna could: Stay aloft for 12 hours: Communicate to any place in the world (SSB, VHF, UHF, Ship to Shore etc): Navigate with state of the art systems (80's it was LORAN!!)

A benefit of having all this equipment and mods--I never had to file a flight plan!! The Drug Enforcement Agency and US Customs were watching me all the time!!

Usually the UIM Observer was aboard with his equipment--

MEMORY LANE--takes me from the Atlantic to the Pacific; From Mexico to the Bahamas; Landing on a beach in Mexico to pick up Tom when the boat broke down--

And often I would run into our friend--Billy Don---flying his 182---
    It was never boring---
    Last edited by GENE LANHAM; 07-24-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many congratulations Gene---------you're still a lot older than me------a whole six months !

Knew you did a lot of flying, including following offshore racers-----so you must have come across Pruett a few times ------
    He is still the only person in the world to scare the crap out of me in a fixed wing. Who was the damn fool that ever gave him a pilots licence ( or a powerboat drivers licence).

5. Thanks GENE LANHAM thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Memory lane

The best pic I have of the 'Centurion'--happens to include a young Fred K---

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post
    Shakey Bill was a good friend of Trevor Fox he told me a story about Trevor he new a blue film star called Monique Deveraux who did blue movies in the sixties I was told he had her over to visit she used to strip off and his friends used watch her run round naked.
    Trevor had garages around Birmingham-------raced inboards mainly, then bought a 16' Levi with a 100 Mercury. He was getting on a bit by now but was still a steady Paris back up driver.
    There was a bunch of "old" drivers-------like Bob May, Graham Musson, Trevor Fox, Tony Weems, Ron Liechen, Joe Mamo-----these were first generation boat racers after the war.
    I believe " Monique Devereaux" was born in West Bromwich and was one of the first "Blue Movie" stars. Most race meetings somebody had an 8mm black and white set up. That was living dangerously-------right on the ragged edge------.
    I never met the lady in question, but don't doubt for a minute that the tale is gospel .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it! From boats to Hellies to Airplanes to a naked girl in less than 10 postings......

Now if we had someone with a bad hand we would have the full set.............ooh hang on

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trevor had garages around Birmingham-------raced inboards mainly, then bought a 16' Levi with a 100 Mercury. He was getting on a bit by now but was still a steady Paris back up driver.
    There was a bunch of "old" drivers-------like Bob May, Graham Musson, Trevor Fox, Tony Weems, Ron Liechen, Joe Mamo-----these were first generation boat racers after the war.
    I believe " Monique Devereaux" was born in West Bromwich and was one of the first "Blue Movie" stars. Most race meetings somebody had an 8mm black and white set up. That was living dangerously-------right on the ragged edge------.
    I never met the lady in question, but don't doubt for a minute that the tale is gospel .
    Trevor Fox raced in the 1967 Chasewater 24hr race with Brian Hunt in a Levi I thought you were the third driver Jackie in that team I know you were in that race not sure who you were teamed up with` he entered under the Spanish flag and called his boat Ka Pable Shakey Bill was leading the race up to 22hrs but his Merc 110 gave up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post
    Trevor Fox raced in the 1967 Chasewater 24hr race with Brian Hunt in a Levi I thought you were the third driver Jackie in that team I know you were in that race not sure who you were teamed up with` he entered under the Spanish flag and called his boat Ka Pable Shakey Bill was leading the race up to 22hrs but his Merc 110 gave up.
    No Steve, it wasn't me--------will have to ask Mark who I was racing with. My memory's shot..
    Trevor spent a lot of time in Spain-------Paddy Manton was another Brummie garage owner, ( hot Albatross inboard called "Puddle Jumper" ) who had a villa in Spain also!
    That was the event that went down in the annals when JULIE yelled "Jeff Edwards------give me my FECKIN knickers back---------it was 4:00am Sunday morning, seems like last summer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poorlie Paw went down a bit last night------not a lot-----now looks like a sugared donut instead of a balloon. May wander into the workshop this morning------just for a cursory glance you understand. I do have withdrawal symptoms. Hope the key for the door still works-------four weeks tomorrow since the damn fool accident.
    Did the HALLETT concept ever reach you John ?
    I sent a shed load to Mark at the same time and have no idea where they've got to .
    More rain forecast for the day, suppose we might get a few more days sunshine before the end of summer.
    Most of the clan are gathered in San Francisco for grandson George's wedding to Justine.
    After a few years teaching in China, he moved out to California and has something to do with prosthetics. I know he loves his job.
    But , I digress------will see if I can't get back into boats again------it's the butterfly mind I have I'm afraid! Still, I can't ever be accused of being boring can I ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poorlie Paw went down a bit last night------not a lot-----now looks like a sugared donut instead of a balloon. May wander into the workshop this morning------just for a cursory glance you understand. I do have withdrawal symptoms. Hope the key for the door still works-------four weeks tomorrow since the damn fool accident.
    Did the HALLETT concept ever reach you John ?
    I sent a shed load to Mark at the same time and have no idea where they've got to .
    More rain forecast for the day, suppose we might get a few more days sunshine before the end of summer.
    Most of the clan are gathered in San Francisco for grandson George's wedding to Justine.
    After a few years teaching in China, he moved out to California and has something to do with prosthetics. I know he loves his job.
    But , I digress------will see if I can't get back into boats again------it's the butterfly mind I have I'm afraid! Still, I can't ever be accused of being boring can I ?
    Hallett hasn't arrived but according to tracking it was in York, PA on the 24th & scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess UPS is back to using pony express------it's two weeks since I posted them John!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried to do a bit in the shop this morning but it didn't work------a FECKIN hook would work better than a donut.
    Reflecting on my working life I can say with hand on heart, I never , not even for one day in my life, have I ever claimed "Benefit" or sick

You didn't work----you didn't get paid, I've been both employer and employee, and I still think that's the fairest system all round. Only way to keep the economy balanced .you wouldn't pay a gardener that never turned up or a painter that never painted your fence. Somewhere along the way things got a bit off kilter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody Thursday again tomorrow------swear to god, time is out of control, the life slide just got a whole lot steeper------somebody let the brakes off!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little improvement in the Poorlie Paw-----was beginning to think it was never going to improve.
    Shan't be rushing into gainful employment just yet. Slowly slowly catchee monkey------I've learned the hard way. Get well before you leave the sick bed. Accept the fact I am not God------only J C.
    Can I help it if I was born in a hurry------I don't have enough time left to waste it being Incapacitated.
    Cant lie here all day cogitating------things to do, places to go, people to see and a song to be sung, car boot to visit, and maybe some hard bargaining------if I get lucky !
    Have a nice day peeps.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020236.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	375.9 KB 
ID:	381841

Picked up up a mint copy of Mechanix Illustrated dated August 1951a------cost me a whole Quid ?

Page 408 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 308 358 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 458 508 908 ... LastLast