Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the cringe, that is a wonderful site, exactly what I wanted to see, really got the memory box working overtime, sunshine, oldie world craftsmanship, yesterday's world of POWERBOATING history.
    I suppose there is some craft required to creating a boat out of a bucket of resin but there can never be the feeling of pleasure and satisfaction that a master boatbuilder gets from the look on a clients face as he sees the masterpiece for the first time.
    The old Raveau and RIVA are great examples of the boatbuilders art along with any of the classic craft you can see at Tavares.
    Thaks a bunch Dave for taking time out to share the site with us all.

Have a great weekend folks, me myself Will be beavering away in the shop, keeping all the mind and body parts functioning and clicking over for as long as possible.
    Bloody hearing aid went on the blink last Monday and yesterday it gave up the ghost completely-----I'm back to saying "You what?" And Jillys back to yelling. Guess that's life!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	376.4 KB 
ID:	317025Click image for larger version. 

Views:	24 
Size:	364.1 KB 
ID:	317026Click image for larger version. 

Views:	23 
Size:	390.6 KB 
ID:	317027Click image for larger version. 

Views:	23 
Size:	370.9 KB 
ID:	317028Yes I know it's a tad over emphasised and the gear case is under empphied and it's a bloody concept when all is said and done, don't do scale models! Oh yes , while we're at it, hand shakes like I got Parkinson's when I do engraving, but it covers a bland stand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	16 
Size:	411.1 KB 
ID:	317071

I am fortunate enough to have two very wonderful Swedish friends called Cissy and Runo Cronström-------he was a dental surgeon in the Swedish Navy before retiring and she is Royalty.
    First time we met was at the top of a flight of sixty one steps leading to his front door in Bouzigues!
    I was down on all fives totally knackered when he opened the door and asked me how old I was? I told him I was 73------he shook my hand and said "Thank God there is someone here in the village older than me----you need a large JD."

Been working on these two bits of spalted beech for some time, today I gave them a last coat of beeswax-----added the specs, sunglasses and parasol and used two heart shaped lumps for the base, -----then it came to me--------Cissy and Runo, both over 80 and still madly in love with each other.
    Been to stay with them in their house right on the Baltic a couple of times. Wonderful people!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie you have outdone yourself. I am totally impressed. I righted the pictures.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 1.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	317073Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 2.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	317074Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 3.jpg 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	317076Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 4.jpg 
ID:	317077Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 5.jpg 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	317078

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Jackie you have outdone yourself. I am totally impressed. I righted the pictures.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 1.jpg 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	317073Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 2.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	317074Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 3.jpg 
ID:	317076Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 4.jpg 
ID:	317077Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 5.jpg 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	317078
    I agree.
    Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at it now Johnno, I wish I could have found some more detailed pictures. Whilst the only one I had was good, I could have done with piccies from all sides. But you know me, that was only the try out-----when I'm good and ready I'll do you one to keep, give it you at Tavares .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if any of you have seen the pictures of Lassie Strom at the point of no return in a huckin fuge John Deere, told him he was a dinglegerry.
    Then this morning I forget to put the clocks forward so I'm out in the shop by seven, two dingleberries on the loose.
    Cleaned up the shop and the only eyesore was Warbys "Spirit" still on the bench where it's been gathering dust for the last two months-------upshot is, I started farting about with it again----all three feet of it which is now down to two foot six since I chopped off its nose and bum.
    Did it out of a chunk of ten by three pine, left over from a roof purling, but it hardly had a knot in it.

Sister Ange coming for Sunday lunch, expected any time soon ----shoulder of lamb!

Hamilton screwed up with his choice of tyres and could rue today before the seasons over.

Here they are, gotta go, bye. J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Switched off completely and enjoyed the company of sister Ange and husband Fish.!
    Later in the afternoon daughter Boo and little Jeff paid us a visit, she wants me to turn a lamp stand for her. Jeff is a printer by trade and a very good one by all accounts so I asked him to help out with the decals for the ROTORY, show you the results when I get them.
    Been deep in thunk about R/J's model wankel concept I promised him, get WARBY'S "Spirit of Oz" done and dusted, that's the only thing I have on the go at the moment.
    That of course could all change the minute I open the shop door, I have a "Butterfly" mind but a tidy workshop.
    All the wings are in the shed Cum-studio, over sixty pieces of stuff lining the shelves now.
    Thats the shed and some of its contents----before I filled it to the gills with wings and things

End of rambling for one day, sleep tight peeps, MYGGWY.J.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	10 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	317157

Dave Franks is an extraordinarily talented artist, especially race boats, decided to remount and reframe this piccie. I watched as he sprayed black paint all over the finished article, me myself never much liked this picture after that. So, it stayed in the basement for the next 35 years

Monday again today, nearly into April, days getting longer and warmer, looked at the ten day forecast and we have double figures from here on in. Have to think about the pool before long.

Had my Armani suit for over 20 years, Jilly says we should take it and have it restyled, so that is apparently where I'm off to this morning.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, nothing they could do about the Armani or me, way past it apparently. siei-la-Vie.
    Was informed this morning the DVLC have given me my licence to thrill back, informed the insurance company and they are not increasing the premium, 65 years without a single claim!
    I should bloody well hope so too.
    Just put the finishing touches to the lamp boo bought in IKEA!
    "Spirit " next thing up after my snooze.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a lot to tell you. Nice to be independant again, if I feel like going to the paper shop or the car boot sale I don't have to go cap in hand!

completely re arranged the spirit, it looks a bit more like Warbys rig now plus a few mods and cons.
    Free all week except for the hog roast on good Friday next door.
    Try and post a couple of piccies tomorrow, just to keep a bit of interest on "Tricks" MYGGWY.J

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blowing a hooley here and it looks like Gods going to take a leak any time soon. Good day for being in the shop working on the WARBY.
    Wonder how Donmacs faring- any sign of spring yet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess all the world is too busy to talk today.
    Was a head down arse up sort of day, made big strides with the WARBY, set it all up to take a picture and found the Kodak was fresh out of battery, sorry bout your bad luck peeps, still , givesyou something to look forward to tomorrow lunchtime. Had a couple of hours spare this afternoon so decided I would really try hard and make a an authentic lower unit For R/J's Rotary I promised him.

Turned out "Satisfactory " --- show you the result tomorrow, trouble with promising something specific, it has to be just so, or you leave yourself wide open to be pissed upon from a dizzy height.
    So, I started from the bottom up. Will just chip away gently until I'm happy with the result.

Promise I will give you some bonus pictures to make up for today, have a good night, MYGGWY, J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be waiting on the piccies Jackie!
    Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning Dave,I'd better make sure you get some good shots then.
    Funny how well I sleep if I had a good day in the shop.
    Looks like it's going to be a "Sunshiny day", can maybe work with the shop doors open.
    Easter this weekend. england makes a lot more of it than they do in the USA, we have good Friday and Monday as a holiday, usually marks the start of the gardening season, I shall be planting the sweet peas and herbs..
    Have to start putting a see through lid over the outside patio and bar b que area, came across a large quantity of plastic roofing, I need to build a new garden shed to house the gardening tools and lawn mower.
    Time to fire up the merry go round and get on today's ride.

Page 137 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 37 87 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 187 237 637 1137 ... LastLast