User Tag List

Page 86 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 36 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 136 186 586 1086 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 18756
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne Pinson

Steve - Iris and I met your beautiful Anne a couple of years ago at OFF and we absolutely loved her. We are terribly saddened by her passing and offer you our deepest sympathies. - Iris and Steve Sirois

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's it !! It's all over for this year-------very mixed emotions------some sad news----some good news, no Stickle, ROTORY John, WILLABEE ,Rathmell ,but new friends in the guise of MR. Fun ( Kieth----------damned if I can remember). Sam sends her apologies for not getting back to you on the dock.
    It all finished on a high for me with the buying of a very important piece of history and Mercury memorabilia which I will tell you about later.
    Sad bit of breaking news, one of Gieco's female staff passed away today-----Reece ?----I didn't know her that well, but my grand kids, Louise and Gary did. RIP.
    Gary bought me a Miller Spot Welder-----so you should be seeing lots more intricate bits of stainless cobbled together.
    Catch the transatlantic traveller tomorrow ----should be home midday Thursday. So God bless all of you and MYGGWY .J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to leave Florida for this year. Got my spot welder, which kinda makes me very happy as it's another thing ticked off the wish list-----bloody thing turns the scales at twenty kilos. Mark packed it in a shoulder hold all, guess whose going to have a stiff neck when I reach home!!!
    Another thing I noticed over here-----every parking lot has 75% foreign cars and trucks, SUV's etc,to 30% home grown----no wonder Detroit went belly up-----they should have put a 100% import tax on all foreign vehicles--------would balance the economy overnight------would be a lot of "dolly throwing" by France, Italy, Germany--and the Far East ---who gives a flying fart if it brings back jobs and balances the economy.
    All you have to do is look at the economy of Sweden,Norway, Singapore, --------import tax in all these countries is Around the 100% mark------China has more Rolls Royces than any other country in spite of this.
    England has the same problem.
    Have you noticed the quality of tools and machines ( bandsaws, hand tools, pure sh-TE , it's all throw away rubbish kit.
    Lets hear your views on this-----Sears, Snap- on, South-Bend-----all give lifetime guarantees, why the hell would you buy Chink junk tools-------tell you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it's CHEEEEEEEEEP.We should be ashamed!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Because it's CHEEEEEEEEEP.We should be ashamed!!!
    foreign cars are in because Americans voted for reliability, being in Houston every 2 weeks last year and hiring everything hertz had.
    The worlds biggst selling car is better than anything local thats for sure.
    Had a new caddy , was nice but needs to sell at the price of a Camry

Why is Yam so big
    Fat lazy Merc and OMC didnt want to listen, same execs in the car industry I guess?

PS Jackie, is your spot welder 230V?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    foreign cars are in because Americans voted for reliability, being in Houston every 2 weeks last year and hiring everything hertz had.
    The worlds biggst selling car is better than anything local thats for sure.
    Had a new caddy , was nice but needs to sell at the price of a Camry

Why is Yam so big
    Fat lazy Merc and OMC didnt want to listen, same execs in the car industry I guess?

PS Jackie, is your spot welder 230V?
    Nearly, it's a 220V 50 cycle Miller with a yard of resistors and bum twitching weight ------I will carry this only once!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie: most of those foreign cars you see in the parking lots are made right here in the good old USA. I believe only the English and Swedish cars are totally imported. Glad you enjoyed Fl. and got your welder. Does it go round and round or up and down?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Jackie: most of those foreign cars you see in the parking lots are made right here in the good old USA. I believe only the English and Swedish cars are totally imported.
    Same as UK John, its not the workers that cant build cars its the management that cant
    Most efficient Japanese plant in the world is in the UK
    Japanese have always spend huge money on market research and in most country's have permanent organizations doing it although the public doesnt usually know.
    Selling what the customer wants sounds obvious but..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we do have the same bloody stupid system in the UK Worlds most efficient robotical plants that use 10% of human effort------that's just to keep the status quo-----but you an bet your sweet bippy the profits go straight back to Tokyo . The Indians (ie, MUMBAI ) own Jaguar, land rover, the Germans own Rolls Royce, Cosworth and probably the rest of the motor industry-----where did it all go wrong-----did we really win WW2------we certainly didn't win the peace.
    Sat in the airport in Orlando cogitating----the spot welder went through------hope it comes out at Gatwick.
    Flights been called------MYGGWY J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Jackie: most of those foreign cars you see in the parking lots are made right here in the good old USA. I believe only the English and Swedish cars are totally imported. Glad you enjoyed Fl. and got your welder. Does it go round and round or up and down?
    Always thought it went in and out with a sideways tendency when the rate of penetration reached regional areas as the electrodes achieved a high rate of activation and friction, with wagglement set to a minimum-----organisticism can be reached with satisfying ease especially if you got a top of the line MILLER G45 with ZFQ MULTI SPEED GEARBOX AND LONG GEARS------you ARE into overdrive in no time flat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok peeps, back home in the land of the free everything for immigrants controlled by Herren or is it Frau? Angela Merkel who pulls the UK strings------even Cameron has to ask HER for paper to wipe his bum after taking a dump these days.
    the Miller was going round the carousel when I got there along with the rest of the luggage, needed a trolley to wheel it all through customs without incident. On closer inspection, it was discovered there was a distinct lack of copper arms, rendering the whole piece of kit totally useless?
    Somedays you eat bear------other days------the bear eats you.
    Had a fun lunch on Wednesday before we left Stuart, Timmy Seebold and Sorg turned up at the shop for a hilarious lunch at what used to be Finns, stayed so long we had to hustle some to get to Orlando in time for the flight home.
    Been too damn cold to venture forth into the workshop----still trying to catch up on much needed shut eye --------ate too much, drank too much, talked too much, spent too much -----an excess of everything except women!!!! THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIEND----WE THOUGHT WOULD NEVER END,!!
    Will try and start the fun column rolling again-----even if it means scraping the barrel for the odd tale or two!! Meanwhile peeps MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a funny old world-----you can live a lifetime in a few short hours-----one minute it's TOP O THE WORLD MA,!! the next, the skids get knocked out from under you.!!!
    Sat down for a bowl of soup on Friday-------couldn't keep the soup spoon in----tried to tell Jilly, but my lips were thick as lorry tyres and I sounded like an idiot having a fit. Twisted mouth, a bit numb, dribbled, incoherent, a bit worried to put it mildly---------in fact a bit of panic set in for a while if I'm absolutely honest.
    As always Jilly was 3c's (cool calm and collected) called the doctor, 12-45 was in the surgery having a thorough, 30 mins later was in St. Richards hospital Chichester, 1-30 was having an E.C.G. 1-45 was an ultra scan on my neck----2-15 was in the tube having a brain scan,3-15 having a chest X ray 3-45 giving armfuls of red stuff. 4-00 pm consultant gave me the good news that the scan was clear and I'd had a mild stroke, will get the results Monday after analysis.
    I have heard the English national health service lambasted and abused------in my humble opinion, it is the most wonderful organisation in the world, I am most grateful for the way I was looked after during my short stay.
    Still talking a bit slow and thick lipped, but apparently Jilly played the hand about right, now got the right pills and potions so no damage done. Just telling you guys out there in case it ever jumps out and bites you-----it's ok to have a little stroke if you act quickly and get help-----whatever you do -------DO NOT IGNORE THE WARNING SIGNS----From one very fortunate old fart to the rest of you out there----please take care, J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I now have lots of time on my hands----not accustomed to that-------not allowed behind the wheel of anything for four weeks------no machine work for a month------that means grand kids don't get to see Father Christmas this year. It's a small price to pay, just having a month off-------reckon I got off light------I can live with that.
    My father had a stroke when he was nearly 90, but he was flight engineer in the R.A.F. on a Lancaster bomber during WW2 and made it through 36 ops over Germany so he was entitled to a stroke. Don't feel like I earned a stroke just yet a while.
    One things for sure--I don't want to end up Ga-Ga, so will have to conform to regulations till things get back on an even keel. Luckily the digits have not been affected, so I can pound me old iPad to me hearts content.
    Friday seems a lifetime ago since I walked the halls of St. Richards into what seemed like every department in there-------the only one I walked straight on by was the "sexual therapy" department, ( when the hell did they deem that particular branch of therapy neccessary)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie, good to see you are back in blighty albeit with what sounds a bit like a hard landing!
    Listen to what the medics tell you and I'm sure we can all continue to read "tales of the riverbank" for years to come yet...

Best Wishes for your recovery ..Phill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Jackie, good to see you are back in blighty albeit with what sounds a bit like a hard landing!
    Listen to what the medics tell you and I'm sure we can all continue to read "tales of the riverbank" for years to come yet...

Best Wishes for your recovery ..Phill.
    Thanks Phill, feel a bit of a fraud really, if you had to talk to me right now, you would think I had a CC7 too many-------have to think exactly what I'm saying and slow it down------shouldn't be long before I'm gabbling nonsense once again. Have to settle down and take it easy for a day or it. J.

Page 86 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 36 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 136 186 586 1086 ... LastLast