Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	411.5 KB 
ID:	313680This is how the piece of deadwood topped up------had a chunk of Barrier reef coral from one of the OZ trips------there were lots of options, even tried the huge crystal but settled on this oneClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	396.3 KB 
ID:	313681

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice jack! I like the coral insert, makes me think of lost ships! My 84yr. old mother/law insisted I put her on facebook when she was alive. I was soon beckoned to her room "it's not doing anything" I told her it's working normal! I still get friend requests from her, I don't know how that works!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I LOVE my piece of Jackie WiClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1021.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	231.8 KB 
ID:	313682Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1021.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	231.8 KB 
ID:	313682lson art. I really do. Thanks very much, Cadillac

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Caddy, last time I saw you, you were sunning on the balcony at Tavares, glad you like your " concept boat-----Rich has one, Craig and GARY have one apiece, Scottie was going to get me to do one, but we somehow never got around to it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you're getting ready to come back for the next Tavares gathering ? It's always so special having so many racers together talking about the past. :-)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	313683

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the results of biopsy today. Actually, I consider it good news. Yes, I do have Transitional Cell Carcinoma (cancer) in my left kidney and ureter. However, it is early on and is 94+/-% "fixable" with surgical removal of kidney/ureter. As a bonus, will repair a hernia resultant of prostatectomy 3 years ago. Looking ahead to shower tonight without damn catheter/bag attached to my peck@@. As always, the worst part of anything like this is "not knowing". Well, now I know, and looking forward to moving ahead. Plus, I get to flirt with all of the Nurses . Especially, the one that I have been married to for 40 years. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. Stayed up too late the other night writing a post to my favorite funny talking Old Fart Brit. So that's it for now. My forever gratitude to all that have provided encouragement. Not much in this life better than friends. - TTFN
    (Jackie, that means Ta-Ta-For-Now) - Steve "PBS" Sirois

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seeroy View Post
    Got the results of biopsy today. Actually, I consider it good news. Yes, I do have Transitional Cell Carcinoma (cancer) in my left kidney and ureter. However, it is early on and is 94+/-% "fixable" with surgical removal of kidney/ureter. As a bonus, will repair a hernia resultant of prostatectomy 3 years ago. Looking ahead to shower tonight without damn catheter/bag attached to my peck@@. As always, the worst part of anything like this is "not knowing". Well, now I know, and looking forward to moving ahead. Plus, I get to flirt with all of the Nurses . Especially, the one that I have been married to for 40 years. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. Stayed up too late the other night writing a post to my favorite funny talking Old Fart Brit. So that's it for now. My forever gratitude to all that have provided encouragement. Not much in this life better than friends. - TTFN
    Damn Steve, I feel guilty in I did not know you were having any problems.
    Bonny and I will be pulling for you.
    Charlie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seeroy View Post
    Really chuffed you're on top of it Stavros, you got a bunch of oldies rooting for you.

TTFN, was the recognised farewell of Tommy Handley from 1939--------1950 ish an English comedian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donmac View Post
    very nice jack! I like the coral insert, makes me think of lost ships! My 84yr. old mother/law insisted I put her on facebook when she was alive. I was soon beckoned to her room "it's not doing anything" I told her it's working normal! I still get friend requests from her, I don't know how that works!
    I'd go along with that Don, sunken galleons, pieces of eight, one eyed pirates and treasure chests bursting at the seams?

Its called "Faith" I believe Don, I lost a lot of mine on this roller coaster we call life.
    I once had shed loads of the stuff, but along the way there must have been a hole in my pocket, still have a few of the bigger bits left, (must have been a small hole I supose.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Bright eyed and bushy tailed as my sainted mother used to say------good way to start the day.
    Marks about to pull "Old Blue"------reckons it feels ok but better safe than sorry, can't have done much work, but it could have run a million hours . Don't suppose there ever was any covers, cowls or pans with it if it was experimental.
    Its in safe hands, purists have no need of worry, it will not be bastardised!

forecast is reasonable, was 11 degrees again yesterday -----warmer the Barcelona----little cooler today ------4" of snow due north of Nottingham, be nice to get winter over and done with.

Got a med cruise booked for sometime in June, but that's half a year away, gotta pack a lot into life before then!

Oliver De Montfort Wilson is one of my brothers kids----21next month, and smart as they come, he set up "Facebook " for me. -----still haven't got to grips with it-----hundreds of people want to be "Friends"------WHY?------even I wouldn't want to be friends with me!!!------I did try it once before, but didn't think much of it----------poor mans SCREAM AND FLY, I reckon.

Murphy is jumping all over me, reckons I should be up and running ----not punching keys on the pad at 6:30 in the morning, better do what she says, she's getting well pissed at me.
    I think Old Blue was run basically with a plywood box over it - maybe not at the Lake so much, but any Oshkosh running was probably boxed up - I am sure the styling/marketing guys fought for a while before approving the cowling aspects. Mr. Hale can probably enlighten us a bit there - often styling came up with a cowl design and then it was up to Engineering to fit everything under it -

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it ever so BERNIE ! Admin wielded the whip-----bright would be inventors came with the ideas,
    engineers cobbled it together, threw it to the pretty boy designers to cover the thing up-----chuck it at marketing ------sales was up next-------last in line were the service guys who were the ones that made the suggestions on mods and improvements, until a viable product was out on the water.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a stellar day today-----remember I told you that I usually had two or four things on the go at once---------excelled meself this time, went a bit bonkers and have FIVE pieces well on the way to the shed. Will take some phoggies tomorrow.
    Reason I got off to a flyer was because there was no internet connection on the iPad this morning and I didn't do the poncing about which is my usual habit-------cup of tea, morning kiss for Jilly, long tinkle, pound the iPad.
    Swear blind the bloody thing knows it's past its sell by date and giving grief accordingly-----if you ever think of changing any of these devices, do it in secret, do not let the item know its about to be binned---------they can think!

Told you my grandson in law GARY Strake bought me a spot welder last time I was in the states---well I used it in anger on the TRAILOR I made last week. It's a MILLER and an awesome piece of kit and far superior to the junk they sell in harbour freight.
    Recieved a few funny looks from the "customs occifers"when I took it on board as hand luggage, but it was worth the aching shoulder, from the plane to passport control is a sodding long walk.
    He tells me he's just finished building a new "DYNO" that can take up to 3,000 HP. Jesus wept, where the hell is all this muscle going?

What a shame there is no sensible formula in boat racing today, outboard or inboard,it was gradually strangled by rules and regulations and American lawyers, do gooders and people purporting to know SOMETHING of powerboating who actually know very little little------but they do have huge egos.
    First thing is to get a smart lawyer to contest the rules and regs------dump the old and draw up a new list-----but with common sense being the number one rule. Input please!

Its that time of night again, got a full day Thursday in the shop, not allowed in the shop Friday-----my 83rd birthday, Sister Ange coming to lunch , kids and relations plus a few mates calling in, so have to dress half tidy---------night everyone, MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "not allowed in the shop Friday-----my 83rd birthday"

Jackie - Happy Old Fart Birthday on Friday - Steve & Iris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    list the longest running class in the modern world...I think the success has been a tightly controlled engine?
    sst45 - still running with no reason to end
    sst120 - blocks hard to get now, unfortunately
    etc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    list the longest running class in the modern world...I think the success has been a tightly controlled engine?
    sst45 - still running with no reason to end
    sst120 - blocks hard to get now, unfortunately
    etc
    See what I mean Pilgrim---------plain and simple common sense.
    Run to a formula!.
    Dont give a flying fart what it is as long as it sticks, j.

Page 112 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 12 62 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 162 212 612 1112 ... LastLast