Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schools out------kids are on holiday----for the next month I shall try and steer clear of hyper markets, roads that lead to anywhere and beaches.
    Home is where the heart, wife and workshop are, why would I go out?
    Got a new concept to try out-------if it looks good in the next couple of days, I'll post a progress piccie or three!
    Monday, Monday -----really must get out there and make a name for myself ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roger, need about twenty of those props you sent me, that's just for the concepts already in the shed. Could you tell me where you got them-------RC props are rather expensive to put it mildly !
    12mm/25mm with 4/5mm shafts------in colonial measurements that's a half inch to one inch with an eighth bore.
    Been up to my fetlocks in projects and concepts -------have a rake of gear for Tavares , plus some customer objects!
    Last time I sent a bunch of stuff to Tavares, it cost $1200------- have found out how to send the same size package for $250.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	404.2 KB 
ID:	350704Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	361.5 KB 
ID:	350705Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	400.1 KB 
ID:	350706Click image for larger version. 

Views:	20 
Size:	386.8 KB 
ID:	350708Click image for larger version. 

Views:	12 
Size:	385.3 KB 
ID:	350710

Barn find------needs a lot of TLC-------or none at all !
    Might just fiddle fart about with it for a couple of days--------see how things pan out !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	14 
Size:	415.5 KB 
ID:	350713Click image for larger version. 

Size:	417.8 KB 
ID:	350714Click image for larger version. 

Size:	319.8 KB 
ID:	350715Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	399.9 KB 
ID:	350716

Nearly ready for the shed------waiting for some clear rubber injection tubing.
    Dont blow 'em up Dave-----it'll show up the flaws!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Roger, need about twenty of those props you sent me, that's just for the concepts already in the shed. Could you tell me where you got them-------RC props are rather expensive to put it mildly !
    12mm/25mm with 4/5mm shafts------in colonial measurements that's a half inch to one inch with an eighth bore.
    Been up to my fetlocks in projects and concepts -------have a rake of gear for Tavares , plus some customer objects!
    Last time I sent a bunch of stuff to Tavares, it cost $1200------- have found out how to send the same size package for $250.
    Jackie, I got those props from Terry Topjun who used to do the AlterScale diecast motor models. Those were the last of the ones he had and I don't think he will be doing any more models or ordering or parts. My only suggestion is to check out the radio controlled modelers and see if they have a source.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    Jackie, I got those props from Terry Topjun who used to do the AlterScale diecast motor models. Those were the last of the ones he had and I don't think he will be doing any more models or ordering or parts. My only suggestion is to check out the radio controlled modelers and see if they have a source.
    Tried those Roger-------seems to me I have to look in China------Hong Kong has quite a few alloy , bronze, brass, and black and clear plastic. None of them have any sort of "Class"-----they all look to be low quality and high price.
    Have to find the actual maker------the company that does the castings------buy fifty, or maybe a hundred and finish them myself.
    Nobody takes pride in what they make any more-------where have all the flowers gone ? Turned to crap dear-----every one !

Summers continuing, no rain forecast for today------had to water the garden with the hose pipe this last week-----won't last long-------this is England ------home of the drizzle-----land of the rain ?

May try and get up to Kirdford today and see my old friend Bill Mouland, one of the finest wood turners in the world, he hardly ever goes out into his shop these days--------93 and chair bound and ailing fast, -----he was a real feisty old git until his wife Barbara passed away last year, then the life went out of him. Must make the effort while there's still time.

Enjoying farting about with the old "Roller" ------made in Rising Sun Land-----incredible detail both inside and out, think something quite nice may come out of this one. Picked it up at the car boot sale for a fiver, sometime last year-----stuck it on a shelf and forgot about it. Then I had a bright idea, more I think of it, the more I like it.
    Now I've shot my mouth off, I have to make it "Desireable"-------sie la vie!

Watched the U Tube vid last night of Sirois and Odell doing the "Bahamas 500"-----that's when men wuz men----and women were glad of it !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched the U Tube vid last night of Sirois and Odell doing the "Bahamas 500"-----that's when men wuz men----and women were glad of it !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the new guy at Holman Moody for that race, and went to Nassau with Bill Sundman to refuel and fix what we could. I knew most of the Merc guys from racing for Merc in the old days of OPC. Next year I was in a 28 Donzi.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilabner View Post
    I was the new guy at Holman Moody for that race, and went to Nassau with Bill Sundman to refuel and fix what we could. I knew most of the Merc guys from racing for Merc in the old days of OPC. Next year I was in a 28 Donzi.
    Wasn't that interested in "Offshore" in my younger days, way out of my league.
    Wasn't until I met Pruett in Dez Embiers in '66, then Sirois in Lugano that I got even interested in the other side of boat racing.
    Then when I started visiting Molinari in Como, (long before he acquired Torrigia) that I met offshore drivers like Wayne Vickers, Richie Powers, saw the factory boats and worked on some of the 32' triple outboard powered cigarette rigs . Most of the guys were circuit racers and offshore.
    Closest I got to racing offshore was through reading the comics and the exploits of Doc Magoon and Rick La Mort.
    Knew a number of English offshore racers through Mike Bellamy-----he was one of those people that knew "EVERYTHING" and "EVERYBODY" -----he even introduced me to Phil Rolla-----
    Mike was and still is an innovator -----he could put a rig together for any occasion-----circuit or offshore.
    Proof of this was winning the London ---Monte Carlo with Eddie Chater and Jim ??? Ralph Hilton put up the cash for H.T.S. All these guys were circuit racers long before they went offshore.
    Just as an aside------second in the London --Monte race was Pascoe Watson and Timo Mackinon in an Avenger.
    You'll have to forgive my early morning ramblings-----it's a habit I have!

10. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	22 
Size:	410.3 KB 
ID:	350843Click image for larger version. 

Views:	22 
Size:	410.3 KB 
ID:	350843Click image for larger version. 

Size:	401.2 KB 
ID:	350844

Latest "OFF" golf trophy------reputed to be part of King Tuts golden hoard------the fabled single mast "Dhow" in solid gold, lost for nearly a hundred years.
    You have to be in it to win it------more legendary trophies in the 2016 OFF Tourney than in the Ryder Cup!

12. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw my old friend Bill Mouland yesterday--------chair bound, uses a wheeled zimmer, falls over easily and shakes like a fiddlers elbow.(Parkinson's) He still has the most wicked sense of humour I ever came across.
    I usually greet him with a "nice to see you Bill".
    He always replies "I'm sure it is"
    Bright as a button and can remember the war years like they were yesterday-------can't remember if he ate today or not ! Asked him how old he was-----said "damned if know, pretty old though".
    Glad I made the effort, even though the visit made me sad, don't have many friends like him left.

Looked at the last months efforts and decided I. Have to find something else to do, Ice cream tasting or bird watching ------or is it bird tasting and ice cream watching------trouble is, not much I can do these days.
    All cruised out for this year------drive for 500 miles, then have to stop for the night, don't get the same buzz from a motor any more.
    Maybe I'll wake up in a better frame of mind tomorrow ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rent day again-----amazing how quickly Thursday comes round, seems like three days a week are Thursday ?
    Temperatures dropped to mid sixties, long pants are back on, but have shed the last cashmere in favour of a T shirt.
    Feel fortunate to be able to trot if I want to, walk upright without a stick, help out the neighbours, enjoy a rock concert now and again-------eat and drink what the hell I like with no side effects!
    Most of my friends are now long distance------eg: OFF------S &F----have wonderful people living in the lane over the last five years -------rambling again, must be time to get up.

15. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	125 
Size:	416.2 KB 
ID:	350895

Took me two days to make a trailer ------didn't like the finished article, wheels too big, stollage off centre---------why not do what they did before trailers-------stick it on the roof!.
    Best trailer in the world--------proportions not far off --------would enhance anyone's mantelpiece .

17. Likes olboatman liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	125 
Size:	416.2 KB 
ID:	350895

why not do what they did before trailers-------stick it on the roof!.

19. Thanks shadowcat thanked for this post
    Likes ron54, shadowcat, Bob V liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Seems perfectly normal to me. Especially when you consider how easy it is to launch...by simply driving the car into seven feet of water... I think your onto something brilliant Jackie... Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 07-28-2016 at 08:10 PM.

Page 299 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 199 249 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 349 399 799 ... LastLast