Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Fuji, I'm sure you have many pictures of the Torriggia factory -----the Mercury workshop was on the lowest floor just 6/8 feet above water level----- there's a walkway all the way across the front. Bottomless water i.e.: _miles deep!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There you go Fuji-------I knew you would have a piccie of Torriggia-----------went there when it was JEREMIAH CETTI' S place, -------- long before Molinari got a hold of it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugger it------did my arm in again yesterday for no apparent reason--------beavering away nicely all morning, stopped for lunch and found I couldn't lift my arm. Guess I should have waited a tad longer before getting back in the groove.
    95 degrees forecast for today--------that's bloody warm by anybody's standard let alone the UK.
    Got the most wonderful display of sweet peas--------cutting them twice a day, all the neighbors have been given them, whether they wanted them or not !
    Suppose to be going out for a Father's Day treat with Sam my youngest------I got myself all spruced and scented ready for it--------watch this space
    Started the mark2 version of a Mystic-------got a better overall feel for it this time, no fuss or pretence, just smoothly rounded everything on a chunk of nicely figured oak. In fact, this one may be just good enough to send to JOHN SHERLOCK for detailing.

You may get more than usual posts over the next few days-------my right index finger is unaffected and still functions adequately, along with the brain box which requires regular usage lest it should seize up altogether and cease to function.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daughter Sam bought a house right on the beach at Elmer Sands last week, today I walked the beach just because I could !
    The big eats have been put on hold until after the weekend, she was going up to the o2 arena tonight to see Celine Dionne in concert !
    will be firing up the old Webber in a while--------we got pork filet mignon , new potatoes, fresh garden peas and asparagus. Really slumming it tonight.
    No pudding though-------just strawberries, Raspberries, flat peaches and fresh cream ---------life can be a stone bitch sometimes !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I good on the griddle or what ?
    In all modesty------I am magnificent, and i schucked the peas!
    Pork turned out "Jest Fine JR" Her who shall be obeyed had done all the preparation and marinating and fruiting and wine pouring tablelaying and clearing up after-------but there is no denying, without the grill master,it would have all been for nought.
    We master chefs are not taught------we are born!!! Tonight we found out who was boss,I rest my case!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I can tell you were impressed--------not to worry, as my sainted mother used to say "Worse things happen at sea".
    Thursday AGAIN, I swear blind there are more Thursdays in the week than any other day!
    Giving the shop a rest today to try and get a bit of life back in the arm, daughter Kim is taking me out for the day, maybe a spot of lunch at Chichester Marina and who knows what the day may chuck at us !
    Before that, I have a little foraging to do at the car boot sale------still looking for that lost treasure, the El-Dorado of flea markets. I have renewed faith after somebody found a FABERGE brooch valued at over a million sterling . Just don't seem to have "the touch" I did when I was younger!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not quite the bargain hunt I hoped for, unless you count a pair of "Cane Beachcasters" three reels and all the plugs and flies to last you a lifetime, for the princely sum of £5.
    Found a chap with an unlimited supply of 3" grey duct tape for £3 a roll or two for £5-------- always think of "SWITZER WINGS" when I see a pile of duct tape !

8. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found a chap with an unlimited supply of 3" grey duct tape for £3 a roll or two for £5-------- always think of "SWITZER WINGS" when I see a pile of duct tape !

It might take a little extra duct tape to fix this one...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aa2.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	378299

10. Likes olboatman, GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As many times as I saw those Switzer wings run I never personally saw one have an accident.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have it on good authority that Switzers were the biggest single users of "Duct Tape" and were largely responsible for keeping the firm in business!
    Maybe Rich can answer this one---------were there ever two wings the same ? Every picture I have ever seen is different from the last one, every concept I ever made of a wing is different from the previous one. But that's mainly due to my inability to do two identical anythings !
    At present I have been working on a couple of "MYSTICS"-----they're different as chalk-n-cheese, can't finger the reason why. Maybe I got better, or maybe the left arm packed up on purpose. Construction is totally different from anything I have put together before.
    All I have to do now is find a simple way to do gearcases, then find a propeller source!
    My R/C guy seems to have either changed his mind or forgotten.
    Bought a pack of four that are around the size I want, made in plastic , outa China, reasonable price. Asked if I could buy a hundred but in metal----- no, no, no, one size does all, no discount-----just plastic and only plastic------so solly!
    Some days !!!

13. Thanks Bob V thanked for this post
    Likes Bob V, GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a very nice relaxing day out with daughter Kim. Wound up at the Chichester Yacht club for lunch. Sat by the waters edge with a pint of bitter and a plate of tempura prawns. Does it get any better than that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have it on good authority that Switzers were the biggest single users of "Duct Tape" and were largely responsible for keeping the firm in business!
    However, there was one driver that used so much that he is solely credited for the success of "Duck Tape." I'm not mentioning any names....

Name:	aa4 (2).jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	394.4 KB 
ID:	378432

16. Thanks GENE LANHAM thanked for this post
    Likes CHICKENHAWK liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should be simply grateful for what we got, pisses me off when idiots come out with remarks like, well they could have got there Sooner, they only saved ten of them. Most thankless job on gods earth, like a father------it's expected !
    when your there it's a case of "WHAT YOU DOING HERE"--------when you're not there it's "WHERE THE HELL YOU BEEN"?
    Jackie--I found a classic photo--Caption: 'Who's fighting the fire?'

The riots in Miami 1980--there was a lot of gunfire--several pieces of equipment had bullet holes-(including Engine 1)

The Chief said--'Pull back, let it burn'--

Last edited by GENE LANHAM; 06-23-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	IMG_1566.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	409.1 KB 
ID:	378459

Got three hours in the shop this morning--------felt like a glimpy one armed fartyman, but using a bit of imagination-----a touch of logic-------a little faith, things started to take shape.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	IMG_1562.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	403.4 KB 
ID:	378507

Slowly slowly ----catchee monkee?

Page 397 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 297 347 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 447 497 897 ... LastLast