Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...At the Stuart SailFish Regatta today... Anyone else there, check'n out the...um...boats? www.StuartSailfishRegatta.com
    I was pulling trailers on one of the little John Deere's in the pits all weekend. If I discovered your identity I would have kept your secret. Maybe.

3. Thanks GENE LANHAM thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also driving the black STV in the promo video you linked. That was from 2014. Man...those GP's are impressive on that small course!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing like a body to liven up a struggling thread, especially one like Genes "Friend", word got around and the hits went wild !
    Monday morning in the shop was semi- productive, one gear case and three pipes was all I managed before it was visiting time at the hospital.
    See what tomorrow brings!

6. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mister h View Post
    Bloody Hell T11x you must have been very young when you raced the kneel down boats I would have guessed in 65 you would have been around 18 or 19 yrs old. How old were you when you raced your first Cat and was It OMC powered?.
    Started kneeldowns at 9 first junior race ar 12 or so-..... furst cat was 13 foot powercat with a Merc 850 in 63 or so followed by a 15 foot Powercat with twin 1000's. Only raced OMC's (Evinrude gt 115's factory motors) for one season on an 18 Eltro in 1968 (. Linder , Gene Bianco, Sonny Werner and I constituted the Eltro All American R. T. Back then. When Eltro switched from wood to glass i wound up with the prototype 16 footer and a pair of 1250 bp Mercs. Never went back to OMC until my current Vintage Moli, Gold Dust.
    Last edited by T2x; 05-23-2016 at 10:31 PM.
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

8. Thanks shadowcat thanked for this post
    Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rich, I've been thinking long and hard about your comments on "SINGLE BOATS ARE LACKING SOMETHING"---------you are absolutely right-------------it's called weight and drag, that's why they are always quicker than twins.
    Let the fun begin-----it's been lacking for a while ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One OMC v8 has gone faster than any other....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fujimo...I believe I've cracked the case of your mystery identity. After your post about attending the Sailfish Regatta in Stuart I got to thinking on it. I too was in Stuart all weekend in the pits. There were a number of old-timers there, but not so many OPC guys as it is primarily an inboard event. Who did I see who might fit the bill?? Then I thought about the PHOTO you posted of the bikini contestant, FUJImo, and it CLICKED (notice the photography theme). I haven't yet been able to recall your name and may have to ask my mother, Sally Titus, for it. I know she has given you many a pit-pass over the past 4 decades or so. Your secret is safe with me as I kinda enjoy the puzzlement of the OFF crew.
    So...have I got you pegged? Or do I need to confirm your name and PM you???
    Ron Titus

12. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you should let sleeping dogs lie Ron-------if Fuji wants to lie low, there just might be a good and valid reason for it------He gave a lot of folk a lot of pleasure with his thread.
    I once asked him who he was, he declined to tell me, he also told me we had never met.
    If you do happen to be able to put a name to Fujimo------maybe a good idea if you ask him first if it's OK to put his name all over the hog market!

Spent the afternoon at the hospital visiting my daughter Kim, she's been rather poorly, was due for an op today, but it got cancelled (Mitigating circumstances).

Very little progress shop wise----will do better tomorrow .

Ron ----you any relation to JEFF TITUS ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15. Likes Ronster43 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Junior boat racers

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Started kneeldowns at 9 first junior race ar 12 or so-..... furst cat was 13 foot powercat with a Merc 850 in 63 or so followed by a 15 foot Powercat with twin 1000's. Only raced OMC's (Evinrude gt 115's factory motors) for one season on an 18 Eltro in 1968 (. Linder , Gene Bianco, Sonny Werner and I constituted the Eltro All American R. T. Back then. When Eltro switched from wood to glass i wound up with the prototype 16 footer and a pair of 1250 bp Mercs. Never went back to OMC until my current Vintage Moli, Gold Dust.
    Hey T2 sounds like you were not much older than a sprog when you first started racing boats .I would guess maybe your father or some family member got you into racing boats.In the UK we started junior boat racing but it was a some years after I started racing boats.I went to a boat racing event in the UK last year and the juniors were racing with 15 or 18 hp engines they ran a shorter circuit than the larger faster boats.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve, the Junior Circuit was always shorter than the club circuit-------Mark started in the junior class when he was ten, along with Andy Elliot and Tiff Needell,
    Daughter Sam was ten when she started racing------had to stop her competing, she was far too aggressive------bumped everyone out of the way, would sooner go over than around. She is still like that today and she's coming up fifty.
    Hodges built daughter Kim a ten foot tunnel boat------Len Britnell was commodore at the LMBRC and took one look at the boat and banned it from even being put in the water--------we fell out big time and I never raced again at Iver.
    Guess I was always a stroppy sort of character, even in those days------not much changes methinks ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Maybe you should let sleeping dogs lie Ron-------if Fuji wants to lie low, there just might be a good and valid reason for it------He gave a lot of folk a lot of pleasure with his thread.
    I once asked him who he was, he declined to tell me, he also told me we had never met.
    If you do happen to be able to put a name to Fujimo------maybe a good idea if you ask him first if it's OK to put his name all over the hog market!

Spent the afternoon at the hospital visiting my daughter Kim, she's been rather poorly, was due for an op today, but it got cancelled (Mitigating circumstances).

Very little progress shop wise----will do better tomorrow .

Ron ----you any relation to JEFF TITUS ?
    Absolutely Jackie. As I said...his "secret's safe with me". Yes I'm Jeff's youngest son. I reside in Jacksonville. If I've never said it before, I enjoy your thread. Keep it up!

19. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you give him up the pictures might stop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2us70 View Post
    If you give him up the pictures might stop.
    And just to be clear...I specifically said I would not out him. "PM" means private message.

Page 274 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 174 224 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 324 374 774 ... LastLast