Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Jackie: I notice 2 things when I looked at your pictures.
    1. You just can't get away from a "Rotary". Hint, look at the matt.
    2. It looks like the cannons will shoot off the prop?
    Have a good day!
    Ok, so I got a ROTORY cutting mat Johnno-------if I remember rightly all ROTORY means is circular motion-------turning----??going round ?
    Your the engineer------I'm the eighty year old kid with the cannons and I was under the delusion that the engineers had synchronised the rounds to fire "BETWEEN" the blades? Is that too complicated for engineering geeks?
    I needed to make room for the wing tanks, -----the "EXCORCET" missiles and a couple of 500 pounders, 4 incendiaries , 2 flame throwers and a couple of stars, maybe a few stripes, then of course I'd have to do the open jawed shark --------needs a bit of red white and blue somewhere along the line! You Don't think I'm maybe heading a tad O/TT do you?

Mark came down to see me along with Simon, my grandson, so I treated them to lunch at the Holly Tree, my local pub. They each had a "PLOUGHMANS" and me myself had Scampi and Fries, unfortunately I've lost most of my hearing which the two of them thought was hilarious, had the piss taken out of me mercilessly .

Tomorrow will be a bad day. All round. After that it can only get better! MYGGWY .J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    see Jackie- I rest my case--your work is more than just a few pieces of wood or metal

QUOTE=Watermark;2810387]Jackie - My father, Gerry, celebrated his 91st birthday with our family on Friday. The highlight was seeing your 16" Sprint on the dining room table, which of course prompted a trip down memory lane. Dad watched you race in Valleyfield and Parker, was at every race of mine in NA and several in Europe. Like you, his hearing is pretty much shot (holding boats in place during Lemans starts didn't help ), but isn't too worried about it... just tells us to crank up the volume. In any case, he'll be sharing your artwork with us - the race never ends at our place!

Attachment 332183[/QUOTE]

3. Likes olboatman liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Gene, I have to tell you, I feel honoured and humbled that you put some of my concepts on the "TRICKS" thread.
    was going to put a winch on the jockey/winch block but never quite around to doing it.
    Bit like the road to hell------full of good intentions.

Went back to the "MALIBUSTANG" made the mount, got it half right,!! Spun up a few "SAMs" and a couple of "stingers", just have to mount them under the wing and stitch the radio mast on it.!
    Oh yes, I forgot to tell you Gene , I painted the wing silver, the mohogony wing was never going to be anything other than a misfit, then polished the oak fuselage.
    Once it's all cobbled together, I'll post you a piccie------not a lot of Malibu left in her my friend------there is a hell of a lot of -----"MUSTANG" though.
    You will like the caption I gave her.

Was going to Clive's Birthday bonfire and Hog Roast last night but got smitten by the dreaded " Lurgy" ------Puke and Squits. -----took to my bed for 24 hours and felt like a dogs dinner. Gently eased my way into the shop for an hour late morning. Lost 94 percent of my hearing-----Jilly is now shouting at me, won't be long before she starts throwing things.

Got a dilly of a headache, might get back to you later in the day. Enjoy the rest of the weekend------mine got screwed!
    Jackie. I searched high & low on eBay & other hobby sites & can't find a propeller the diameter of the ones you have in this photo & others. Where did you get it so I can source two for the models you did for me.Also, a question for you. The two stands that came with the models allow the skeg to touch the surface. Is this the way they were made or for some reason they got switched with someone else's models?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the prop & post showing the correct size prop
    The beautiful props Gary sent me were too big, even for the V8 and Rotory, but he sent me a couple of smaller ones that work just fine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary Stray is my grandson by marriage to Louise Wilson-------he runs GIECO racing------he also sent me a huge selection of props for the "Concepts"------all long since used. Average cost of these props were $25 apiece--------remember most of the stuff I do has twin motors----any old fart can soon work out how much just the materials cost.!

I had better days in my life than today!
    My sister Ange and husband Clive decided Jilly and I should not drive on our own to the crematorium, so they picked us up around nine and we motored slowly to Findon to join the eighty plus folk that had gathered to pay their last respects to Matt.
    It went as funerals do "according to plan".

Jilly lost both her boys in the space of forty days------both in their mid forties----left five kids fatherless and two widows.
    Sometimes life is difficult to understand, there is no rhyme or reason to it, try and work it out and you wind up a basket case, it's a total enigma !

Like I said------I've had better days !

7. Thanks shadowcat thanked for this post
    Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie, I've contacted Terry Topjun (he did the 1/8 scale diecast outboard motors - Alterscale) and he's got some props left over that I am trying to get for you. Terry wasn't at home when I emailed him, but I'll follow-up with him shortly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AlterscaleMotors.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	332288

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a million Roger-----I keep scanning the R/C columns on EBay but haven't really come up with El Dorado yet. There's the odd one or two for sale here and there------looking for the old chap that's retiring and disposing of everything he owns for ten cents on the dollar.
    Then again, I've always been a dreamer!
    Remember the old adage "Today is the first day of the rest of your life" well, I am beginning to feel like that.
    Did not sleep at all well last night, was mentally overtired but physically fit and the body part won, it's rent day , Thursday again, so I'm going to the car boot sale at Ford to shuffle around and see what I can find, no rain forecast and not too cold.
    Let you know how I fared later-----have a nice day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two wooden spokeshaves, two 12" steel rules and a new Scular switch for the banbsaw I picked up a couple of weeks ago, a 15 oz, gorilla super glue and came home with change out of a tenner, can't be all bad.
    Turned up an axle and damn near finished one of the wheels for the next concept-----people seem to like boats on trailers specially if they fit the boat,. Needed to slip into easy mode, something I didn't have to measure and check, I can do trailers with my eyes shut, but it does keep me busy and I don't need to think.
    Only piccie your likely to get any time soon is the "MALIBUSTANG"-------haven't got the steel for the vapour trail yet--------this is not an original idea of my own,, it's something I snitched from the memorial spitfire down in HAMBLE.
    Nap time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    Jackie, I've contacted Terry Topjun (he did the 1/8 scale diecast outboard motors - Alterscale) and he's got some props left over that I am trying to get for you. Terry wasn't at home when I emailed him, but I'll follow-up with him shortly.

Name:	AlterscaleMotors.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	332288
    Roger & Jackie,

I don't believe that the prop shaft hole is large enough for the shaft sizes Jackie uses or enough material to allow drilling it to the correct size. Scale a bit off as well.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I guess it isn't for you Jackie, but nevertheless have a great day.

Roger, where did you get the miniature Kapok racing lifejacket? I have a 55H, 75H, 30H & 55H with stacks as well as the offshore merc. No V-8 OMC

John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Jackie: So sorry for your personal losses and for the delay in responding, but it has been hectic here as well. Unfortunately, we were not able to incorporate the trophies into the CRA/OFF cocktail reception due to the late arrival of the items. We will have the big trophy ready for the next event.... It is beautiful and I will be able to fix it shortly and mount it on a base with proper plaques, etc. Betty also gave me all of the other pieces and I will put them up for auction at the CRA spring event, as you requested. In the meantime if anyone wants an original OMC Rotary sculpture please PM me.
    Check will go out next week.
    Best wishes my friend and Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to the Thai for Marks farewell dinner------huge success----all the clan were gathered, tell you tomorrow if I get a half chance------it's going on midnight-----need large portions of ZUZZ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Hi Jackie: So sorry for your personal losses and for the delay in responding, but it has been hectic here as well. Unfortunately, we were not able to incorporate the trophies into the CRA/OFF cocktail reception due to the late arrival of the items. We will have the big trophy ready for the next event.... It is beautiful and I will be able to fix it shortly and mount it on a base with proper plaques, etc. Betty also gave me all of the other pieces and I will put them up for auction at the CRA spring event, as you requested. In the meantime if anyone wants an original OMC Rotary sculpture please PM me.
    Check will go out next week.
    Best wishes my friend and Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    Thanks for filling me in Rich-----was beginning to think you might not like the Roller/Wing combo for your CBA Trophy----was getting a tad worried, so I'm pleased it's all ok.
    As you know, reason for selling off some of the "Concepts" is to offset the horrendous postage charges!
    Have found a method of posting heavy items without incurring huge costs, which will not incur such huge costs for next time.
    Have a great Christmas and give my love to Doreen. J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Schubert View Post
    Roger & Jackie,

I don't believe that the prop shaft hole is large enough for the shaft sizes Jackie uses or enough material to allow drilling it to the correct size. Scale a bit off as well.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I guess it isn't for you Jackie, but nevertheless have a great day.

Roger, where did you get the miniature Kapok racing lifejacket? I have a 55H, 75H, 30H & 55H with stacks as well as the offshore merc. No V-8 OMC

John
    John, The 150Merc has a large prop hub and the V8 is large enough too, for the 5mm screw that Jackie is using. The V6 Merc is probably the best one. I got the life-jackets off ebay I think. The 55Hw/stacks is Terry's rendition of the Quincy deflector. He actually measured my stacks off C202, so I made a cover set to match the model. Brought the motor to the Mt. Dora ACBS show to announce the availability of the Deflector model.

Name:	Model-C202lfSide2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	332321

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	419.3 KB 
ID:	332331Click image for larger version. 

Views:	6 
Size:	413.0 KB 
ID:	332332Click image for larger version. 

Views:	12 
Size:	437.0 KB 
ID:	332333Click image for larger version. 

Views:	10 
Size:	412.4 KB 
ID:	332334Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11 
Size:	401.9 KB 
ID:	332335

Threw in in a couple of "in progress" piccies-----got nothing remotely near being finished. Should pick up the stainless for the vapour trail in the morning, then I can put the "MALIBUSTANG" to bed.
    Thought I was close to finishing the trailer--------put the boat on it and guess what ? I made the bloody axle, 2" too narrow-----forgot about the mudguards------duh------dingleberry
    Will only take me an hour or so to spin up a new one, turn both ends down to size to fit the wheel bearings, then drill it to take the chassis-------little things, sent to try us--------cannot admit to human error.

Last two piccies are Jilly's granddaughter ELIZABETH FLEUR HOPE, that means she's ," our Betty".
    Been the antidote for all the recent happenings, gives us something to hang on to in this crazy last year!

May get back to you later!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a lot happened after that-------it rained a lot, got dark very quickly, thought to myself------what the hell am I doing out here-------I have three and a bit weeks before Christmas with nothing at all planned------I can come and go as I please !!!!

So I locked the door, went into the house, lit the wood burner , poured a large portion and put my feet up, switched off tor the day.
    Somedays you get to eat bear!

18. Thanks shadowcat thanked for this post
    Likes shadowcat liked this post
Page 219 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 119 169 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 269 319 719 1219 ... LastLast