Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	403.9 KB 
ID:	317322Click image for larger version. 

Views:	22 
Size:	374.2 KB 
ID:	317323Click image for larger version. 

Views:	19 
Size:	404.0 KB 
ID:	317324

Well, there you go, as promised, piccies of Warbys wonder, how do like my spray booth?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a day, as my friend Chas used to say "Somedays you eat bear----other days the bear eats you", Today I ate bear.
    Boy did I ever do a number on R/J's gear case, best I ever did, took less than three hours in total, so started on the steering bar and the mounting stand. All this while I'm painting WARBY'S "Spirit", cooking with gas! Or what?
    Certainly earned my keep today-----it's only 4:30 pm and I got a large scotch in my hand, a glow in my belly and a hankering for another, way to go Wilson!
    Talked to Sam ( youngest daughter), she's in Vietnam for 3 weeks, home for 3 days then Stuart Florida for 2 Weeks. If I pack Rogers wing and as many of the others as I can get into a suitcase, she will take them with her.
    Will try and get a large suitcase at the car boot sale tomorrow!

Last piccy is Daughter Boos lamp. Talk tonight!j.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie: What kind of scotch do you like?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Jackie: What kind of scotch do you like?
    Single Malt Johnno as a special treat, but CC is my everyday quaff and pick me up after a day in the shop.
    As a special treat just for you, I made the main trunk of the ROTORY out of a lump of very old English oak. Reason is, it's really dense and should finish up nicely------should get it finished Over the easter weekend. Will post you a progress piccy by close of play tomorrow .
    There's a chance I might get it in the suitcase of stuff heading for Florida------least ways it'll be the right side of the pond.
    Was well into the steering bar when I called it a day, if I get tired I don't play with machines, and when I get tangled in power tool leads it's time to quit.

First time in nearly four months I shall take the trusty Lexus for a spin, easter car boot sale at Ford Airfield, my old snotter is twitching, can feel a bargain lurking, J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie..We have Mike Costin coming down to the Badlands to give us a talk this month...Did you deal with him much or just with Keith?
    Any reminiscences I can remind him of.....does he owe you any monies etc ?.

Talking of Lexus got mine last week.tax it tomorrow ready for the 1st meeting at combe on Monday,I hear they like a drink though!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie, not sure what inspires you to take on a specific project but I'm hoping you might be be interested in another commission, one that is near and dear to my heart... That 1970-ish? 16' Molinari that you once drove, the same rig that I ultimately ended up driving in 1973. That was my first tunnel boat - and as you know, one's first always brings forth special memories ;0) Enjoyed a wild and wonderful season that year - won the UI championship, rolled it and blew it over while crossing the finish line on a kilo run Thanksgiving weekend. Set the record upside down, beating Dick Summerfeldt's Miles Master by a couple mph. I was elated! Interestingly, it was Dick's engine that Mecury Canada had begged or borrowed...

That you and I shared that same seat way-back-when, and the thought that I might someday own a miniature likeness of that very same Moli, has me excited.. Please give it some thought ...if it feels right and you have the time... Sometime, anytime... Well.. I'd be honoured.
    - Mark R.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Jackie..We have Mike Costin coming down to the Badlands to give us a talk this month...Did you deal with him much or just with Keith?
    Any reminiscences I can remind him of.....does he owe you any monies etc ?.

Talking of Lexus got mine last week.tax it tomorrow ready for the 1st meeting at combe on Monday,I hear they like a drink though!
    Wonderful chap Mike COSTAIN---Very famous glider pilot, the quiet one of the "Muskateers" with Ben Rood as D'Artagnan. He was with KIETH and i drifting in a ski boat on his lake near Bedford when the decision to build the Cosworth was taken, I'm sure he will remember that!
    I was the one that owe Cosworth.

Lexus is a drunk, but worth it, best car I have ever owned.

Mark, I will get back to you lunch time! Off to the car boot now. J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Mark, been thinking about the little 16' sprint , while I am capable of doing a "Concept " I don't do models because I know the extent of my capabilities and a detailed Molinari sprint does not
    Come close to what I can do----
    Will pick up a chunk of wood next week, Turin around and let's see , anyway, I'm still pissed at you for missing Tavares last November. J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	386.1 KB 
ID:	317429

"THAR YA GO GO" Johhno, progress piccy as promised
    ----been haulin mail today-----it's all looking good---exaggerated the power head, Steering bar and gear case. Looks far better than the previous effort, a bit of panache and flair with this one, well, there had to be something special for its creator.

have put the two together so you can see the difference
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie I screwed up and pushed the wrong button and erased what I was about to send. I'll try again. I kinda like the first one better. I'll admit the #2 gearcase does look better, but the proportions and dark wood appeal to me more. I'm trying to figure out how to get you a bottle of Glenlivet or Glenfiddich??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnno, go back to the quick reply window-----bottom left hand corner will come up "Restore auto saved content.".

Second effort is only "In progress" it's only had one coat of polish to protect the wood whilst it's being manhandled, I still haven't shaped the drive housing and they are piss---poor pictures, wait till I say " TIS Finished" then choose !

Save the malt until Tavares, I'm like DEANO----I just play at being a drunk ! I think ?!

Did the car boot sale, miserable morning, cold with rain and drizzle, trunkie let me down, there were no raving bargains, just a load of old tat, never spent a red cent, most Unjack like, I usually buy something that I never wanted anyway to put with the other six I have in the drawer!

Just had a delivery of. 25 flap discs, 10 flap wheels, 50 drum sanders all for under £50 including postage----guess from where?-------Hong Kong of course, it's easier than buying socks at Marks and Spencer's. Where will it all end? If I flush the toilet I bet it gets recycled in Rangoon and sold back to us via B&Q.

Good Friday tomorrow, first holiday of the year, all the daffodils are out, may blossom in the hedgerows, willow trees have green leaves showing, feels like the world is waking up and stretching.
    Enough of my ramblings for one day, will punish you some more later.MYGGWY,J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how an "Old Fart Forever" like you does it. Cuts fingertip nearly off, drinks scotch, builds incredible wood pieces, makes friends with everybody, buys "Old Blue", creates amazing family, plays lousy golf, enjoys daffodils (Iris' are my favorite), and never forgets a name. Hope to see you again at Tavares again in November. - Seeroy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Ok Mark, been thinking about the little 16' sprint , while I am capable of doing a "Concept " I don't do models because I know the extent of my capabilities and a detailed Molinari sprint does not
    Come close to what I can do----
    Will pick up a chunk of wood next week, Turin around and let's see , anyway, I'm still pissed at you for missing Tavares last November. J.
    I do feel bad, guilty and disappointed in myself for not getting there... Plan to correct that this fall. As far as detail is concerned, I'm not looking for a replicated model... toy companies do that. This is all about art and your personal connection to the piece itself. Whatever you might come up with will have special meaning... float loose and be your creative self - that's what I'd love to see.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie, given you already have your Merc in-line engine/lower unit figured out, perhaps the boat could be scaled to fit?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mark:

We are all still mad at you for missing Tavares...We are also mad at Lars.

Both of you....go to your rooms.
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Page 138 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 38 88 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 188 238 638 1138 ... LastLast