5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	399.8 KB 
ID:	324651

Something i I did earlier, from memory ,I think it has a number seven on it.
    Finally got my Father's Day presents from Sam, my youngest, one of these was a bottle of smelly
    " MAN IN BLACK" by Bulgari, man I tell you, that is some powerful odour,, I GET A SMILE, NOD AND A WINK FROM EVERY PASSING FELINE.

I see Butler ( Of Mercury fame) seems to be working back at the company. Another of my old mates ( Hawkeyes Hawkins) who retired from ILMOR recently is back working full time.
    What is the matter with these people, retire gracefully and start a new life, enjoy the new found freedom---like wot I do. ,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been more like the summer days I remember as a kid, blue skies, gentle breeze 75 degrees. Where I grew up in the west riding of Yorkshire in the small village of Lightcliffe there were several worked out quarries that were filled with water, this was our swimming pool. Thing I remember most, is how damned cold the water was . Bit different to the pool temp we had today, 80 and rising!

Told you how I made a couple of steering wheels for the Roller, seeing as how I had it out on the bench I fitted a new tow bar, then realised it didn't have a lighting board, got stuck into making one
    out of stainless and diamonds------turned around and it was CC7 o'clock, shall continue with said number plate tomorrow.

1st of August today, Europe goes on vacation for the whole month and come the 1st of September it's like everyone left the beach-----that's it -----summer over, closed, shutters drawn, last one to leave , turn off the lights, -----reopens Easter!!!

Remember a few years back, was supposed to meet Seebold in Sannibell Island , I got the date wrong by a week, when Jilly and I arrived, we were the only living things on the island, there had been a mass exodus!

Enough of the ramblings for one day, talk to you Sunday, MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was a "BLUE MOON" last night, first time in three years, due I'm told to the presence of shooting stars etc, no doubt Pilgrim will tell me otherwise.
    Off out to lunch today with Jilly's brother David, going to "The Black Horse" at Binstead, one of the villages close to home!
    If LASSE can go to "Castaways" then I figure it's ok for me to go to the black horse, HEE, HEEE.
    Been told I can go out in the shop until noon, then put on me Sunday best for lunch!
    I see Seebolds in Seattle, but Rinker pinched the pole by a good second, Told Billy he should have had Mark do Timmy a qualifying prop, he never listens!
    Looks like another beautiful day, Jesus wept, two in a row, might have to water the garden if this continues-----Bon continuation pour Le weekend peeps!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get a blue moon looking through a Bombay Sapphire bottle when empty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    You get a blue moon looking through a Bombay Sapphire bottle when empty
    You get the same result with a full bottle too Pilgrim!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a good lunch at the "Black Horse" in Binstead ------not a great lunch, but passable!
    Never did get back into the shop!
    spent an hour talking to my son Mark on FaceTime, he was back in his shop working on his boat!

Timmy Seebold went swimming in Seattle, leading at the time? Wonder how long ago his last dunking was ? He should know better than that by now-----can't be many racers left running that has the amount of "SEAT TIME" he has!

Been a series of plane crashes this weekend in England, A seven million pound private jet, killing all four Saudis. Second was a gnat stunt plane, pilot lost his life. Third was a biggin hill spitfire, lost power on takeoff and did a text book crash landing, pilot ok.
    Enjoyed a lazy day, managed about three hours in the shop, putting some finishing touches to the Roller and a posh lighting board for the yew wing. That thing is going to be a stone bitch to transport. Not allowed to make a wooden box for it if it's bound for the USA, not a lot of people know that. ,!!!

T2X sent me a piccy of his new toys shop,-----told him "ITS OBSCENE ". Post it on here Rich, show the people I am not exaggerating------ 100 illegals could call it home, pot bellied stove and a latrine ---- nice little earner there!!!
    Its that time of night again, bye bye time, MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post

T2X sent me a piccy of his new toys shop,-----told him "ITS OBSCENE ". Post it on here Rich, show the people I am not exaggerating------ 100 illegals could call it home, pot bellied stove and a latrine ---- nice little earner there!!!
    Jackie, Did he send you pictures of ALL of the garages and buildings??? He's gone country on us! It is a beautiful place!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	23 
Size:	399.5 KB 
ID:	324786Click image for larger version. 

Views:	24 
Size:	406.0 KB 
ID:	324787
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    Jackie, Did he send you pictures of ALL of the garages and buildings??? He's gone country on us! It is a beautiful place!
    No Roger, he just sent me a couple of piccies of T2X shacks that happen to adorn the playground!
    Damned good job he didn't send 'em before we agreed a price on the "Luhrs" trophy, I would have charged him double.!

9. Likes RogerH liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He reminds me of the guy who liked the Remington razor, he liked it so he bought the company,
    Rich liked North Carolina so much ----------HE BOUGHT IT .

11. Likes RogerH liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	23 
Size:	399.5 KB 
ID:	324786Click image for larger version. 

Views:	24 
Size:	406.0 KB 
ID:	324787
    No Roger, he just sent me a couple of piccies of T2X shacks that happen to adorn the playground!
    Damned good job he didn't send 'em before we agreed a price on the "Luhrs" trophy, I would have charged him double.!
    Figured he just show the basics........Here's a view of the Interstate Hwy. into the place! Did he mention he has his own police protection???

Name:	Luhrs-GQ-5.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	436.1 KB 
ID:	324849
    Last edited by RogerH; 08-03-2015 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention that the "Interstate" to the place has its own toll bridge, and yes, that is Rich's own flock of turkeys (the deer are close by too) you can see beyond the bridge. Thanksgiving ought to be interesting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    =RogerH;2777227]Forgot to mention that the "Interstate" to the place has its own toll bridge, and yes, that is Rich's own flock of turkeys (the deer are close by too) you can see beyond the bridge. Thanksgiving ought to be interesting.[/QUOTE]

It's easier to get an invite to the White House for thanksgiving dinner than it is to T2x's for supper any day of the week I suppose !
    Would be fun chasing Doreen round the plantation,Largeholding, Bonanza, county, state, ? What would you call a spread like that "TERRITORY "!?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    =RogerH;2777227]Forgot to mention that the "Interstate" to the place has its own toll bridge, and yes, that is Rich's own flock of turkeys (the deer are close by too) you can see beyond the bridge. Thanksgiving ought to be interesting.
    It's easier to get an invite to the White House for thanksgiving dinner than it is to T2x's for supper any day of the week I suppose !
    Would be fun chasing Doreen round the plantation,Largeholding, Bonanza, county, state, ? What would you call a spread like that "TERRITORY "!?[/QUOTE]
    You are welcome for dinner anytime Jackie!
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Would be fun chasing Doreen round the plantation,Largeholding, Bonanza, county, state, ? What would you call a spread like that "TERRITORY "!?
    You are welcome for dinner anytime Jackie![/QUOTE]
    I know that Rich, Roger and I were just doing the proverbial leg pull, as good friends do, the new house is absolutely beautiful. Hope to visit you one day, but getting medical insurance for a visit is nigh on impossible! Even though I have never had a claim.

Had six cubic metres of firewood delivered yesterday, stacked the first two metres before Jilly stormed out and demanded I cease, due to the fact I am "feak and weeble" and will ache for a month!
    Asked the delivery guy if he ever had any "BURRS"------- he brought back two me two fine specimens, one of beech and one ash, spent the afternoon working on the beech, it's turning out rather interesting, could be the best thing I've done to date.
    couple if piccies of the burrs in their raw state.The log pile that caused me calf ache.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

17. Likes RogerH liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	10 
Size:	388.0 KB 
ID:	324933

About ten ten hours into the Burr beech-----what is coming forth, is an amazing work of art by nature herself. All I've done is carefully removed all traces of bark, what's left is something of pure magic, might take a couple more piccies later!

Page 183 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 83 133 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 233 283 683 1183 ... LastLast