User Tag List

Page 80 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 30 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 130 180 580 1080 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 18756
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C'mon pilgrim,let's not get too blinkered and bigoted here-----you cannot be dumb enough to think the "them and us syndrome is peculiar to the UK!
    I happen to like the British system just the way it is, while it may not be perfect I am happy to be a British subject and a citizen of Great Britain so get off'n your soap box and don't try to tell me what I am and am not until you can look me in the eye and show me you have a better system, cos I sure as hell don't see anything better anywhere else in the world.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stacked Wing .....

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Hey Welch....your (now stacker equipped) Wing awaits.....and Tavares is a short flight or a long drive with Tom....either way...we would love to see you.
    Sorry I'm out of chronological order (that means arranged according to the passing of time Jackie), but I missed this post from T2x.

Rich,
    that's one hell of a great offer you have presented ..... very brave considering that the last time I was behind the wheel of that Wing I sunk it!

Would love to be there BS'ing with you guys, but it's just not in the cards this year. On a connected side note, I just happened to come across my helmet and jacket a week or so ago. Couldn't help but notice that the remnants of what once was a big ol' 108 mph Lake Winnebago lake fly is still splattered all over the "flip up" bubble shield! I really disliked killing those big bugs with my teeth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    C'mon pilgrim,let's not get too blinkered and bigoted here-----you cannot be dumb enough to think the "them and us syndrome is peculiar to the UK!
    I happen to like the British system just the way it is, while it may not be perfect I am happy to be a British subject and a citizen of Great Britain so get off'n your soap box and don't try to tell me what I am and am not until you can look me in the eye and show me you have a better system, cos I sure as hell don't see anything better anywhere else in the world.
    I love the system as long as you are a member of 'them' so either be born into it or just go to the correct school and he half in ( like me, well as much as a convict can be)
    Its a great club, people like the Egyptian green grocer tried to get in but sorry he can never get in, of course the joke is the club only exists in the eyes of people that think they are an us and not a them. The 'us' created the 'them' club..lol

Hey the joke was you where born a subject but not a citizen, did you know that? Since a change in the law in 82 you are now both

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    I love the system as long as you are a member of 'them' so either be born into it or just go to the correct school and he half in ( like me, well as much as a convict can be)
    Its a great club, people like the Egyptian green grocer tried to get in but sorry he can never get in, of course the joke is the club only exists in the eyes of people that think they are an us and not a them. The 'us' created the 'them' club..lol

Hey the joke was you where born a subject but not a citizen, did you know that? Since a change in the law in 82 you are now both
    All depends which CLUB you want to belong to and where your aspirations lead you,
    This is where the give 'em an inch rule comes into play------ the gypto was allowed a premier div football club and one of the worlds finest grocery stores before the "Enough is enough" rule was enforced.
    Look no further than the universities in any civilised western or eastern country and see whether it was dosh or brains that made the grade?
    America is no different to Australia, China, India, Europe Japan , Africa or SouthAmerica------there is a pecking order, a hierarchy ----just the same as the jungle.
    Even the US has it's royalty.

I went to my "correct" school, local council run, then technical school. Father was a baker so I served an apprenticeship -----ten years later I jumped off the roundabout and started enjoying work and life and grew to be a big boy, made my own decisions and stood and fell by them.
    I love my country and what it stands for, I love the fact we have a sovereign who has reigned over us for over sixty years.
    If there is anything with history, I'll guarantee it's not all good, if your making history, you don't get it right all the time and you you have to live with it.
    Any bloody fool can stay back and do nothing except bitch and point the finger, very few step up to fill the breach without being asked.

So all I'm saying is stop being so bloody NEGATIVE, makes no difference to me if you was a convict or a carpenter before you or your ancestors were shipped out to the colonies, get a life and I'll continue making the most of mine.

Now you made me use up all my talk time till tomorrow so let's all have a good nights rest, MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long Live the Queen..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long Live the Queen..
    And all who sail in her!!!

If this is global warming then I'm all for it. Last couple of days in October and the temp hits 21C don't doubt we'll cop a cold somewhere along the way to compensate.
    The postage to San Diego for "The Geisha" was $125 with no insurance, cannot begin to imagine how much it would be to insure it along the way, weight came out at a tad over 5kilos
    So if any of my colonial friends feel the need to invest in one of my offerings you got some idea on price of postage!!!
    Two weeks today the Tavares show will be in full swing and me and the rest of the OFFS will be reliving the dream and doing what we do best "BULLSH---TING" and the rest of you will be encouraging us on.

After the last round of powerboat politics with all the Arab race boats banned along with the teams and personnel from Key West, seems to me five will get you ten , that the winds of change are coming, You can only hold the tide back for so long before you get wet feet.
    Listened to a few moans and groans about the present format for offshore racing and it doesn't look at all healthy to me. Maybe it's time to shake the tree.
    There is always room for an alternative, and let's call a spade a bloody shovel , be honest about it, there is room for a lot more offshore race boats than you got now.

Bit of a bugger when you can have twice as much fun at a tenth of the price at any poker run you care to mention, I once asked my son how come you get 200 boats at any poker run but nothing like that number at offshore races, I forget what the answer was but I got a feeling he might tell me again at Tavares .
    Must be getting old, the peepers won't stay open as long, the body can't cope with young grand kids like it used to -----not even midnight and I'm done, MYGGWY .J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    And all who sail in her!!!

If this is global warming then I'm all for it. Last couple of days in October and the temp hits 21C don't doubt we'll cop a cold somewhere along the way to compensate.
    The postage to San Diego for "The Geisha" was $125 with no insurance, cannot begin to imagine how much it would be to insure it along the way, weight came out at a tad over 5kilos
    So if any of my colonial friends feel the need to invest in one of my offerings you got some idea on price of postage!!!
    Two weeks today the Tavares show will be in full swing and me and the rest of the OFFS will be reliving the dream and doing what we do best "BULLSH---TING" and the rest of you will be encouraging us on.

After the last round of powerboat politics with all the Arab race boats banned along with the teams and personnel from Key West, seems to me five will get you ten , that the winds of change are coming, You can only hold the tide back for so long before you get wet feet.
    Listened to a few moans and groans about the present format for offshore racing and it doesn't look at all healthy to me. Maybe it's time to shake the tree.
    There is always room for an alternative, and let's call a spade a bloody shovel , be honest about it, there is room for a lot more offshore race boats than you got now.

Bit of a bugger when you can have twice as much fun at a tenth of the price at any poker run you care to mention, I once asked my son how come you get 200 boats at any poker run but nothing like that number at offshore races, I forget what the answer was but I got a feeling he might tell me again at Tavares .
    Must be getting old, the peepers won't stay open as long, the body can't cope with young grand kids like it used to -----not even midnight and I'm done, MYGGWY .J.
    there's more wankers than racers?
    It a another test of Darwins theory?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's more wankers than racers?
    It a another test of Darwins theory?
    I'll have you know I never subscribed to the hairy palm theory or the "just do it a bit and wear glasses" attitude.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither Stienbeck nor Hemingway could write this script, all's well in my world, got a full belly,a great wife, good health, a pound in my pocket and a tolerable family with a multitude of friends.
    Honest to murgatroyd-----who could ask for anything more------so just for good measure God threw in a few "Florida" days for me -----suppose it was just to whet the appetite for Tavares.
    Today temperatures shot up to 25 degrees in some places, most had 23 degrees, creating all kinds of records for this time of year. Old Mother Nature is just buttering us up before she kicks us in the nuts next month, you can bet your sweet bippy on that.
    You ever had that sort of day when nothing clicks, you can't get into anything, but your whole being is on red alert waiting for it--------what, I can't tell you till it gets here, but sure as God made little green apples, it's coming, you can feel it in the air.
    Put a last coat of varnish on the offshore concept, grandson in law Gary says if it don't sell at auction he'll give me scrap value for it to take it off my hands, all heart that one?
    Just Key West and then the final offshore event in Miami and the years done, suppose GEICO will be building some new improved Riggs in the close season. Seems turbines are all the fashion this year.

Some breaking news here----Branson just lost one of his galactic explorers, early reports do not mention casualties, keep your eyes and ears peeled for more news. One pilot dead and another serious. What a bummer------was all going so well.

Texas GP on Sunday -----All nice-n-tight at the top, just the thorny issue of double points in the final round.
    Talked a lot but told you nothing, sometimes it just turns out that way. "Mamma CASS 1970"
    See if I can be a bit more upbeat tomorrow, meanwhile, peaceful G'night MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waved the tail lights all the way down the lane till they were clear out of sight, as my sainted mother used to say------,nice to see them come,------- nicer to see them go, grand kids tickle the crap outa me in small quantities, but after four days I'd give you a hell of a discount.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Betty Baker needs a few of you golfers to get in touch with her----she does a hell of a job organising the OFF TOURNAMENT, runs it and then sets up the Bar-B-Que at Her home in the evening. Just give her a call and check in, thanks . Will talk in a bit when I find something to say.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still only firing on three cylinders------amazing how much energy it takes to look after small children. Shut the workshop at noon, had a snifter and a snooze in my favourite recliner, fired up the wood burner and had a full evening, just watching TV and self indulging------feel almost guilty at doing nothing for such a long period.
    Lewis got a mountain to climb-----was well off the pace, gonna be a long race in Texas .
    Branson says he will continue with the inter galactic space program------guess that means he was up to date on the insurance payments.
    Countdown to Tavares is well and truly happening, am really looking forward to it, I only have to think about it and I get a huge grin started.
    Think Mark might need a little help getting the "Cosworth " project up and running, but we have high hopes of starting it in the new year.
    Was going to tell you one of my space filling jokes, but nothing springs to mind so good night people and MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think winter just started--------blustery winds with heavy showers-----shan't be stepping outside the door if this keeps up!
    Theres a guy over here called Guy Martin who is a motor cycle racer -----has his own TV show called. "SPEED"-------probably the most interesting show on TV, Last week he built a SPITFIRE-------this week he built a composite tandem and raced it for 24 hours to cover 565 miles and break the world record by 60 miles.
    If you get half a chance, do try and watch it, he's a very modest kid with a real passion for life and the show is highly entertaining.
    Putting all projects on hold until after Tavares, stacked all my wood under the lean to, it's now in the dry and the front of the house is a lot tidier. Just need to do a couple of jobs to improve the shop layout, I'm still falling over too many obstacles in there.
    Biggest bugbear is the bending machine------it's far too big for the present workshop, but there's nothing I can do about it.
    Laying here in bed with the iPad in my lap, a cup of tea in my left hand punching the buttons with my right index digit watching the rain come down in shed loads ------don't feel leaping out and greeting the day just yet. Just proving to you that women are not the only species who can "multi-task".
    Bon Continuation pour Le weekend--------10 days to Tavares .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Go Nico!
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Go Nico!
    Didnt he just!!------backwards? He should be had up for loitering.
    Just listen to " Uncle Jack" Rich-------when the motor don't puke, Lewis wins, but for "mysterious mechanical " gremlins the championship would be over!!! But that could not be allowed to occur That's why they threw in the double points on the final race---------nobody would watch the last few races otherwise and darling old BERNIE would be missing a few million from the communal pot. Don't tell me you didn't know this was not an honest straight forward championship. First and foremost Mercedes have to win -------second and secondmost they would prefer another german driver to be F1 world champion --------short of putting a hit on Hamilton, that ain't going to happen.
    Only the GREAT drivers ever win five on the trot---------like wot Lewis just did.

Remember I told you about a character called Guy Martin, a motor cycle racer with a program called
    "Speed". Tonight's show was how he built his own bike, took it to the "FIVE PEAKS" and actually won the bike section, very watchable, even if he does repeat everything he says TWICE.

Had one of those rare quiet days, just Jilly and me and Murphy made three, chucked it down all day, Murph dislikes the rain and stayed close to the log burner, I swear I could smell her roasting at one point.
    Forgot to tell you, I bought a couple of hundred mill machine tools at the car boot sale, sold 'em to my neighbour for a big bag of gold, he was well happy and so was I.

Page 80 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 30 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 130 180 580 1080 ... LastLast