User Tag List

Page 62 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 12 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 112 162 562 1062 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had gallons, quarts, pints and gills until Brussels reared it's ugly head and demanded England had to go metric sometime in the mid 90/s I believe Johno. This was a licence to legalise inflation and confuse all those over 60-----even today older citizens refuse to accept the metric system.
    If you buy a "Stanley" tape measure today, it still has feet and inches marked alongside the centimetres. In cooking most recipes are in pounds and ounces. Johno, if you can avoid it, do not get sucked into the metric system, I never had any problems with pounds shillings and pence or feet and inches, it was one of those big brother knows best situations, ,"COME TO HEEL ,DOG".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hells teeth Johno we can't even agree how to spell guage, the way you spell it (gage) is a gauntlet challenge or a green plum ! Not to worry my boy, I shall endeavour to guide you through the mire of the English language which you colonials have mercilessly mutilated through the ages.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	384.1 KB 
ID:	304863Click image for larger version. 

Views:	7 
Size:	399.0 KB 
ID:	304865Click image for larger version. 

Views:	8 
Size:	414.8 KB 
ID:	304867

This is is the latest bit of nonsense ----comes out of some of the acacia wood rescued from Steves
    Bar-B-Q. Nothing clever about this----just a general concept of a shape with a coat of polish. If you have to ask what it is I'm afraid I can't help you, let's just sat it's a TIFINO.
    Once I get into the shop, I select a lump of wood and a bit of stainless and fiddlefart 'till something takes shape, it's very rare that I bin a piece, though the kitchen goddess would disagree on most of the stuff. That's why the pool rooms full of stuff I cobbled together over the years.
    All the time I'm on my own things go along jest fine, then someone calls and wants something done and the train of thought stops and lots of the little grey cells take a hike, then I can dump the piece and start another, calling on other little grey cells.
    Got a free weekend, staying home, kids go back to school next week.
    Pretty soon have to think about looking for deals to Orlando, then chase those damn no good golfers to try and squeeze the entry fee out of em. Enough of all this for today time for bysie, MYGGWY , J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another day and God is taking a leak again-----chucking it down, her lying next to me has just reminded me she's doing a haircut and beard trim on me this morning, so to forget the car boot sale------it's not going to happen.
    Jilly and her friend Allison went to the Chichester Festival Theatre last night to see GUYS AND DOLLS, said it was a wonderful production ------told her it would never match Brando and Stubby Kay's version, she was quite amazed when I sang the songs and narrated the story line to her this morning as she was sipping the tea I made her. Boy, am I ever good to that woman !!!!! She has no idea of how lucky she is. ,!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, well, well, new Dutch manager, seven new signings and a couple hundred mill gone down the tube-------played three bottom of the league clubs, two points----kicked out of the cup by a village club with ambition (MK Dons)-----maybe £ 250,000 per week ( minimum ) is a tad high for the sort of tosh being dished out by the once proud, but now wallowing in the depths of no hope land----MANCHESTER UNITED. As my sainted mother used to say " EITHER PISS OR GET OFF'N THE POT" -----me myself wouldn't pay them in penny washers, or switch the telly on to watch 'em. "LOSERS"

They used to be the only club in England to watch for me, now I would sooner watch Southwater reserves, at least they still have passion and belief which is something Man. U. Lost along the way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie. On E-Bay there is a photo titled Thames Powerboat Race...Would you care to have a swatch at and give us your
    observations. Its not Don for sure just wondering if you recognised any of the others....Phill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were only ever three or four Konig E class outfits, Dave Minty, Dougie Bruce and Terry Knowles bought my rig, if it kept going it could run with the OI Class------Robin Torrence, Peter Inward and Bob Stevens Shared another, I would put money on 37 being Dougie Bruce.
    Weir Jumper was Albert ?.????------he actually did go over the weir at Charlie Sheppards place while testing the boat-----blind as a bat and wore glasses full time.
    Mike Ward may be able to help you on the OI boat, I can't bring it to mind? Like I told you before Phill----the memories shot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as a PS to this tale, Don and I were 50/50 partners in the yellow Molinari, I sold him my share the night before the race. Had managed a factory sponsored ride from GG but couldn't get a ride for Don. Drove a 16' Levi in the race----didn't get into the top 20 finishers, swore on a stack of bibles never to race another V bottom boat-------never did. Nightsie, MYGGWY. J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...I'll try and get some pics of that Pecan wood I have in the garage for you. Forgot about it on this end!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Galveston340;2676884]...I'll try and get some pics of that Pecan wood I have in the garage for you. Forgot about it on this end![/QUOTE

That would be something to behold ----can't say i have ever come across pecan wood before, can only imagine it would be a little like walnut.
    I forget more than i remember these days-----just don't worry about it. Jw.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunday morning, and her who shall be obeyed has stated thou shallt not wear thy workshop clothes today. You do not argue with a grizzly on the last sunday of August, that's if you wish to make it to the Monday. So, here i am in me best cords, Van Heusen shirt and Pringle cashmere, dressed like a dogs dinner with the workshop a definite O.O.B. Read the sunday telegraph and an outright war with the soviets is not something i would look forward to, done the General knowledge crossword, twiddling my thumbs is not something i do well.
    Picked up all the windfall bramleys and a few conference pears for the table , deadheaded the Dahlias, picked a few runner beans, sat down and sulked for a while, slammed the door both going out and coming back, hasn't made a blind bit of difference madame is adamant, she wants a nice day together-----for crying out loud i ask you .10-30 am------theres a whole friggin day left, i refuse to even plug the telly in, let alone watch the damn thing.
    i may have to take up religion at this rate, answered every thread on S&F and am rapidly running out of intelligent or rubbishical things to rabbit about----- yours truly -----well and truly screwed!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whaaaat!!!.....Fed everyday--check
    Watered everday--check
    Free haircut--check
    Beard trim ditto--check
    Nookie on demand @ no charge--check
    All dressed up like a catalogue model--check

You young'uns don't know yer born...........Off to Chapel with you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Belligerence paid off ----by 11am Jilly had thrown in the towel and demanded I leave the house,----I duly obliged, took off the Sunday strides, shed the Van Heusen and Pringle cashmere . Donned the shop gear and normal service was resumed.
    Spent a couple of hours chasing down the Mitch Lembke Silver wing that ran with a V 12 Jag. Lump installed to a Bravo 1. ET79 . Rumours and sightings abound for this particular boat.
    Bob V says he's seen it up for sale but can't remember where.
    Strange thing is, why the hell didn't Rich or Mike M. snatch this beauty up, it's no money and is ET racing at it's best, ready made powerboat racing history on a trailer.
    There are all sorts of silver wings out there, none of em look at all like ET 79, I would say this was a one off, and I still think it looks more like a Seebold than a Seebold.
    I'll maybe give Billy a call and see if he can enlighten me on the hull.
    Amazing what there is out there once you start looking----all the way to Australia and all points in between-----it becomes absolutely clear that it was not cost that lead to the demise of racing, but the draconian measures that the authorities imposed on the boating fraternity.
    Insurance is a massive stumbling block and is used to browbeat and blackmail any would be racer.
    Here I go again----jimmy Dean-----rebel without a cause------better get out of here before the snot starts to fly-----May you find peace with your maker. G'night,j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to get MR. Fun to talk to me on the " tricks" thread----was trying to find out about the SILVERWING E T 79, Bob V found it and lost it so I had a forage and found out it was for sale a couple of years ago for $15,000. Todays asking price is $10,500 ( according to Bob V ).
    This is American race boat history-----it might have had an English motor installed, but I would rate it more valuable than ANY Molinari rig regardless of engine.
    It must have been the V 12 out of the E type jaguar----they were a strong "cooking" engine but the D Type has a powerful racing pedigree so someone must know how to coax the horses from it.
    It will be a great talking point at Tavares in November ----would love to see somebody bite the bullet and buy it.
    MR fun wants to put it back to its former glory and race it in Parker again some 30 years after it was the overall winner there.
    Just got a feeling in my water that boat is about to find a new owner any day now!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metric hull with imperial engine....

Page 62 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 12 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 112 162 562 1062 ... LastLast