Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Failing that
    Make your phone a wireless hotspot and your tablet can run through it as grandson says

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    Failing that
    Make your phone a wireless hotspot and your tablet can run through it as grandson says
    Just what I did Pilgrim------New ADSL gizmo arrived in the post this morning, should be all up and running Monday evening-------things are quietly happening on the home front, just one curtain pole to fit, then I'm done.
    Got the two huge cupboard / shelves fixed, means I can empty the boxes that are filled with hand and electric tools and I'm finally cooking with gas.
    Theres a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not the choo-choo-----I can actually get out the back door of the shop without doing either long or high jumps !
    Hope is replacing despair as things begin to click and a workshop begins to rise out of the ashes of the old one-------Phoenix rising ?

3. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie don't get too despondent I'm sure many folks read your bits of script but don't reply because simply they cannot match your antics no matter how hard they try.. so keep posting............

You may be interesting to know the "golden globe" item is progressing well...base/mounting and Perspex top is all done the label is being translated

as I speak by an Arab lady of the opposite sex so I hope there his nothing "X" rated in those verbs.....

Keep positive my friend you know by now I'm sure there is no such thing as a free lunch......i.e.cooked meal= curtain track etc.etc.
    Phill..

5. Thanks shadowcat thanked for this post
    Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally I'm a fairly upbeat sort of chap, takes a lot to wind up the motor-----but can run a long time on next to nothing------and keeps on going when others don't make the finish------but just occasionally the motor runs tired and needs a freshbuild, chassis needs blue printing and a new coat might stretch it out for a while longer. But its going to have to be put out to pasture afore long-----had to call in reinforcements today to shift heavy machines and hang cupboards I don't have a snowballs chance in hell of doing any more------just going to have to get smart and delegate I suppose.
    Saturday tomorrow and the recycling facility beckons for another forage------ have spent the princely sum of £1 so far since December------ guess I'm losing my touch.
    Watched Today's inauguration---------have a feeling there's a rocky ride ahead for the Don. Hope he's got his back covered--------if folks give him half a chance, you could have an all time great-----he comes with far better credentials than a lot of the silver spoon and wealthy blue bloods of yesteryear------- and to think I was told there were no class barriers in the USA --------- somebody was having a laugh.

7. Thanks shadowcat thanked for this post
    Likes mbd29, WillySteve liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Jackie don't get too despondent I'm sure many folks read your bits of script but don't reply because simply they cannot match your antics no matter how hard they try.. so keep posting............

You may be interesting to know the "golden globe" item is progressing well...base/mounting and Perspex top is all done the label is being translated

as I speak by an Arab lady of the opposite sex so I hope there his nothing "X" rated in those verbs.....

Keep positive my friend you know by now I'm sure there is no such thing as a free lunch......i.e.cooked meal= curtain track etc.etc.
    Phill..

And there I was living off the hog for all these years-----guess it's "PAYBACK " time Phill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    And there I was living off the hog for all these years-----guess it's "PAYBACK " time Phill.
    Bo++ux.....Chas came down to see us at Torquay one time...I'd never had a go in a Ferrari until then...what happened? peddling the yellow Dino thinking I WAS THE KIDDY... what happened?..stalled it, right in the middle of the the High Street.

What did Chas say??.........Yup, "Sometimes you eat bear bla bla.........Never forgotten it 40 odd years ago..same then- same now!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Bo++ux.....Chas came down to see us at Torquay one time...I'd never had a go in a Ferrari until then...what happened? peddling the yellow Dino thinking I WAS THE KIDDY... what happened?..stalled it, right in the middle of the the High Street.

What did Chas say??.........Yup, "Sometimes you eat bear bla bla.........Never forgotten it 40 odd years ago..same then- same now!!
    I first heard " Somedays you eat bear"---from Chas, he heard it from somebody in Valleyfield, he used that quote until the day he died-------may have been Jim Thompson who said it, he was always a laconic sort Of chap------we were once sat behind an old lady driving a caddy or a Lincoln at traffic lights-------she was a tad slow off the mark ------Jim rolled down his window and yelled at her------"c'mon lady------it's not going to get any greener"----that was 1976------Jesus wept------is it really forty years ago ?
    I have a million stories of Chas Shooter and the fun we had together------he was my mechanic for many years. He was also a very accomplished Vee bottom driver, but never did take to tunnels due to his great weight. He still holds the record for the slowest lap ever recorded at the Milan Idroscala in his "PICCOLO VERDE SHAKESPEARE ""-----he lost a couple of cylinders and could only circumnavigate on tickover, but he explained he had the best seat in the house, and it was a nice day and someday you eat bear!

11. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing as how it's the start of another year, and resolution time, I thought I might just ask our administrator, Greg, if there is any chance of adding all 1500+posts I sent to S&F under my name (jackiewilson) whilst residing in French France.-------to the 3,00+ I've posted since returning to the Uk.
    After all Greg ------there's only one of us------I am me-----just the one-------can't be mistaken for anyone else------play the game Greg, I did try P/Ming you but five years on and I haven't had much luck so far--------as my friend Chas Shooter used to say-----"CLOSE ENOUGH IS ONLY GOOD ENOUGH IN HORSE SHOES AND HAND GRENADES". Have a nice day Greg.

13. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damned if that is not a real "nose bleeder" out there. Did a couple of hours in the shop but it's BRASS MONKEYS so I called it around 3:30.
    Her royal highness has gone to the theatre in Guildford-------the Canadian club's just asking to be poured-----you all have a nice evening-------I certainly will!

15. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunday--------a day of rest ? --------whoever said that did not have a "Kitchen Godess" wife !
    The sole reason Rome was not built in a day--------Ceaser did not have a woman like "her who shall be obeyed at all times" chasing the builders.
    As well as plumbing in the dishwasher and washing machine, microwave and fridge and deep freeze. There's towel rails and mirrors--------coat hangers and key holders. Haven't even begun to put up paintings and pictures.
    Loft is up to capacity-------any more and the ceiling will cave in--------told the lady of the house we need to hold a garage sale ----------that went down like a turd in the punch bowl ----
    Madam did not enjoy the theatre yesterday--------guess who's going to suffer for that ?
    Middle daughter Kim is 54 tomorrow------only reason I remember this, her birthday is a week before mine.
    Jilly has organised a buffet birthday lunch for next Monday--------just for a dozen-------cancellations are coming thick and fast, youngest daughter has a golf tournament-------youngest sister is off on a winter cruise to Mexico. Down to ten already ?

Ah well----- knickers up----box on !

Better look over your shoulder Gene--come next Monday and I'll be as old as you!

17. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got a good day in at the office-------have some twenty removal company boxes and five hold-alls, ten plastic boxes and a couple of tea chests------all full of stuff that needs a home in my new (smaller) workshop . Emptied ten of the removal boxes and five plastics-----it is possible to get round the shop now, still a long way to go, but I made headway.
    Went back to the old house to pick up the last of the statuary and a couple of planks I once put up so Murphy could get to our balcony from the garage without too much stress.
    Dont miss the old place at all really, once we've put our stamp on this place and got the workshop up and running, things could be back to normal in no time.

Can anyone explain to me in simple words what the hell all the noise and vagina thrusting was about yesterday ? seemed like all the females were touting different reasons for marching, everything from Trumping to Suffragetting to telling the world not to mention "Pussy"------- was obvious they were mad as hell about something, but the left hand didn't have a clue what the right hand was up to------ok ------so they made a point-------but I'm damned if I know what it was!

They must be pretty dumb anyway if they fail to understand that once the country has voted for a new president, that good, bad, ugly or blonde------he's there for four years, if they want equality-----make the retirement age the same as men's for a start.

Well, that's as good a way as any to start a new week, by pissing off half the population!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1404.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	365306

Remember I talked about Chas Shooter and his famous quotes like "SOMEDAYS YOU EAT BEAR"------ "CLOSE ENOUGH IS ONLY GOOD ENOUGH IN HORSESHOES AND HANDGRENADES" etc; etc ;
    Well that's him leaning against Percy's boat------- the trailer stollage was probably cobbled together out of nothing in particular as a makeshift device to carry two boats by him.
    Chas had the ability to make impossible situations, possible, a brilliant engineer, understood electronics better than the Merc guys when they first appeared.
    His father Stanley used a crutch to get around with, afflicted with polio from birth, he was chief trouble shooter at Rolls Royce in Derby all his life, but was the most ornery cantankerous SOB I ever came across, the complete opposite of Chas.
    So next time I mention my old friend Chas Shooter------you'll have an idea of what and who I'm on about.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I borrowed this snapshot from Fuji's "MERCURY" site------maybe Bob V or "F" can tidy it up a bit and make it legible-------anyone got a decent picture of Chas they could post ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    I borrowed this snapshot from Fuji's "MERCURY" site------maybe Bob V or "F" can tidy it up a bit and make it legible-------anyone got a decent picture of Chas they could post ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackie 63.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	365310

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice picture... pits at Bristol I reckon, funny how old snaps seem to look better in black & white.
    Like the way Chas is pointing to the motor with his thumb! wonder what he is saying.

Jackie who is the chap with the buckle?

Page 348 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 248 298 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 398 448 848 ... LastLast