Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jackie - Back in December you were hot on the trail of the Mitch Lambke / Silverwing. I came across one for sale:

Modified Silver Wing, 20 ft. tunnel
    Modified Silver Wing, 20 ft. tunnel. Stainless steel stringers, vinylester layup, shiftable SCS gearbox transmission. #5 SSM drive, completely rebuilt new gears, shafts and bearings. Full hydraulic steering. PRICE IS WITHOUT ENGINE.
    Engine is available. 632 inch motor, Dart block, Sunny's 14 1 - 2 degree heads, Jessel rockers, Jessel lifters, Callie's crank, Oliver rods, BEST OF EVERYTHING! RARE PIECE!
    Best turning and handling boat every made. BEAUTIFUL!
    Only one hour test time on engine and drive by Wilkes Marine. 22k less motor text Keith 530-949-6954

2. Thanks shadowcat thanked for this post
    Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, very posh and a genuine "Silverwing", will make someone happy----------but it's not the original "SEEBOLD SILVERWING".
    Now Rich and Roger have sold "Diablo" they could be interested, would have to have impeccable credentials to catch heir eye.
    I think Roger would like to trade "Miss Windy" for another tunnel project.

4. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS.
    Many thanks for the post Bob, but that one lost four pots somewhere along the way! To

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry there haven't been that many posts since I got back to the UK. Been a tad off colour, seen the quack and have been given horse-pill size anti-bios which haven't done a lot as yet---I live in hope. Will talk to you later----started a new project but gave up after a couple of hours----simply didn't feel up to it
    Taking a day off today, complete rest, 'crept for playing catch up on the new ipadpro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been up and down to the quacks like a bloody yo-yo, pushed, prodded and pricked-------pushed into the chair-------prodded to See if I'm for real------pricked just to be certain there's actually some live liquid in there after all.
    Turns out I have something called "DIVERTICULITIS"-------basically means I'm full of crap--------all they had to do was ask any one of my friends and they would have told 'em.
    Horse pill size Anti-bios didn't work, so I got me some smaller ones that seem much better.
    They also gave me some vile concentrated liquid-------cross between snot and wallpaper paste called "fybrogel", best advice I can give you is. "DONT".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Irritated digestive tract is all. Life is 100% related to diet. Stop all the crappy food intake. Remove ALL sugars from your diet...or anything that converts to sugars, such as breads, bagels, potato chips, cookies, etc... Eat a greek yogurt every day. It will help calm things down.
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 05-04-2016 at 08:11 AM.

9. Likes XstreamVking, olboatman liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    Irritated digestive tract is all. Life is 100% related to diet. Stop all the crappy food intake. Remove ALL sugars from your diet...or anything that converts to sugars, such as breads, bagels, potato chips, cookies, etc... Eat a greek yogurt every day. It will help calm things down.
    Have been substituting Greek yogurt for cake, ice-cream and cookies myself recently... Enjoying it, actually. Health issues like this can be wake-up calls. We all tend to eat whatever we like until our body rebels. Said goodbye to my gallbladder last week and am now reading the nutrition labels. All those foods that are high in fat and sugar don't do us any favours - fortunately there are some tasty alternatives if you choose to look for them.

A friend of mine had a bad bout of Diverticulitis years back and was told to stay away from seeds. Hope you get through this soon, Jackie. No fun, I'm sure.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice Dr. Fuji, but I can read the Internet myself, (irritated digestive tract, related to diet, Oxford English Dictionary, you got it word perfect) !
    Just to be sure, here in the village, we have a dedicated team of doctors who went to university for ten years, got their degrees, PHD'S etc, and became registered surgeons and doctors, they manage to look after me very well, so I tend to take a lot of notice.
    Cannot agree that "Life" is related 100% to diet-------- life is what you make it and how you live it, I can tell you that from 84 years of living life to the full !
    Gave up ALL sugar 26 years ago after a triple by pass, a diet was suggested that I have adhered to fairly close without being fanatical, it has stood me in good stead.
    I don't eat seeds, and I dislike yoghurt in any shape or form.
    My balls are not big enough to tell the kitchen goddess to stop feeding me "Stodgy Food".
    Think my problem is, I've been in the USA for the last two weeks, without her who shall be obeyed at all times----------if you get what I mean.

Did manage to get a few (5) hours in the shop, the new concept should be "Pictureable" tomorrow, trying to make a few projects to auction at OFF in the fall-------Roger may think otherwise------we just have to wait and see. Life is full of surprises, that's one of the things that make it great to be alive.
    Nice to be back and the "snot and wallpaper paste" treatment seems to be working.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the secret in retirement is to lower your calorie intake

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PILGRIM----------I am not due for " retirement " any time in the near future, never did take to this ---"secret " Sh-t anyway. ,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the Adminstrator--------why do I have to sign in every time I switch on to S& F-------I write the odd note-------it tells me I am not logged in and to sign in--------which I do --------twice a bloody day-------very annoying!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PILGRIM----------I am not due for " retirement " any time in the near future, never did take to this ---"secret " Sh-t anyway. ,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me thinks we've just been told..
    Jackie, if you check the nutrition facts on that prescription of yours, you might find the ratio between snot and wallpaper paste is a bit one-sided - zero % sugar, 99 % cantankerous.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Thanks for the advice Dr. Fuji, but...

Think my problem is, I've been in the USA for the last two weeks...
    I rest my case. Your diet was changed... Let me slightly alter what I stated before. Life & life's "health" is 100% related to diet. Not talking about one's career choices or lifestyle/persona, etc. This next mention should leave you thinking... Ready? "We all die of malnutrition". Ponder that. Example: A middleaged or elderly person trips/falls & breaks a hip. Maybe they die, maybe they don't. Why did that persons hip break so easily?
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 05-05-2016 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    I rest my case. Your diet was changed... Let me slightly alter what I stated before. Life & life's "health" is 100% related to diet. Not talking about one's career choices or lifestyle/persona, etc. This next mention should leave you thinking... Ready? "We all die of malnutrition". Ponder that. Example: A middleaged or elderly person trips/falls & breaks a hip. Maybe they die, maybe they don't. Why did that persons hip break so easily?
    Now you're back peddling Fuji and trying to blind me with unsupported scientific evidence !

I Pondered and concluded, we do not "ALL DIE OF MALNUTRITION"-----that's a bloody silly and daft statement, example: man falls into the sea and drowns. Car crash, heart attack, bullet or knife through vital organ, beheaded, poisoned, fall of a cliff will do it to you every time.

A lot of folk die of HEARTBREAK, believe it or not, so, outside of Africa ( and the like) not a lot of people die of malnutrition.

None of the above died of "Malnutrition".

Should an old git trip / fall and break a hip, they're probably on their last legs anyway, so not many folk give a flying fart whether they live or die------

All old bones get brittle and break easily, now THATS a scientific fact.

SIMPLES. I REST MY CASE !

Page 267 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 167 217 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 317 367 767 ... LastLast