5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	429.3 KB 
ID:	356427

ONE DAY . -------in the distant future--------maybe I'll get around to finishing this !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took me a long time to learn how to milk the benefits out of an airport------but daughter Sam is an habitual flyer --------use the lounges ! Why would you buy a meal and pay for booze when it's all on offer for free at all major airports. GO FOR IT,
    Two glasses of South African rose later and three smoked salmon sarnies , I can thoroughly recommend you try it?
    Should be in Verona------may even see the two gentlemen?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect morning in a very swish hotel (CAERVIUS) on the side of lake Garda, gorgeous lady on my arm,! -------what more can a man ask for?
    Thought we might take a trip up to Limoni and Riva-----see what jumps out at us, long time since I rode a hydrofoil, ( Como early seventies or late sixties).

4. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	412.9 KB 
ID:	356474View from our balcony !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	Jackie 26.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	399.6 KB 
ID:	356478

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be there in 10 days, got a place there in Brenzone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    I will be there in 10 days, got a place there in Brenzone
    Hells teeth Pilgrim------is there ANY place in the world you DONT "have a place"--------SINGAPORE, AUSTRALIA, ITALY.----------there we were thinking you wuz just an ordinary old racer from the Far East?????
    You don't happen to own that new hotel complex in Tavares do you Pilgrim?
    Maybe you could condescend to visit us at the OldFarts in November------be nice to put a face and a name to "POWERABOUT"
    Cant blame you for having a place in Italy --------always been one of my all time favourites---------Last time I came to lake Garda was nigh on twenty years ago--------to watch SKI RACING, with the likes of Mike Hazelwood -------Liz Hobbs------now that crowd were a story that deserve a whole chapter of their own!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my cousins is a builder in Ft Lauderdale...
    I met Mike Hazelwood manytimes when he came out to Melbourne to ski in Moomba, what a nice guy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, he was always a nice guy, along with his dad--------so was Peter Hobbs, father of Liz-------Nicky Carpenter and her dad-------can't pull the names out of my head right now, but I did a lot of business with them over the years.
    Mark also did a lot of prop work with them, think it was '84 the last time I was here.

Team GIECO had a few problems to sort out, they were still testing back in Jupiter late Friday!

Went to the opera last night and heard some of the popular arias, a bit of Puccini and Rossini with the Stienway and the tenor who looked like Robbie Coltrane doing battle------never take on a concert grand in a small church in Bordelino------they're will only ever be one winner!

Saturday 6:30am -----early breakfast----then a coach trip to Venice, boarding the "Queen Vic" starts at 1400 hrs--------time for lunch in St. Marks square methinks!
    If the buggers want to charge me the national debt for an Internet connection, it could be a while before the next post--------have a good weekend y'all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there-----done it-------T shirt and the lot-----------stuck in Rome airport for seven hours--------oh bountiful joy------ jolly hockey sticks----------pissed off with the world and his grandma at the moment! Get back to you later.
    Allowed to check in, in three and a half hours---------goody feckin gum drops--------they really do know how to make a happy old man dirty!
    I just love carting suitcases round Italian airports--------maybe I can organise a "suitcase race" ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not often I get the crap scared out of me, but I did on a trip from Solerno to Sorrento--------fancy new Mercedes Coach--------put an Italian driver in charge, then give him an IPhone 6+__________we were whizzing round hairpin bends whilst the feckin idiot was texting his girl friend!
    Did suggest it would maybe better if he switched off the phone and concentrated on improving his driving prowess----------didn't seem to make much impression, so I told him--------any more and I fit the iPhone six up his rectum and call the guiardioli ------------va beni -------Si Si --------no problemo !-----------Batterria kaput !
    Italian drivers all think they have a Ferrari and could do better than Vettel and Raikkanon any day!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arrived back home late Saturday night. Let off a load of steam in the shop, pulled out four unfinished "Concepts" and attacked them with lots of pent up enthusiasm.
    Back to normal Monday morning--------head down and arse up for the next month--------got a roller coaster to catch.
    Play it right and you get to step off it once in a while and smell the roses!
    Had a great time on the Queen Victoria cruising the med, overeating and overdrinking, got a memory or three, but most important, met a bunch off nice people.
    Refused to pay the ransom required for the release of the iPad ---------so you didn't get much rambling, that's all changed now I'm back at the shack--------wi-FI is all paid for so I can bother you all for free.
    Brought back a bounce full of ideas-------some new ideas------take a break and get away from boats and engines. Will show you an interesting piece involving verdigris and copper plates--------nothing I couldn't do --------my rendition will be better than the one on the boat, priced at a tad over five grand.
    Bet I can knock a pair a week out. See what you think later in the week.
    What I do now, is memories for fun--------What this artist was doing, was ART, and for a living, but it was overpriced and pretentious-------always pisses me off, folk trying to make out they're actually better than they are.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie, welcome back to blighty I'm sure you are aware of the LMBRC "do" on the 22nd but as you haven't mentioned it at all I just thought a reminder might be in order. Phill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Jackie, welcome back to blighty I'm sure you are aware of the LMBRC "do" on the 22nd but as you haven't mentioned it at all I just thought a reminder might be in order. Phill.
    Phill, I wasn't a founder member of the LMBRC-----I joined the year after they moved to Iver.
    It was originally the London Hydroplane Club-------I believe it was in Chertsey.
    Cant think many of the originals are still above the daisies------Maybe Andrew and Janet Peyton, Phil Toller, Peter Benstead---------Bob May, Jimmy James, Ted Jones would all be over 125.
    Kim, Sam, and Boo are going-------I'll probably stick my head in, just to let them know I'm still around,!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a Jones pickle triple hanging around the shop for nearly a year now-------every time I pick it up, I think to myself, "Jesus Wept, I have to make three motors for that damned thing ". Well today, I got three power heads, three centre sections and one gear case finished----maybe get 'em finished tomorrow.
    Made a real pigs ear of painting the NGK boat, have to strip it back to buck naked-----swear blind that's the last time I ever open a paint pot----------Piccasso I am not. Will just stick to polishing, be it wood or metal.

Page 319 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 219 269 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 369 419 819 ... LastLast