Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning my friend, got a beautiful trophy for the longest drive, in fact there's Two, one for the ladies and one for the gents. Both made by me myself in wood and glass with a fair bit of tin thrown in for good measure !
    Whats with the in line ? Early or late, Silo, stacker or cowbell, 800, 1000, 1250, 1500 or something not seen before, vintage hull could be anything pre 1990, veterans from 1965. Or before !
    God willing and a fair wind I should make another appearance in Tavares in the fall along with a bunch of boats I made for friends, plus one for auction to offset the postage costs!

Today is the Fourth of July ------Americas most celebrated holiday, happy weekend to one and all.

Our two nations are the closest in the world, no it's not perfect, but when push comes to shove we're there to watch each other's back, God bless America and long live Great Britain !

2. Likes Galveston340 liked this post
    #2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post

Our two nations are the closest in the world, no it's not perfect, but when push comes to shove we're there to watch each other's back, God bless America and long live Great Britain !

AMEN MY BROTHER !!! it's 8:51 pm here and just turning dark, I'm about to walk outside and watch the spectacle my neighbors provide here free of charge. so looking foreward to ask you questions that have come to me in the last year since we first met. all the best my friend. fun out
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as ironic as it seems I have in my possesion a hull from 1977 and a inline 150 complete with stickers from 1977, the year I graduated. my task at this point is to drive the **** out of it up against John Tiger.

Certified turd polisher,

5. Likes Galveston340 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is the Fourth of July ------Americas most celebrated holiday, happy weekend to one and all.

...couldn't have been stated better Jackie!
    Just got home from a friends house as I wanted to get back here before the idiots that drink and drive hit the road. you would have thought WWIII had started or some of my fellow Texans had come across an ISIS cell listening and seeing all the artillery going off!

Have a little more info I gathered up from Remington on that find of mine. She was born in February 1929. According to them that Model 24 was usually made with either American Walnut or walnut that was imported. However, after digging a little deeper there were several weapons like mine that were made in the Remington custom shop, but they will have to see if they can find any info on this gun.
    Either way I am happy.
    I guess that Maple is something I like as I also have an old 1970's Gibson Explorer guitar that's maple as well.....just not as pretty as the rifle!

Mr.Fun.....what hull did Ya find?!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you Galveston, actually she found me. Venomus from NJ. posted he was going to cut it up and destroy her unless somebody wanted her. I paid Frank Mole 3 dollars to bring her to me from NJ. kinda funny, a Miami boat going to NJ and making it's way back home to Fla. I started my " Flying " in a sistership labed "Hurst", tossing around the "Miami Marine Stadium" and hope I will be able to take her there to ride again before I'm not able. thanks, fun out

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny isn't it, you start a thread like "tricks" and tell folks of the stuff you get up to and hope someone will jump aboard and tell you how they fill in the time, their hopes ,dreams and ambitions, it gets off to a slow start and then suddenly on the Fourth of July of all days the Avalanche starts, people finally get to talking------keep it coming, let's hear everything, if your still living the dream, tell us all about it PLEEZE.
    Cannot believe Mr. Fun actually just happens to have a 1500 Stacker tucked away, and Galveston just comes across an old lady having a garage sale and oh yes she just happens to have a ninety year old vintage Remington that's never been fired. This is the stuff of legends, keep it coming!

Saw a "Barn Find" type T4 on FaceTime, very little info but could be of great interest to a lot of folk.

Will show you the latest Americas Cup contender, entered by an old fart, "OFFENDED ", I promise you it's different, just one of the TRICKS this particular old fart gets up to in his dotage!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't remember if I ever told you, but the old guy I bought all the exotic timber from has a stack of walnut billets cut to rifle butt size, he wanted $35 apiece for them, about fifty in total, all over thirty years old.
    Just passing it on!

10. Thanks Galveston340 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so nobody wants a walnut butt, let's move on.

Had a nice easy lazy old Sunday, steady progress in the shop before Jilly yelled it's Pimms o clock, I tell you, two of those and I'm anybody's .
    Watched Lewis play all his cards right and win the British GP at Silverstone, did have forty winks during the race, can't honestly say if it was boredom or old age!

GIECO had issues with the development motor and decided discretion was the better part down there in Marathon.
    Hope you all enjoyed your Fourth of July weekend! goodnight peeps,MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monday all over again, amazing how quickly they come around, not that it matters to me any more what day, or even what month it is, I don't have a schedule, don't even count birthdays any more. When I reached seventy, I decided I would count backwards, I am now a healthy fifty seven.
    Looks like we got the hot weather returning later in the week, pools ready to take on all comers, been a distinct lack of visitors this summers!
    Time for "Brekkers", think it's it's only corn flakes this morning, still, mustn't complain, did have my afters before my breakfast, so alls ok in my little world.
    Enjoy your day peeps, it's there for the taking! love you all out there (well, most of you).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	414.3 KB 
ID:	322901

Sneak preview of "Offender" !
    Been fiddlefarting with friggin rigging most the day, shoulda stuck with outboards.
    A million miles from being anywhere near the finishing line. (Or start line).
    Frustrating sort of day, rigging and me don't seem to agree.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been fiddlefarting with friggin rigging most the day, shoulda stuck with outboards.

Frustrating sort of day, rigging and me don't seem to agree.
    Always happy to assist a fellow 'Octo'----

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Gene, what I know about sailboats would fit on the back of a postage stamp and still leave room to lick it!
    I have five double pulleys, two masts, four sails, a triple spinnaker, a bowsprit and a partridge in a pear tree, all requiring bits of string between 'em, it's still only a "Concept", but it needs to look half right !
    Thought I might have finished it and moved on, there must be life after sailboats, just takes a while longer these days I suppose.

Jilly's daughter Catherine gets married this weekend here in the village, so, you can imagine the chaos going on in the house. Kids today seem to have friends living all over the world, they start arriving Thursday ------stag night down at the Holly Tree Friday , wedding at the " Hilton" Saturday , all day Barbie at the house on Sunday , back to sanity Monday.
    A week today and "it's all over but the crying," ( good name for a song).

Once more into the breach------onwards and upwards ------into the valley of death rode the valiant six hundred ! ( Alfred Lord Tennyson, Charge of the light brigade,feeling a bit poetic this morning)

Greeks voted NO to the EU austerity measures so there's no money left to run buses, pay pensions, keep hospitals open, unfortunately, when you borrow money, you make it work, you don't go on holiday, comes the day you have to start paying the loan back, failure to do so means a visit from the "heavies". When you dive head first into deep water, you better be able to swim real good otherwise you drown.
    Problem is, Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, Ireland, all jumped on the gravy train and are virtually bankrupt, 35 hour working week and retirement on full pensions makes for idle people and a country that's skint, no good ever came of sitting on your arse all day and wishing!.
    Knock on effect will be felt world wide and very so one! Enough of all this, let's rock!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been dry for days, so I had to water all things growing, sweet peas, geraniums, dahlias and the herb garden, has to look just so for the weekend.
    Took me two hours to Karcher all the garden furniture, will cut the grass Thursday ---pools ready for the invasion, house is as ready as it's ever gonna be.

Struggling with OFFENDED---Sussed out the spinnaker and foresail, coming to grips with the rigging-----made two of the "Oscars" ( hydrofoil legs), so some progress was made today.
    Making sailboats is a bit like, drinking wine or making love, you have to feel like it----I know you all heard the song "FEEL LIKE MAKING LOVE" ------bet you never heard a song called "FEEL LIKE MAKING A SAILBOAT" !

Its that time of night again, shut eye time, night folks, MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels like " everyone's gone to the moon", no comments either way, good ,bad, or indifferent.!
    Where are all the boys with the toys ? Even the Pilgrims gone quiet, course they could all be on vacation or up to their fetlocks in business . Often wonder what ex racers do for excitements? If anything, or are they just content with the memories of yesteryears.
    Jilly just asked if I wanted a bacon and tomato sandwich for breakfast, go on then girl, twist my arm!
    Thats the signal for another days activity to begin, life is never dull in this neck of the woods!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	383.9 KB 
ID:	322967Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	379.7 KB 
ID:	322968Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	406.3 KB 
ID:	322969

Started led out as a as a sill in my sisters house, Pirhana Pine, not known for its colours, just it's straight back, but this has a beautiful figurine running through it.
    Its a lot further advanced than the piccy shows, if I get my act together this morning, I'll maybe show you how far I've progressed.

Page 176 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 76 126 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 226 276 676 1176 ... LastLast