Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to Jillys granddaughters first birthday this afternoon----was held at Shorehams Lifeboat station where her dad Keith is the engineer.
    We have all Ivans kids and wife kate staying with us for the weekend-----makes for a real pleasant change.
    Got a full day in the shop tomorrow so should make big inroads into outstanding projects.
    Will be back to normal by Monday .
    Changed six light tubes and starters this morning ------if another one blew I was down to candle power!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last. Night the house was alive again------kids rolling about on the lounge floor------a pair of brown Labradors cooking in front of a log fire------stinking to high heaven after they had been swimming in the English Channel.
    Got a right Royal rollicking from Jilly------was trying to show Lucas (5 year old) how hot the wood stove was by spitting on it and making it sizzle------he thought that was wonderful and spent the evening chucking mouthfulls of spittle at the stove.
    Most poignant moment was when the boy sat on Kate's lap and said " Mummy, can't we get a policeman to go and find daddy" ? Such are the wonderful workings of a child's mind !

Point I was making, the house is back to normal, but it takes a bunch of kids, two dogs and people to bring it back to life and lose the shadow that's been hanging over it for the last year.

Her who shall be obeyed has just called breakfast------sounds like bloody pandemonium in the kitchen. Happy days !!!

3. Likes tagman liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Last. Night the house was alive again------kids rolling about on the lounge floor------a pair of brown Labradors cooking in front of a log fire------stinking to high heaven after they had been swimming in the English Channel.
    Got a right Royal rollicking from Jilly------was trying to show Lucas (5 year old) how hot the wood stove was by spitting on it and making it sizzle------he thought that was wonderful and spent the evening chucking mouthfulls of spittle at the stove.
    Most poignant moment was when the boy sat on Kate's lap and said " Mummy, can't we get a policeman to go and find daddy" ? Such are the wonderful workings of a child's mind !

Point I was making, the house is back to normal, but it takes a bunch of kids, two dogs and people to bring it back to life and lose the shadow that's been hanging over it for the last year.

Her who shall be obeyed has just called breakfast------sounds like bloody pandemonium in the kitchen. Happy days !!!
    got another cock up on S&F.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had to log in again--------why-------Tried to log on but was told to " Sign In"
    Afraid we still got a glitch on the site Greg!

Looks like the fall meeting in Tavares is on at the same time as the offshore meeting in Key West.
    What the hell part of boat meetings "Organisers" don't understand !?

i can name ten people who will attend Key West over Tavares, eight are part of my own family.
    Surely it can't be too difficult to organise two meetings that don't clash in November -------one week either way and everyone's happy!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi Jackie,

It's not a glitch with the site - when you're logging in, make sure that you're checking the box that says "remember me" next to where you type in your name. Also, if you are using any sort of internet cookie-blocking utilities like McAfee or Norton, that could very well be blocking the login cookie that is required to keep you logged in here.

Let me know if I can help - just email, text, call, or PM me here and I am happy to help you

Look below - make sure that box with the arrow pointing to it is checked when you're logging in. If it's not, the site will automatically log you out when you close the session. That is a security preference option.

Greg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-login.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	336917

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right then, that's me told.
    As far as I know I don't have any Norton anti virus anything and the closest thing I remember to McFee comes fresh out of "back to the future" (part two) or was that McFly. . Told you the memory's shot to ermintrude !

Been a hit and miss sort of day-----house full of folk------all stayed until gone midday------ then it was time for a nap.
    Got into the shop a little after three, but lacking enthusiasm and conviction , never thought a triple axle trailer would take me a week--------shop was cold as charity with tools spread over five counties---------couldn't be arsed to work up a sweat. Spent a half hour cogitating ------then walked out and locked the door.

Temperatures dropping daily, looks like we're due to get some colonial snow on Wednesday -----sod that for a game of soldiers, may stay indoors, light the wood stove and play computers !

I did sort out a nice chunk of Holly to make the hull for the V bottom to fit on the three axles, sawed all the burrs off'n it so it's ready to attack once the trailers complete?
    Time for ZUZZEZ, I'm rambling again, MYGGWY .J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you see that "WHINGING WILLABEE" is doing his bum kissing best to get the "Hot Singles" and "Hot Multis" elevated to "STICKIES"--------try getting carpet burns on your knees and calling Mr. Admin, Sir Greg.
    Just had another looksee this morning and Bugger me if the old creep hasn't got 'em STICKIED, ----MAYBE--------you should get the handle changed to "WHEEDLING AND WHINGING WILLABEE"

Just joshing William, Hot Singles must be the biggest ever hit on S&F and I've watched it gallop away with the numbers, if memory serves me, I did congratulate you on hitting the quarter million mark------just in front of Seeroy's "Lake X" thread.

Suppose I should congratulate you on getting to be sticky, but I won't ' cos I always knew you were
    "Creepy Crew Chief From Columbus Ohio"!

Time I was up and running------got a triple axle trailer to terminate today !

9. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wheedling & Whinging .....?

Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    .....Just had another looksee this morning and Bugger me if the old creep hasn't got 'em STICKIED, ----MAYBE--------you should get the handle changed to "WHEEDLING AND WHINGING WILLABEE"

Just joshing William, Hot Singles must be the biggest ever hit on S&F and I've watched it gallop away with the numbers, if memory serves me, I did congratulate you on hitting the quarter million mark------just in front of Seeroy's "Lake X" thread.

Suppose I should congratulate you on getting to be sticky, but I won't ' cos I always knew you were
    "Creepy Crew Chief From Columbus Ohio"! .....
    I don't believe those words are common to the proper version of English, but I'm sure you were trying to say something nice ..... as always.
    Last edited by willabee; 02-15-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willabee View Post
    I don't believe those words are common to the proper version of English, but I'm sure you were trying to say something nice ..... as always.
    Who ??? Me !!!! I don't do nice Willa, I was trying to elucidate the finer points of the English language-------way deeper than "cat and mat-----dog and wog, Jack and Jill" back almost to original dialect.
    I'm considered to be something of an expert on Yorkshire dialect (my native tongue), when we next meet up I'll give you a demo of English as it should be spoken-------not the Oxford, BBC version !
    Eg; Oxford English -----"Would you please open the door".
    Purest Yorkshire --- ----"Wiltoppen door".
    Its easy, uncomplicated, but difficult to the uninitiated ( if you get what I mean).

Soldiered on with the three axle------stitched on the mudguards-----mounted the winch post, twisted up the pulley, cobbled the tyres on to the two spare wheels and bolted the wheels to the chassis. Must be slowing down quickly------took me a full week to finish the damn thing, just have to fit the tow bar, found a rose joint that will do nicely. Almost forgot the jockey wheel, even managed to fit a bearing in that too.
    Have to confess-----the device does glide along smoothly
    Did manage to rough out some sort of shape for the hull, just got to figure out the steps, the ARNESONS , trim tabs and props------pretty sure I'll get there sometime next week.

Its not looking pretty-----but it'll be alright on the night. ,!

Oh yes, the other thing is------if you want to read the "Tricks" thread scroll down to the bottom of the page , way down below all the Stickies.
    Will have to show topless (and bottomless) ladies-------or tell some bloody good jokes before I get elevated into the sticky showcase. It's the only way I'm ever going to get a quarter million hits in under another year .
    I could not whinge and creep my way up the ladder like the one who shall be nameless. j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good 'ole Greg at S&F, he finally managed to get all my posts together in one box (or did he ?)

Sorry Greg, just trying a "Willabee" on you, you know, the sneaky, whinging, whining,underhand, carpet burns on the knees sort of plea-bargaining and begging that you get from other authors on S&F.
    It worked once, so I thought I might just throw you a curve and stand back, J.

Time to get out the spokeshave and make some inroads into the latest "Concept"----- one of the few times I get to use a bit of skill-------just love to hear and feel a sharp blade on wood------pure magic.
    With a bit of luck, a touch of class, a nicely grained lump of holly, I hope the thing starts to come together in a rush. If it starts to look the biz I'll post a progress Piccie in the coming days, keep getting dopey ideas of imaginative maritime meanderings thanks to the Miami Show at the Marine stadium----------was some " far out " gear down there.

This won't get the baby a new pair of shoes------time to get out there and kill something (metaphorically speaking).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little or no progress today-------I know the shape I want, but actually getting it right is proving laboriously slow--------hands are taking no notice of the signals the little grey cells are sending.
    No cock ups yet--------but it's early days-------- will put the two steps on the bottom tomorrow, they have to be exact--------no room for error-------even on a concept.
    Part timing tomorrow, can only play in the shop until 10:30 am as we are having lunch out with two very good friends of mine, Clive and Jane.

Wonder why I don't have the same clout as Willabee-------"Tricks" is dropping further down the pecking order and Greg the Admin didn't merge the two addresses .
    You may have to go all the way down to page 2 before long !

Enough of all this, I'll talk to you in the morning MYGGWY .J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought long and hard about how to construct the Vee bottom-------finally nailed it, if I think hard and long enough I can usually come up with the answer.
    there were too many burrs and knots and crossgraining for the spokeshave to be effective, had to revert to the "Arbortech" --------it's a kind of ROTORY hand held chain saw, highly lethal but effective piece of kit.
    Progress report the end of the week------slow going over the last ten days------not quite up to muster yet, arthritis and muscles are taking a battering, inactivity does nobody any favours !
    Look out for more news tonight, J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only managed two hours this morning but I figure my friends are far more important than any "Concept"
    Clive and Jane are wonderful people and I do not spend enough time with them, there is just not enough time to do all the things we would like to in our life, but we should never lose sight of the fact that people are more important than "Concepts".
    There has to be a middle road somewhere where I can balance doing the things I like but never forgetting or spending time with the wonderful people I have met as I rush headlong down the expressway of life.
    I must remember to stop and smell the roses occasionally and not rush headlong through life trying to get to the next place before I have remembered to enjoy the place I'm already at.
    Enjoy what you already have, don't think the grass is always greener over the hill, enjoy where your at now , while you can.

16. Likes shadowcat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never made it back into the shop, neighbour Steve invited Jilly and I round for a Bon voyage drink, they're off to Barbados tomorrow.He got out a 25 year old Jura malt, your not getting much tonight.

Should get a full day in, no interruptions -------this latest job has to be absolutely "Spot On"-----will tell you why when it's all done and dusted.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know if the Caldwell V6 2:5 Billet race engine has ever run yet ?
    Looks a bit "Brucatoish" to me, or have I missed something.

If there's ever going to be a cat in hells chance of getting numbers back into powerboat racing, there must be a formula.
    Until that happens, there will be no revival
    I don't care where you start------2 litres, 2.5----3 litres-----just don't leave it open ended, that killed off circuit racing last time around, we must not let it happen again.

Page 245 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 145 195 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 295 345 745 1245 ... LastLast