User Tag List

Page 69 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 19 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 119 169 569 1069 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 18756
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya Steve, are we talking about Kiri who used to build boats in France and was killed when he hit the wall during the six hours race-----either late fifties or early sixties----I was racing with John Derrington when it happened. Believe he was part of the first Anglo - French competition at Chase, but maybe I'm wrong ,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post
    Attachment 306358Attachment 306359Attachment 306360 Jackie I think you may need something to perk you up a bit i have found that old trophy it says the Claud Kiri trophy maybe you have heard of him.?I have added a few items in this picture just to remind you of a time long ago when OMC managed to Whup the but off Mercury in many races?.
    What's all this tosh you are coming out with Steve, the time OMC ever managed to Quote, "Whup the but off Mercury" unquote----was when Pontius was a Pilate and a time so far back --even I can't remember-----refresh my memory on when and where this strange happening occurred ?.
    I still think this was a figment of your imagination from childhood. Sincerely, Jackie .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	408.5 KB 
ID:	306443Click image for larger version. 

Views:	10 
Size:	405.3 KB 
ID:	306444Click image for larger version. 

Views:	18 
Size:	438.9 KB 
ID:	306445

Took my Californian friends on a sightseeing tour of the local castle and priory yesterday,
    Arundel castle and Boxgrove Priory.
    The castle was finished on Christmas Day 1065 so it has a fair bit of history and the lawns have nearly reached perfection, another couple of hundred and they should be just about right.
    I'm sure you all heard about the colonial who asked the head Gardner at Arundel how he got the lawns to look so good, he replied, you take a stretch of grass and roll it and cut it for a thousand years----------etc, I'm sure you all know the rest.
    Off to Goodwood and Sunday lunch at the Richmond Arms then a tour of the "CASS Foundation" and a peek at the Rolls Royce complex which is a bit like a garden city.
    Thats George and Maryka with " Madame" in the centre, 'twas me taking the phoggies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a grand tour of the CASS Foundation, if you never heard of it, just look it up on Google, it's mind blowing to walk the sixty acres of sculptures and savour the ideas of different artists.
    Then we had a sumptuous lunch at the Richmond Goodwood -----then did a tour of Chichester, taking in the cathedral and the medieval cross. Had to cram in a lot as it's the last day of our friends stay before leaving crack- o-sparrow Monday .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	7 
Size:	439.9 KB 
ID:	306465

George stroking a rather large arse at the "CASS "

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	12 
Size:	436.4 KB 
ID:	306468Click image for larger version. 

Views:	9 
Size:	434.6 KB 
ID:	306469

Some of these sculptures are huckin fuge, you can walk inside them, carved out of solid granite and can cost up to half a mill.
    Thats me with the Leica and her who shall be obeyed looking in to a massive polished stainless piece.
    You don't have to look at em, it's just "tricks this old racer gets up to in his retirement"
    Have it on good authority from R/J to stay home and turn out chunks of wood on the lathe anyway-----no more wankel wandering. Gob zipped firmly shut on that subject, being a good little boy!!!
    DOWNTON ABBEY starts in a minute----it's the new series and I've had orders to watch so I'll say goodnight MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guests all gone, home is mine again, back to norm.
    Leave crack-o-sparrow for Gatwick and the flight to Inverness tomorrow, then hit the "whusky" trail starting at GLENMORANGIE , five days of unmitigated debauchery, I know,I know, I'm a lucky bastard, you don't have to go there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    What's all this tosh you are coming out with Steve, the time OMC ever managed to Quote, "Whup the but off Mercury" unquote----was when Pontius was a Pilate and a time so far back --even I can't remember-----refresh my memory on when and where this strange happening occurred ?.
    I still think this was a figment of your imagination from childhood. Sincerely, Jackie .
    I am only going on what my memory tells me Jackie the yellow Stinger jacket says Johnson Outboards Racing World Champions from around 1972-73 red jacket 1975? if you think back from 1970 to 1980` this is only my opinion Jackie in Europe if you add the overall 1st places and you combine all the racing classes SE OE ON OZ I think OMC would have more 1st places` now I know you won`t get too upset about this now lets hear your opinion Jackie? PS I think you are correct about the Claude Kirie trophy?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to agree on the OE/SE 850 class, they were light years ahead of mercury -----but ON ? Are you having a laugh, I forget how many years FONDA ran, but it was quite a few, and in all those years of 2 litre racing OMC only won I heat----that was in Munich with Velden, but he never came out for the 2nd and 3rd heats. OMC never ever won a single race (that I remember).
    Have to admit it was Mercury backed, but it was open to ANY 2 litre motors, even the Cosworth .
    OZ!!! just take a look at the history books Stevo -----Messy time for outboard racing, lawsuits flying like confetti, sponsors walking away from the sport, yeah OZ racing rang the death knell for powerboat racing.
    As for WORLD CHAMPION ratings-------you can win one race down at key west and wear the crown.
    But like the 100 metres is the blue riband in athletics-----the 2 litre ON class is the blue riband of powerboating.
    So Steve, to sum it all up ----I don't really know who won what and where, but would bet the farm that Mercury have won more races than ALL other makes combined.
    SOOO, I may be a tad biased as R/J tells me and should stick to turning chunks of wood on my lathe-----but if I did, the world would be a hell of a lot duller place.

Clothes all pressed and bags packed, not taking the Kevlar flak jak on the whusky trail, like I told you the Scots are a friendly bunch and the dirk is kept well hidden in the sporron.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What years did the fonda series run?
    I agree Jackie the 2.0 was the best idea but omc didnt want to make a production 2.0 v6 and merc made a custom race engine although no longer make any 2.0 engines.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Twas the winter of discontent 1979, I finished racing and Jenkins, Spalding and Percival put it to me I should start a formula one race series with a two litre limit, they were all racing ON 2litre Mercurys at the time. This was before OMC started throwing dollar bills around. We ran as formula1 for the first season but some underhand deals within the UIM robbed us of that title so we ran as FONDA for the next ten years or so until the OMC cash machine ran out.
    FONDA was the only show in town but it wasn't long before the politics and jiggery pokery of the UIM reared it's ugly head---------but that's another story.
    The full story will never be known unless David Parkinson decides to write his memoirs, he saved all the details for a " Stormy" day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    'Twas the winter of discontent 1979, I finished racing and Jenkins, Spalding and Percival put it to me I should start a formula one race series with a two litre limit, they were all racing ON 2litre Mercurys at the time. This was before OMC started throwing dollar bills around. We ran as formula1 for the first season but some underhand deals within the UIM robbed us of that title so we ran as FONDA for the next ten years or so until the OMC cash machine ran out.
    FONDA was the only show in town but it wasn't long before the politics and jiggery pokery of the UIM reared it's ugly head---------but that's another story.
    The full story will never be known unless David Parkinson decides to write his memoirs, he saved all the details for a " Stormy" day.
    The reason i ask is OMC rolled out the 727 ( 2.0 v6) and I read somewhere won with it and then said goodbye.
    It wouldnt be that hard to make a custom V6 beat a semi production engine as the 2.0 F1 Merc was
    I wonder where that score is on the board?
    Interesting to note that F2 is 10 times more popular than F1 at the moment regardless thats its 2.5 ltr old 120 race donk or the 200xs Opti both of which are under 250hp and stock classes.
    Maybe boat racing is more popular than engine racing after all..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe boat racing is more popular than engine racing after all..

Amen to that--- the sport is bigger than the manufacturers-----and ever more shall be so.
    I don't give a flying fart what size you run ----so long as its single engine and capped. 2/3 litres and make it stick.
    F 1 is just a title ----nothing more-----But F2----i'd change it back to grand prix----Regulated capacity is the only way to go.
    Would prefer stock motors because there is always a genius in the pack that can make a motor sing a different tune -----just for a while ---till it pukes.
    Gotta go , have a plane to catch-----i can smell and taste the malt already !!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie, We all hope you & the bride (Jilly) have a lovely time don't bother bringing too many samples back,I'm sure we will
    all be happy with just the one bottle each!!....Phill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just another day at work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jackie.jpg  

Page 69 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 19 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 119 169 569 1069 ... LastLast