User Tag List

Page 77 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 27 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 127 177 577 1077 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 18756
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	402.7 KB 
ID:	308159Click image for larger version. 

Views:	27 
Size:	402.7 KB 
ID:	308159

Same two kids 45 years down the road-----taken outside Ritchies shop just about a year ago.
    He's due for another visit next month.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    OK Rich----on reflection it would have to be------I've only heard one side of the story, maybe you could fill us in as to the reasons for the ban at KEY WEST then.
    I believe the ban stems from the discovery that Stevie was listed as the president of the new organization when it incorporated last spring...After that became public, last week, he resigned the position.
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    I believe the ban stems from the discovery that Stevie was listed as the president of the new organization when it incorporated last spring...After that became public, last week, he resigned the position.
    Sorry Rich, there has to be more to it than that. The boat world is too compact to start a new organisation and for it to remain unknown for six months, if the UIM&APBA knew about, so did a lot more people.
    You don't put a restraining order within a three mile radius of Key West on a seven times world champion and four Qatar off shore rigs because Steve was made president of a breakaway organisation last spring.
    My own guess and what little information I have is that the establishment boat got rocked when Sarasota were only offered a year by year contract instead of a three year deal. Stevie stepped on a few tootsies by offering an alternate deal. (Does that sound about right Rich ?)

There have been a fair few " Upstart" bids in the powerboat circles, very few are ever successful.
    Putting the bloc on participants is not the way to go. There aren't enough of them to do that.
    Get round the table, discuss, plead, negotiate---you have to move a long way down the line before you throw your dollies out of the pram and call the Sherriff.

Steve Curtis is well respected in offshore circles, especially by other drivers, why the sledgehammer to crack the nut?
    You are usually fairly up to date on these matters Rich, am I missing something here?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Sorry Rich, there has to be more to it than that. The boat world is too compact to start a new organisation and for it to remain unknown for six months, if the UIM&APBA knew about, so did a lot more people.
    You don't put a restraining order within a three mile radius of Key West on a seven times world champion and four Qatar off shore rigs because Steve was made president of a breakaway organisation last spring.
    My own guess and what little information I have is that the establishment boat got rocked when Sarasota were only offered a year by year contract instead of a three year deal. Stevie stepped on a few tootsies by offering an alternate deal. (Does that sound about right Rich ?)

There have been a fair few " Upstart" bids in the powerboat circles, very few are ever successful.
    Putting the bloc on participants is not the way to go. There aren't enough of them to do that.
    Get round the table, discuss, plead, negotiate---you have to move a long way down the line before you throw your dollies out of the pram and call the Sherriff.

Steve Curtis is well respected in offshore circles, especially by other drivers, why the sledgehammer to crack the nut?
    You are usually fairly up to date on these matters Rich, am I missing something here?
    You're not missing anything Jackie, except that for decades OPT/SBR/SBI has been Offshore's immovable object. Generations of other organizations and racers have tried to negotiate with that august body and ended up either wearing a barrel and stuck with an obscene bill, or walking out of the "give and take" meetings realizing that they were meant to give and SBI meant to take. I respect that SBI is a business first, last and always and has endured while an enormous amount of opponents have long given up the ghost. But in the end it has been bad for the sport since it initiated as the first major breakaway from the APBA/UIM back in 1987 and has subjected the racers who follow it through two bankruptcies, an ever diminishing PR and TV image, and a stranglehold on their beloved Key West.

I applaud Stevie for at least trying an alternative, but he is being villified by the sport's current generation of interchangeable lemmings and minions for daring to look outside the lines.

Nuff said....
    Last edited by T2x; 10-20-2014 at 12:00 PM.
    20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    You're not missing anything Jackie, except that for decades OPT/SBR/SBI has been Offshore's immovable object. Generations of other organizations and racers have tried to negotiate with that august body and ended up either wearing a barrel and stuck with an obscene bill, or walking out of the "give and take" meetings realizing that they were meant to give and SBI meant to take. I respect that SBI is a business first, last and always and has endured while an enormous amount of opponents have long given up the ghost. But in the end it has been bad for the sport since it initiated as the first major breakaway from the APBA/UIM back in 1987 and has subjected the racers who follow it through two bankruptcies, an ever diminishing PR and TV image, and a stranglehold on their beloved Key West.

I applaud Stevie for at least trying an alternative, but he is being villified by the sport's current generation of interchangeable lemmings and minions for daring to look outside the lines.

Nuff said....
    Believe that's called De-je-Vous Rich, been there, done that-----the road to hell.
    Think you can do a better job than the establishment, get the unmitigated support of the drivers, spend your life and a fortune on creating a series .
    You actually believe what your trying to do, work all the hours God sent, no support from either RYA or UIM----finally get the makings of a series, only to wake up with the stiletto buried between your shoulder blades. Lifelong friends become enemies, promises get broken along with your heart.
    All I ever wanted was to make things better for every driver, use common sense and honesty but I rapidly found there wasn't much of that in the powerboat world.
    Then Parkinson came along with £500 towards the telephone bill, (found afterwards Mercury paid it)
    he got heavily involved with his PR company JBS.
    For 10 years FONDA was the most successful series anywhere in the world, one of the reasons was, we had A FORMULA, 2 litres, -----yes, Mercury came in and did a lot of the funding.

It came to an end when OMC threw in the towel and Velden, San Germano, and Fraulin had nowhere to go---so they kicked and stamped until Parkinson said " enough, were out of here" the UIM had played dirty politics for the last two years and we were tired by then, sick of the in fighting.

They took over FONDA , lock stock and-------

I understand perfectly what Steve Curtis is suffering right now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent the weekend sprottling about finishing off stuff that I had started and left half done all over the hog market. The concept boat never did come up to muster in the finishing department so I stripped all the wax polish off'n it, smoothed and varnished it and made an alternate breakaway cockpit-----it's all nonsense of course, but it keeps me out of the kitchen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	418.7 KB 
ID:	308262

Another shot of the Turbine----whether or not it makes Tavares remains to be seen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Concepts" are a bit like Apple Crumble ------If you can't make a perfect apple pie the way Mom TRIED to make it -------then bake an apple crumble !!!!!!! .its impossible to spoil it.
    Somebody once asked me why i didn't make model boats,---------answers quite simple really -------i wouldn't have a clue how to go about it, and as for "Scale Models" -----i would not know where to begin either.
    Godzilla wasn't even a "Puff" in the end---typical autumn day, wind blowing the leaves about -----just like its done for thousands of years, watery sunshine, but a drop in temperature. Indian summer is over, time to put on another cashmere, best thing to keep you warm. Shall be wearing two of them from now on, although on really cold winter days---[anywhere below zero, i shall don four cashmeres----two of em will be roll neck.
    I dont do colds or flu or flu jabs, always got two hankies in my pocket ,my sainted mother always called them "Snot Rags"but she was an uncouth old biddy at times!!!!!!! in fact , she was an uncouth old biddy ALL the time.
    Off to the "Fish Factory" in Littlehampton for lunch, fancy a plate of Haddock and chips, [ fries to colonials] and mushy peas or farty beans, whatever takes your fancy at the time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See that dear old Oscar got five years in clink----better than finding the bugger innocent which was always a chance depending on what side of the bed her worship descended.
    At one time I feared he would walk, as it is, his lawyers will be clamouring for a re trial and instant release as it would be a little uncomfortable for the poor chap having to do stir.
    Off to lunch-----will have a look at the channel and see what the breakers are like, give you a shout later.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The channel had a real nasty chop on it, the IOW ferries had been cancelled, blowing a force seven, you wouldn't want to take the canoe round the Needles in that weather.
    Settled for "moules ET frites"."mussels and fries" for lunch. excellent fodder, quaffed with a pint of courage, best bitter, slid down a treat!

The judge clarified Oscar P's sentence tonight-----just 10 months in the actual pokey + 4 years open house arrest in his own home------nice one OZ -----
    Well, it was only a small gun, and it only took 4 shells, and she didn't suffer, and let's face it----there would have been unnecessary hardship had he been banged up for life. Looking back, it could only have happened in South Africa.

So let's get it right from the start.
    Killed girl friend with four bullets
    Not guilty verdict-----ONLY manslaughter
    Wait for a month to deliver verdict.

10 months in the nick
    Then go home for four years, but take three years off cos he's sorry. Funny stink around?
    Wonder how OZ sleeps at night?
    There was me thinking the bugger might have got away with it!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winds died down a bit----nothing untoward in the way of weather, typical October day.
    Taking the Lexus in for a new front bumper (fender) just have to bite the bullet and grin and bear it.

Got out one of Jilly's old suitcases to start packing the golf trophies in-----shudder to think what the weight will come out at!
    The day beckons, time to rock------get back to you lunchtime.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't get back to you lunchtime, main reason being, had bugger all to say about anything.
    Fell into a mad fit of depression after being handed a bill for a $1,000 for the new bumper, was a time when you could run into a bloody donkey and cart and not even do ten bobs worth of damage.
    if you open the door without protective gloves nowadays you run up a bill of $500. The worlds gone bloody crazy. Seriously thinking of taking up religion, reckon I'd make a damn fine Cardinal or Archbishop, or maybe a Rabbi.
    My sainted mother would positively "Spin" in her grave-----during the war, she used to send me to chapel on a Sunday, but I was certain it was just to get me out of the house whilst she entertained one of my 27 Canadian uncles, rather than learning the scriptures from the knee touching old vicar, who had a penchant for the communion wine.
    Sod my old britches if it's not Thursday again tomorrow, car boot sale at Ford airfield .
    Seem to have lost my Midas touch these days, haven't bought anything of note for a month or more. Maybe strike gold tomorrow, Sandman said hi ten minutes ago, MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a different day-----pretty much the same old bric-a-brac, managed to forage out a half pint tin of varnish and a roll of silver tape.
    Opened the varnish to find it was an opaque milky latex looking liquid like you would feed a Tom cat.
    Reading the destructions it says " clean brushes in warm soapy water "-----what the hell sort of a mix is that?
    I must have led a sheltered life methinks, I hope they still use varnish brushes, maybe they stopped using 'em when I wasn't looking!!
    Had some good news this morning-----sold " THE GIESHA GIRL" to a lady of impeccable taste who resides in California. That kinda put a smile all over my face, and has made the day seem a whole lot brighter.

Started to pack the suitcase that will transport all but the main golf trophies across the pond. In and out like a bloody yo-yo with no sight of them fitting in without at least a skirmish, if not a full scale war. Enjoy the rest of the day.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if "DONMAC" has started clearing up for the winter.
    Could he possibly make an appearance at Tavares?
    Whats the chance of old man Willa making a grand entrance?
    Maybe Stickle will Make the journey!
    What about Benny from Canada?

This has got the makings of a good party somewhere along the line-------I can feel it in my water

Seems a long time since Steve Pinson was around.

Any one out there ever used water based varnish? You must have to put a hell of a lot of coats down before you get anywhere near a finish!

Are the Kitson/Hunt combo giving a rendition ----can any old fart join in?

Im badly in need of some of you to talk to me, anyway folk get pissed at me alter a while, so if you feel like joining in ---------Be my guest, in the meanwhile goodnight and god bless, MYGGWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right helpful lot of old farts you lot turned out to be. Ask a simple question, complete bloody silence, not even a sex and travel comment, you need poking with a " Tazer"!
    Miserable dark old December morning and it's only October ----forecast rain, lock the shed door sort of day, creative thinking sort of day, Jilly's off to the theatre this afternoon, not my scene, had enough culture to last me a lifetime. Car boot is about as much culture as I need these days.

Asked the skycap at Orlando airport for Alamo ---
    He touched his cap and said " The car hire people"?
    Told him I thought I might just have missed Davey Crockat !

Well I didn't have much to tell you today----hope your weathers better than mine.

Page 77 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 27 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 127 177 577 1077 ... LastLast