User Tag List

Page 51 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 101 151 551 1051 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cameron calls on France for support in the sanctions front------Putin has two aircraft carriers coming from France , so there won't be any loud noises made by the frogs----flogging a dead horse there I'm afraid. Putin calls on his cronies for support for the Ukraine militants---this is the real Russian roulette. Wake up everyone, this is not just sabre rattling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time for me to get off "life's roundabout" for a while----- put the soapbox away and just tell you what's going on in my neck of the woods-----the stuff I get up to and the people I meet. This thread is about old boaters and tricks they get up to, I just wandered off the beaten track a little, sorry'bout that.

made a dozen "Halen gars"today, these are Swedish drinking trolls all from the Vodka and AQUAVITE tribes ----did take some pictures so you would be suitably impressed, but me being me, I left the camera in the workshop, so no piccies till tomorrow .
    Wednesday is the last day for the first wave of kids, Thursday we have the posh wedding, where I get to wear the "Armani". Free days Friday and Saturday before the next wave moves in, lucky the weather is set fair to well into August, so they can swim in the pool all day long.
    not a lot to rabbit on about, and it's too soon to tell another joke so TA-TA for now, MYGGWY .J

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment 302012Attachment 302013Attachment 302014

Up up about six to make the early morning " cuppa" so opened up the shop and retrieved the camera-----here's the promised piccies to start off the day. Just wanted to prove I have not been sat on my posterior-----all part of the Swedish Collection for my good friend Runo Cronström .
    Aquavites come in all sizes and are coloured from pale yellow to deep brown, and like humans, come in various shapes,( dependant on age ).
    There are two main tribes------the Vodka and AQUAVITE ----lesser tribes are, Dill ,Corriander, Anise, mint and fennel.
    Trolls are peculiar to Scandinavia, but are much sought after by avid collectors worldwide and are very addictive.
    Should you have any experience of the " Halen Gars" please let me know.j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Invalid attachments.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	419.6 KB 
ID:	302059Click image for larger version. 

Views:	20 
Size:	403.6 KB 
ID:	302062Click image for larger version. 

Views:	18 
Size:	404.8 KB 
ID:	302063Click image for larger version. 

Size:	404.8 KB 
ID:	302063Click image for larger version. 

Views:	17 
Size:	400.9 KB 
ID:	302064Click image for larger version. 

Views:	20 
Size:	396.2 KB 
ID:	302065
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Invalid attachments.
    Sorry ' bout that Johnno, can't get the staff these days-----was a time when you could rely on the management -----promise I did post the piccies------mutilation set in at the offices of S&F.
    Two pictures the same -----I have to hold my hand up, I was getting a bit impatient (as I do) and pressed the upload button twice, you could die and go to heaven and back whilst the pics are UPLOADING.
    Those are the "Halen Gars" , darker ones are "Cinnamon Vodka"------Lighter ones are " Citron AQUAVITE " minor tribes are the Vodka Vanillas and Rose petal AQUAVITE , there are literally hundreds of these marauding tribes. Collective name for them is "SCHNAPPS"-----beware, they sneak up on you when you least expect it.
    Have mounted them all, some are freestanding , others are wall mounted.
    Will print off their war cry (if anyone's interested)?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...that's some good looking wood there you are working with Brother. I have a Pecan orchard and also some Mesquite that I work from time to time, but have nothing that looks like that. have some slabs of Pecan in the garage stacked up I can make some table tops out of....but haven't gotten around to it yet as I have been working on the old Contender.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston340 View Post
    ...that's some good looking wood there you are working with Brother. I have a Pecan orchard and also some Mesquite that I work from time to time, but have nothing that looks like that. have some slabs of Pecan in the garage stacked up I can make some table tops out of....but haven't gotten around to it yet as I have been working on the old Contender.
    Good morning Pilgrim only time I came across Mesquite was at the "PONDEROSA" restaurant , they were chucking it on to the Bar-B-Q.
    Guess that pecan must be a tad similar to Walnut----very dark brown heart.
    If you get a half chance send me a picture of both woods, I would appreciate that, a shot of the old Contender would be a good idea too,J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Mystery to me is why MI5 and Langley didn't wake up sooner, and take the bastards out 2minutes after they shot the plane down-------------they would have in the film!
    If u tube is believable then they can sit at a 'puter in Arizona and pinpoint a rabbit in the Ukraine and pick it off with a single shot-----why not terrorist factions?
    IMHO everytime a satellite was needed they dont work...cant find pirates in the Indian Ocean, cant find weapons of mass destruction being shipped around.
    Cant see very dangerous missile launchers driving from Russia to the Ukraine etc etc.
    just what are they looking at...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damned governments have taken enough money out of the economy to ensure there are more satellites than stars, but there a bit like buses-----theres never one there when you need it----then two come along empty.
    Don't believe in James Bond anymore----no such thing as 007 ------ if he was for real he would have sorted this before it evan began.
    Superman where the hell have you hibernated to? [probably still knocking off Lois Lane]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	28 
Size:	387.8 KB 
ID:	302131Click image for larger version. 

Size:	411.3 KB 
ID:	302132Click image for larger version. 

Views:	22 
Size:	376.5 KB 
ID:	302134

Thats me and the ARMANI and the groom.
    thats the six hundred year old Hampshire manor house where the wedding was held.
    Thats my table placing just in case you didn't believe I got invited to a posh wedding.

'it's very late and I'm "cream crackered" ----talk tomorrow, MYGGWY .J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friday, bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to take on the world again, yesterday temperatures reached over 30 degrees------today is forecast to be about the same again.
    Looked in at the pool condition' 32, the highest it's ever been, years since I've been in the pool this much------don't do a lot of up and down the length these days, more of a knees bend and dip the bonce in occasionally. Though I must confess I did dive in last time but the shock to the system was so great it did catch me off guard----that was positively the last time.
    Next wave of screaming marauders due in Sunday, so have to make the most of these last two days of freedom.
    Jilly and daughter are off to the Chichester Festival Theatre todayfor a bit of culture, needless to say , not exactly my cup of tea and I'm cultured enough already.
    Looks like I shall have a day to myself, rare treat indeed,shall try to be at my creative best and produce something special!
    Pretty sure there's a lot of old boaters out there who get up to lots of tricks, why don't you share them with us all, I would like it if a lot more of you joined in----as one of my kids told me----the threads ok dad except there too much of YOU in it-----lout of the mouth of babes--------catch you all later. J .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the stupid spell check for you. "Lout of the mouth of babes". Should read OUT of, !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Size:	412.6 KB 
ID:	302219

Just finished off the " Cronstrom" Collection of trolls-----some are wall mounted with secret slot fixings, the rest are freestanding with soft green baize on the underside.
    Quite pleased with the weeks work----played about with various finishes----yacht varnish----epoxy---wax polish.
    Haven't quite got the hang of epoxy----gives a very deep shine, but ten coats of wax or three coats of yacht varnish will give the same result.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Course it's Saturday today, But Jilly decides she's going for a walk in the woods first thing before it gets too hot to walk. Trouble is the woods are a mile from the house so she needs the lexus to get there----she leaves at 6-30, walks for ninety minutes, back by 8 . Car boot sale starts at 7-00am so it's near nine when i get there-----forraged for an hour but the only thing I found was an anvil.
    I have used a section of railway line as my bashing block for years (since my son persuaded me I no longer needed an anvil) and managed quite nicely thank you. Saw the said rusty old anvil looking very sorry for itself and ignored my better judgement and bid a silly price for it (. Nothing to lose I didn't really want it anyway) the geezer snatched my hand off, told me he was sick of the sight of it, every time he picked it up he got chronic backache. Soon. As I did the deal I thought "oh sh-t, I have to carry it to the car". I got it home and I won't be buying another very soon I can tell you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was one of those "Remember all your life" days yesterday, neighbours down the lane had a 60th birthday party ( Jesus H. I got kids older than that) and Jilly and me and all of our local friends were invited. Started off with Champagne and continued with more wine, 'twas a 12 o'clock midday start and a stonking hot summer day 86 and rising, tell you more later, leaving to pick the grand kids up.

Page 51 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 101 151 551 1051 ... LastLast